Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Angels & Guides (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Angels help non Christian persons (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144834)

FoxTracks 13-09-2022 01:30 AM

Angels help non Christian persons

I’ll lay it out right here and now: I’m not a Christian. I’m a practicing witch who is also on the shamanic path. This hasn’t stopped me from feeling angel power in my life though.

When I was first getting started on the path of shamanism, my shaman and teacher gave me a sheet of paper with an angel invocation on it. It was meant to protect and cleanse my sacred space, my home. It was very effective. One of my teacher’s teachers was a practicing shaman and also a Christian. I am not sure how her practice worked or evolved, if she relied more on angels than her power animals or upper world teachers, nature spirits etc. I would assume she ran the gamut to be a shaman in her own right, called upon to bring balance to the natural world and humans, and bring medicine to them as well.

It would be years later when I was gifted a book called “The Power of Angels” by Joanne Brocas. I opened it, read it, and tried the exercises with a healthy dose of skepticism and trepidation. At the time, I did not even believe in the Christian God. However, the power I felt humming inside me as I read and tried the first few exercises was astonishing. They were some of the highest, lightest vibrations I have ever experienced coming from the angels. I asked for healing and was obliged with grace. The angels had such an energizing yet calming presence that it was hard for me to believe.

Being rather shocked, I incorporated the angels into my practice for only a short time. I just picked up “The Power of Angels” again to look up the description of the chakras I remember being within, and while I was at it I tried the aura cleansing exercise within, if only for old times sake. I immediately felt the presence of the angels a long with ringing in my ears. It amazed me all over again. It has made me question my beliefs. Is the Christian God the one true God? Pagan deities may have high vibrations but tend to be made up of earth energies. While pagan vibrations tend to thrum with power, I have found angel vibrations to be a high pitched, humming tingle.

So, what do you all think about my experience? Do you have to be Christian to access “true” angel power? Should you be Christian if you plan to incorporate them into your practice? Why are the angels willing to help me even though I’m a witch? Is God truly so loving that he would overlook what he has written in his holy book as deviltry and false worship? Anyone else out there who is not Christian being helped or guided by angels? Is it fair to call on angel power despite my beliefs?

When did angels come into your life? We’re you a Christian at the time? Was it a calling to you? Do some of you believe angels exist but not the Christian God?

I don’t plan on becoming Christian because my heart tells me my path is one of nature and the open skies, one of deep roots in the human subconscious reaching backwards towards our ancestors. Nevertheless, I’d like to have a little discussion about it.

Love and light your way,

FoxTracks

Native spirit 13-09-2022 09:19 AM

I'm glad it worked for you , It doesn't matter what faith you are for Angels to help you I'm not a Christian but I have seen and felt the Angels

Namaste

FairyCrystal 13-09-2022 09:55 AM

Somehow church makes you believe the angels are part of religion. For that reason I didn't want to work with angels in the past.
Then, when I was training with a hedgewitch, this came up and she put me straight. She told me angels have been around for way longer than Christianity and as such have nothing to do with religion.
Islam btw also mentions Archangels, I believe a couple more than Christianity.

In any case, since I was told that, which made a lot of sense, I started working with angels and AAs.
Nowadays I call on AAs quite regularly and it feels great! Dragons and Unicorns are also from the angelic realms. I work with them too.

What it comes down to is that churches made use of powers that were already there. They didn't create these powers, they don't own them, nor are they exclusive to people that follow church doctrine.
Angels, AAs, and other beings of the angelic realm are here for everyone. They're connected to and part of Source, not of any manmade idea.

hazada guess 13-09-2022 12:43 PM

So true FairyCrystal.

Miss Hepburn 13-09-2022 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
..and she put me straight. She told me angels have been around for way longer than Christianity
and as such have nothing to do with religion.
They're connected to and part of Source, not of any manmade idea.

Lol! Got that right!!

nephesh 13-09-2022 07:03 PM

Angels and others of the Angelic realm will work with anyone regardless of religion or non-religion. Anyone can incorporate anything in their spiritual or religious practices that they want, regardless of what religion they align with or identify with.

I knew about Angels for a long time since they are in the bible, but I didn’t learn about the ability to work with them until the early 2000’s when I saw a book by Doreen Virtue at the bookstore. At the time, I would have said I was Christian.

I did feel drawn to it, but I also knew a lot I knew would think it was taboo considering it to be “New Age” (I’ve come to not like that term because a lot of practice that gets lumped into it are far from being “New”)

Working and connecting with Angels I’ve only been doing for maybe a decade or so, and even then, I feel I’m a newbie and need to start being more consistent. My path aligns with Jesus Christ and Christianity, but I also feel there is much more. Today I would say I’m an open-minded Spiritual follower of Christ. I ordered The Power of Angels and am looking forward to reading it.

Tirisilex 13-09-2022 11:54 PM

You say that you are not Christian but yet acknowledge God's messengers?
The way I see things you can add God to your path and still do the things you want to do... God is versatile and you can be Christian and a Shaman.. The only thing you have to change if to worship God.. For example I am a Christian who practices Buddhism, Hinduism, and Shamanic type stuff.. I just know that the power comes from God.. He is the source. So you can still be a Shaman and have Christianity in your life. I'm not gonna shout out fire and brimstone to you and tell you you must see it this way.. I'm just sharing what I believe.

one-light 14-09-2022 08:54 AM

New Age Movement have facts right, and you don't have to be called a Christian to believe in Angel's - when some people say trust or thank the universe do they believe in God Jesus and the Holy Spirit I wonder......

I'm just in sunny Wales / Prestatyn - rebooting the system...

mindanalyzer 14-09-2022 10:47 AM

Everyone has to walk their own path [I truly believe] ... but my first angel experiences started when I decided to put behind me practices related to other beliefs (spiritualism, santeria) that in truth never resonated with me, and instead would make me feel guilty or dirty.

To be more exact, once I threw away a few objects of worship of these previous sets of beliefs and I finished the way of Saint James in Spain ... I started having these dreams and experiences; at the beginning these experiences were very strong and rocked me to my core, then I got used to it but it was still difficult to remain grounded.

At the same time, not everyone is the same, and more than that, who am I to judge what the angels can decide or when they decide it and with whom? Our views are limited so they know better.

ps: I only pray to God these days, but like I said, I understand that we all have to walk our own path

Miss Hepburn 14-09-2022 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindanalyzer
Our views are limited...
ps: I only pray to God ...

Me, too. ...