Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Interfaith (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Everyones God. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23702)

Honza 12-10-2011 06:33 PM

Everyones God.

Who is everyones God?

Surely that would be the SUM of all Gods put together. The Sum of human spiritual and religious belief, experience and practice.

That God would be VAST!

More than anyone of us could comprehend.

wheninsilence 12-10-2011 07:12 PM

What does VAST mean?

wheninsilence 12-10-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Who is everyones God?

Surely that would be the SUM of all Gods put together. The Sum of human spiritual and religious belief, experience and practice.

That God would be VAST!

When you say "That God" do you mean that God is some sort of entity? Just curious. :smile:

Verunia 12-10-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

IF it is even that, Honza. Or in the words of Depeche Mode, maybe all of these gods are our own personal jesus' when we need them in a certain moment. And therefore nobody's god.

This could be related to the collective soul concept that God is merely a culmination of all of our ideas and conceptions (and misconceptions, I suppose) of *it*.

wheninsilence 12-10-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verunia
This could be related to the collective soul concept that God is merely a culmination of all of our ideas and conceptions (and misconceptions, I suppose) of *it*.

I like this thinking. :smile:

Honza 13-10-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheninsilence
What does VAST mean?

Huge. Massive.

Honza 13-10-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheninsilence
When you say "That God" do you mean that God is some sort of entity? Just curious. :smile:

Some sort of Being. Yes.

Miss Hepburn 13-10-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Who is everyones God?

God is to me or Who is God to me
by Miss Hepburn

God to me is like a Gene Roddenberry (Star Trek:The Next Generation)
"Entity" of such enormous intelligence and absolute genius...
Nothing that can be imagined with this mind;
androgenous and shapeshifting almost constantly...
appearing as whatever we imagine "Him" to be for our comfort; a Divine Mother, Kali, the Goddess, a bearded Son, a Blue Boy with a flute, a Native American Great Spirit, a feeling...enjoying when "He" is recognized...Himself looking into a mirror... seeing Himself...(or Itself)

Brilliant, self-effulgent Pure Light. Yet, Spirit.

Spirit meaning invisible on this plane, the 3rd Dimension, but able to
be felt and sensed, by Humans, with our 6th sense, by our spirit.

God to me then manifested Himself in all things as a branch reaches to the Sun and stretches and turns into leaves to capture even more - while burrowing deeper and deeper down to draw up the damp, dark that is the opposite of the light.

Therefore, God is to me the invisible and turned inside out -the visible.

Just as the outside of a glass is a different surface than the inside of the same glass. Yet, it is one glass.
The inside of the glass is also the glass. The surface is one and the same - inside or outside of the same glass.

One surface holds water, while the continued surface interfaces with the air around it, "outside" of it beyond it's borders ----yet, the air it is touching is a different form, less dense, of the same substance.
The glass and the air are the same, different densities.
The water, the same, the hand holding it, the same.
All made of the same thing - sustained by the One.

The Divine Shapeshifter within and all about is All That Is.

The Alpha and the Omega...All That Is.

Thus, the love and kindness for all nature, inanimate things, the air, our fellow humans is God loving and respecting Himself.
Agony and ecstacy - all the same to the One.

Maiya 13-10-2011 01:22 PM

God to me is everything; me, all of us, the planet and the Universe. I’m not a religious person. And whether you believe in God or not makes no difference - God is everything.

God is not responsible for the things that go wrong in our life, we are. We must take full responsibility for our own words and actions - and for our own life.

When we do, we will know God.

Honza 13-10-2011 03:39 PM

In a way though, however big or great anyone of us concieves God to be, if you put the God together that we ALL concieve to be IT will be greater.....