Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Buddhism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   People free of suffering (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148004)

Vajradhara 05-01-2024 06:54 PM

People free of suffering

By this post may all people be free of suffering.

sky 05-01-2024 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vajradhara
By this post may all people be free of suffering.

That's a compassionate wish, thank you :smile:

Unseeking Seeker 06-01-2024 03:49 AM

Hello Vajradhara, welcome to Spiritual Forums. You’ve raised a great question, actually, given that Buddhism addresses human suffering in depth, beginning with the four noble truths.

I’ve not studied Buddhism, so I’m not qualified to comment on the scriptures but looking at the journey of life practically, what I’ve seen is that ignorance is the cause of suffering. Ignorance meaning, we do not know who in truth we are.

As long as we are under the impression that we are only this body-mind, it is obvious that we will endeavour to enhance its well-being. To this end, begins endless pursuit of pleasures, mirrored by fear, both rooted in attachment.

On the other hand, if we choose to befriend silence, in thought rested stillness we recognise in direct experience that we are the light of Self in a singularity which ensouls this organic form to experience duality. This direct recognition leaves no room for debate or doubt. We know because we are It, That, albeit veiled by temporary ego or identity, clouded by thought forms.

Life as impulsed continues but we are nonchalant to outcomes and free from ephemeral desires. The residual desire, if we can call it a desire, is a burning yearning to embody the awareness of Self within our waking state, breath by breath.

Christians speak of sin. What is sin but misalignment from love, stemming from ignorance? Take Hinduism, with a thousand gods worshipped by an entity (us) that feels separate from the god worshipped. Ignorance.

Remove ignorance and suffering too disappears, that’s my view, based on my life experience.

Redchic12 06-01-2024 08:07 AM

UnseekingS………”Christians speak of sin. What is sin but misalignment from love, stemming from ignorance? Take Hinduism, with a thousand gods worshipped by an entity (us) that feels separate from the god worshipped. Ignorance.

Remove ignorance and suffering too disappears, that’s my view, based on my life experience.”

Ahh yes I totally agree with those comments. Well said! Imo

Vajradhara 06-01-2024 07:19 PM

Compassion

My understanding of compassion is to know we all want to avoid suffering and want to feel good. That we are all the same. To not hate others no matter what. To love everyone. If the world would follow this the world would be a better place.

Thank you for your response.

Vajradhara 06-01-2024 07:21 PM

Have a great day Sky

Thank you sky. Hope you have a great day!

Vajradhara 06-01-2024 07:28 PM

Silence of mind

Hello unseeking seeker. What are the four noble truths? I am interested to know this. I also like silence of mind.
Free of the turbulent ocean of life. Like a lake without any ripples.

Vajradhara 06-01-2024 07:33 PM

Love

Hello Redchic12. I agree that love conquers all ignorance.

sky 06-01-2024 09:16 PM

Quote:

My understanding of compassion is to know we all want to avoid suffering and want to feel good. That we are all the same.

Thank you for your response.

A deep awareness of the pain/suffering of others and a wish to relieve it....

sky 06-01-2024 09:17 PM

Quote:

Thank you sky. Hope you have a great day!

And you too :smile: