Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What exactly is CLEAR SEEING (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=145907)

saurab 31-01-2023 09:00 AM

What exactly is CLEAR SEEING

WE have heard the words clear seeing before. Many gurus have used these words to mean seeing something truthfully. But what does that mean because the way it is used it is most mechanical (a feel good word).

Let me illustrate what I mean by clear seeing by taking an example. My grandfather used to go to the horse races, and my mother, presumably in order to protect me when I was young, used to criticize my grandfather calling him a gambler. Later on, I came to realize the truth that he did not go to the horse races to gamble but to socialize because he had few friends. Socializing was the inner meaning of that activity for my grandfather. So, clear seeing involves the understanding of the inner meaning of what you or someone else is doing. This also leads to empathy. Without understanding the inner meaning you approximate the universal meaning on to a person and miss the real significance.

Redchic12 31-01-2023 10:08 AM

Re Saurab

Thank you for that lovely story. So profound. So true.

Native spirit 31-01-2023 01:40 PM

In a spiritual setting it is called Clairvoyance (clear seeing)
other than that I agree with Redchic

Namaste

Miss Hepburn 31-01-2023 02:50 PM

I haven't heard that phrase much. But, it doesn't seem like a 'feel good' phrase, necessarily, to me....since seeing
something clearly could have an unpleasant result. No?
It seems like a wise phrase, tho. :)
I wish it was habitual; with practice it could be.
But that wouldn't mean mechanical to me, anyway.
Sorry - I just have a diff take.

eezi-ulgen 31-01-2023 03:19 PM

I have many filters that I can see through which color my perspective.:cool:
My mind has formed these through my Life's experiences.
Some positive some negative and usually built symbiotically with my ego.

Now if "I" clear these filters by whatever practices I have practiced, what is left???
I would contend that "I" am Unconditional Love that is connected with my Source and my Guides..
So from this perspective I can have "clear seeing".
Just another limited perspective of what I see "clear seeing" to mean.:icon_sunny:

Redchic12 31-01-2023 04:30 PM

No I must say I haven’t heard that phrase either.

After reading the story I would have framed it as “seeing the big picture” which I tend to do a lot in my life now but didn’t of course when I was younger.

Starman 31-01-2023 06:56 PM

In 2021 I moved from Northern California, U.S. to Southern New Mexico, U.S. While planning my trip a vision came to me. I could see my entire trip, the road to New Mexico was wide open and clear, and I had a strong feeling that this was a move that I was suppose to make.

The experience felt intuitive but there was incredible visual clarity. Like a clairvoyant experience that had a definite impact on me. I don’t know how I trigger these experiences, as they have happened more then once. They just come on especially when I am contemplating something.

A clarity in sight that is not in my mind, like I am viewing something that is right in front of me. I view all of these experiences as scenery on the way to something greater. I don’t get attached to them, although they are extremely pleasant.

On our way back to the source we may encounter all sorts of features which we might think of as abilities we have acquired but I see them as indications of what might come in fuller measure on the path of spiritual development. I do not anticipate or expect to receive so-call psychic abilities, often they just come to me on their own and then they go dormant. Our deeper being has all sorts of fantastic abilities.

boyce 31-01-2023 08:17 PM

There may be any number of interpretations of the phrase "clear seeing" but there won't be any single 'exact' one. Context will influence or determine what it means to any particular individual, group or organization.

utopiandreamchild 31-01-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurab
WE have heard the words clear seeing before. Many gurus have used these words to mean seeing something truthfully. But what does that mean because the way it is used it is most mechanical (a feel good word)..

Never heard of it before but seeing the truth of something would be beneficial.

utopiandreamchild

Native spirit 31-01-2023 09:33 PM

Starman you are not alone I to have visions like that.

Namaste