Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

ajay00 03-02-2020 07:36 AM

“There is One unchanging indivisible Reality which, though unmanifest, reveals Itself in infinite multiplicity and diversity.” ~ Anandamayi Ma

It is through the multiplicity of name and form that one can arrive at the One. It is from this One that this Infinite Variety has manifested. In the end all return to that effulgent One.~ Shivayogini Matha (1923-1981)

A human Being 20-02-2020 01:00 PM

'I am not masking things for people. I'm helping them rip open scabs, clean out poisons, and find the bullets stuck inside. Until you get yourself--your ego--on board with this, there isn't going to be any permanent healing. And you'll keep seeking external feelings like bliss and whatever else you can find to make you feel good and to hide the fact that you feel so bad.' - Jim Tolles

Aethera 28-02-2020 02:46 AM

"The happiness of one's own heart alone cannot satisfy the soul; one must try to include, as necessary to one's own happiness, the happiness of others."-Paramahansa Yogananda

ant 28-02-2020 05:29 AM

"One of the most tragic things i know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living.

We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon,instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today"~Dale Carnegie.

Miss Hepburn 02-03-2020 12:33 PM

Whatever it is that you fear, take your mind away from it and leave it to God.
Have faith in Him…Every night, before you sleep, affirm:
'The Heavenly Father is with me; I am protected.'

Paramahansa Yogananda

There are some amazing quotes here! Thank you all. xo

Unseeking Seeker 02-03-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Whatever it is that you fear, take your mind away from it and leave it to God.
Have faith in Him…Every night, before you sleep, affirm:
'The Heavenly Father is with me; I am protected.'

Paramahansa Yogananda

There are some amazing quotes here! Thank you all. xo

Now, this being a quote of Yogananda, what can we say? Don’t know the context in which he may have made this statement.

What has worked for me has been to look directly at the fear ... getting to the root in as much as able. The root is always in attachment and the fear exists owing to our conditioning. Of course I’m not considering common sense useful fears, which if we didn’t have, would harm us.

God always helps ... yes. Surrender is great but as they say, even God helps only those who help themselves. Or at least try.

Miss Hepburn 02-03-2020 06:08 PM

I swear to God I didn't look this quote up: Lol :tongue: --but here it is..
I just love all the New Thought authors. His underlining, too! "From The Golden Key".

Emmet Fox:
"Stop thinking about the difficulty, whatever it is, and think about God instead.
This is the complete rule, and if only you will do this, the trouble, whatever it is, will disappear.
It makes no difference what kind of trouble it is. It may be a big thing or a little thing..."

JustASimpleGuy 02-03-2020 08:08 PM

I just can't resist any longer.

"Don't do anything stupid." ~ Captain Jack Sparrow.

:biggrin:

Unseeking Seeker 03-03-2020 02:47 AM

“That aspirant who can rise and also descend simultaneously he is considered to be complete and full.”

Swami Lakshmanjoo

Unseeking Seeker 03-03-2020 03:02 AM

“Time only appears, time does not exist.”

Swami Lakshmanjoo