Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Judaism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Where To Visit In Israel? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137926)

Lovelytony22 15-11-2020 03:14 AM

Where To Visit In Israel?

Can anyone suggest one or two must-visit locations in Israel for me?. I understand the land is full of historical places recorded in the Bible.

BigJohn 15-11-2020 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovelytony22
Can anyone suggest one or two must-visit locations in Israel for me?. I understand the land is full of historical places recorded in the Bible.

I love history so one place I would go is Masada. The ride to the top by cable car is amazing. You can also take the ramp.

Altair 16-11-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

I recommend the Church in Jerusalem and the Sea of Galilee..

You may also wish to visit coastal Ceasaria. I liked it there.

Altair 16-11-2020 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I love history so one place I would go is Masada. The ride to the top by cable car is amazing. You can also take the ramp.

Yes, this is an interesting site. It can also be combined with a 'swim' in the Dead Sea, which is close-by....

RabbiO 16-11-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Only one or two?

Lovelytony22 19-11-2020 01:28 AM

I understand there are compelling places to visit. So that would be more than one. I can see some suggested places here already. Thank you all.

Busby 22-11-2020 02:34 PM

The great wall of love maybe - you know the one separating Palestine from Israel.

sky 02-12-2020 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busby
The great wall of love maybe - you know the one separating Palestine from Israel.

I've heard the Wall being called various names but never ' Love ', good one Busby :biggrin:

Altair 02-12-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busby

Yes, it's an interesting place because it can offer some insights into what helps create safety and protection from terrorists. At least Israel takes things seriously.

So we now have...

Masada
Church of Jerusalem
Sea of Galilee
Ceasaria
Dead Sea
The Wall

I would like to add the Jordan river to the list. Another relevant Biblical 'place'..

Busby 03-12-2020 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair
Yes, it's an interesting place because it can offer some insights into what helps create safety and protection from terrorists. At least Israel takes things seriously.

So we now have...

Masada
Church of Jerusalem
Sea of Galilee
Ceasaria
Dead Sea
The Wall

I would like to add the Jordan river to the list. Another relevant Biblical 'place'..

I was of course thinking about loving one's enemies. Israel isn't taking that seriously.