Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Maybe there is just something wrong with God. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142239)

Honza 09-12-2021 02:43 AM

Maybe there is just something wrong with God.

People who talk about God usually never mention that there might be something wrong with Him/Her. God is always assumed to be perfect. I am starting to feel more strongly that God just isn't perfect. That is the real reason why there is so much wrong in the world. It all comes from God.

pixiedust 09-12-2021 08:47 AM

Take responsibility.

sky 09-12-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
It all comes from God.

No Honza, it all comes from each individual, as Pixie wisely said, take responsibility...... we all should.

bobjob 09-12-2021 04:29 PM

What folk call 'God' isn't - as we all know - an individual. If we stop thinking of and referring to it as a 'he' or a 'she' then perhaps we can get away from a notion of there being something wrong with it.

Blaming an individual is something we do in this world for what we see as "being wrong" and blaming an entity God for the things we humankind do wrong is illogical. WE are to blame for what we do wrong - not God.

Miss Hepburn 09-12-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
Blaming an individual is something we do in this world for what we see as "being wrong" and blaming
an entity God for the things we humankind do wrong is illogical.
WE are to blame for what we do wrong - not God.

I have said this a similar way often, myself.

jaminhealth 09-12-2021 09:00 PM

Very sad the god fearing Josh Duggar didn't take responsibility. Now his wife and 7 children will visit their father in prison. I watched the show years ago and the Josh issue has been in the news.

bobjob 09-12-2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaminhealth
Very sad the god fearing Josh Duggar didn't take responsibility. Now his wife and 7 children will visit their father in prison. I watched the show years ago and the Josh issue has been in the news.

I don't know Josh Duggar but my religion teaches personal responsibility. As with any teaching from any teacher, though, the final decision/responsibility is that of the individual. That responsibility extends to those it would be expected he would/should love and care for.

Honza 10-12-2021 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixiedust
Take responsibility.

How does taking responsibility solve the problem? I am a very serious person, I take responsibility very seriously. Yet it has done nothing to solve the wrongness in my life or in reality in general.

bobjob 10-12-2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

How does taking responsibility solve the problem? I am a very serious person, I take responsibility very seriously. Yet it has done nothing to solve the wrongness in my life or in reality in general.

So you blame God for what's wrong in your life?

Busby 10-12-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

People who talk about God usually never mention that there might be something wrong with Him/Her. God is always assumed to be perfect. I am starting to feel more strongly that God just isn't perfect.

Saying 'it all comes from God' is like saying 'His will be done' - something most people don't like, especially those walking around at the moment with Covid.