Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritualism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   NSAC Spiritualists (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=144648)

Spiritwisdom 18-08-2022 04:59 AM

NSAC Spiritualists

Hi,

I would love to know a bit about what NSAC teaches ( thinking of joining).

Firstly, I’d like to know….

I have read a book written by a NSAC minister who believes your spirit guides are aspects of yourself. I was wondering if this was a commonly held belief within NSAC? It’s an idea that I rejected in the past but recently converted to and then discovered her book.

Having lived in the UK and Australia, my Spiritualism is UK flavoured.

boyce 18-08-2022 01:30 PM

Silver Birch's words are often found in Spiritualism's teachings. He said that those hearing them should reject whatever does not appeal to their reason.

Based on what you've written the minister's ideas appear to be her personal beliefs. Do those views appeal enough for you to adopt her approach?

Native spirit 18-08-2022 02:02 PM

I would say go with what sits with you don't read others opinions because most will vary

Namaste

Michael K. 26-08-2022 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
I would say go with what sits with you don't read others opinions because most will vary

Namaste

I totally agree with you Native spirit, only accept what rings true within your heart ,I have been a spiritualist for 48 years

regards michael..

A.B.Hope 22-02-2023 10:08 PM

As in life everywhere you go there are frauds and truths in Spiritualism is no different there are those in it for themselves, those that believe they are intune with spirit and there are those that are true. as above follow your heart trust your heart and don't be deceived. I have been around Spiritualism for over 60 years. Good luck and many blessings my friend.

boyce 23-02-2023 08:04 AM

It's nice to meet a fellow Spiritualist and someone with even more years as one than I. :smile:

Redchic12 23-02-2023 10:04 AM

Re spiritualism

Ah yes Silver Birch. Absolutely beautiful writings.

I would agree with all the advice given above. No one person has all the answers and don’t buy in to anything just because they it is so. Question EVERYTHING!

I attended a Spiritual Church many years ago and really enjoyed their circle. I hope you enjoy it too.

boyce 23-02-2023 10:40 AM

The member who opened the thread appears to have left this website.

BigJohn 25-07-2023 03:02 AM

NSAC headquarters can be found in Lilly Dale, NY (south-west of Buffalo NY).

Years ago I talked to the President of the organization. The main point she emphasized is that the organization does not believe in reincarnation. She made it clear that if a person is speaking from the podium and starts speaking about reincarnation, they are asked to leave.

I have attended their Church services. For the most part, you really can't tell them apart from other Spiritualist organizations.