Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Interfaith (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Quotes from "Holy Books or Scripture" you personally don't like! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129089)

Taking a Break 22-04-2019 01:39 PM

Sad about:
Leviticus 25:43
Do not rule over them ruthlessly, but fear your God.

but happy about:
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

Untersberg56 22-04-2019 04:24 PM

Yes, but these attacks were clearly aimed against Christians, not by Buddhists or Hindus, but by the World Enemy, which was why Christian congregations and European tourists were the target.

Again, what is the point your mind is trying to make? Was your mind sad upon hearing the news about this atrocity, or happy?

Untersberg56 22-04-2019 04:29 PM

Whereas "Edit" facility offers edit/delete, there is no obvious way to delete.

Taking a Break 22-04-2019 07:17 PM

I'm sorry, I don't have any conspiracy theories, just lots of sadness when people die tragically, maybe you should tell me what you would like to hear.

Untersberg56 23-04-2019 02:05 AM

The Sri Lankan authorities have arrested 24 people from the minority Muslim community in connection with the multiple blasts that killed over 290 people on Sunday last. Police have admitted that the suspects are all from the minority Muslim community. The van carrying explosives to make the bomb attacks was driven by a Muslim who has been arrested. A safe house where the bombers had lived for nearly three months before the attacks has been discovered in the suburb of Panadwa south of Colombo.

I think we are already well beyond the realms of conspiracy theory. What one would like to know, since you invite the question and this is the Interfaith forum, is where you stand as regards religious beliefs and what was your real motive in drawing attention in that peculiar manner to the massacre.

Wally 23-04-2019 02:29 AM

Do unto other before they do unto you.

JosephineB 23-04-2019 06:48 AM

Quote:

Do unto other before they do unto you.

KJV
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:12

The Golden Rule is the principle of treating others as one's self would wish to be treated. It is a maxim that is found in many religions and cultures. The Golden Rule can be considered an ethic of reciprocity in some religions, although other religions treat it differently.

Wally 23-04-2019 08:47 AM

An I for an I

Wally 23-04-2019 08:47 AM

Blessed are the cheesemakers

Wally 23-04-2019 08:49 AM

It is easier for a camel to pass through an eye of a needle than for Wally to enter Heaven