Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   What are some reasons some do not think Jesus died for our sins, exactly? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140392)

Miss Hepburn 07-06-2021 05:43 PM

What are some reasons some do not think Jesus died for our sins, exactly?

This is to take some talk away from other threads that bother some people.
It seems some want to express their past beliefs that have now changed.

I remember the FIRST TIME I ever heard from a very clear, calm, spiritual person that Jesus did not die for our sins....What? Huh?:eek:
Feb 2010.
Then I asked questions in wonder at this statement.
Nothing he said diminished Jesus in any way...in fact, it shined a light on the Father and Jesus MORE...as in,
what they were and were not up to. Lol.
And how brilliant and loving they actually WERE!

(I mean, c'mon - you must wonder why on earth a God, Father, loving Spiritual Being, creator of Universes, billions of stars
in uncountable galaxies would actually WANT Jesus to die this way, right?
You can not believe our Heavenly Father would WANT this, ENJOYED this or NEEDED this.)

So what could be another explanation? An explanation that represents the actual loving,
sacred Heart and Mind of God, the Father?
AND also, makes Jesus' actions even MORE profound ? More amazing?

Altair 07-06-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
(I mean, c'mon - you must wonder why on earth a God, Father, loving Spiritual Being, creator of Universes, billions of stars
in uncountable galaxies

Truth be told, you can use this against any spiritual belief or teaching.

What are some reasons to not believe Jesus died for our sins? Well, simple put, not everyone believes in sin, and not everyone believes in God.

BigJohn 07-06-2021 06:03 PM

"What are some reasons some do not think Jesus died for our sins, exactly?"

If we claim Jesus did not die for our sins, it opens the door to question other beliefs.

The question also raises the question "Did Jesus even exist"? An area many do want to transverse.

As for Jesus: at times, he resonates as a Thought Form, actually many different Thought Forms. But can that not be said of the other religions' founders?

Some people do not believe in God(s)/god(s) nor anything associated with a God(s)/god(s).

and some people will say "It is White" right after you said "It is Black". LOL!

Molearner 07-06-2021 06:14 PM

Two ways of looking at this….I am more ready to believe that Jesus lived for our sins. That is what made us attractive and His response was to bring help and hope in our time of need. His ultimate gift was to release the Spirit which was a means in one way to our self suffiencey. Perhaps the death was only necessary for us to utilize the Spirit…..otherwise we would have been satisfied with his continued physical presence.

Miss Hepburn 07-06-2021 07:05 PM

Oh, just to say, he certainly came to free us!!! In my way of thinking.
(Note: Stating opinion as fact is tricky here.)

Lets see - and hear from those that actually did once believe one thing and now
have changed to believe Jesus did not actually come to die for sins, exactly.
Let them explain their reasons. I mean y'all can keep speculating, sure. :)
And we are talking to people who believe in God.

sky 07-06-2021 07:41 PM

I personally believe Jesus was tortured because He threatened a corrupt political system and had nothing to do with ' Our Sins '.
He would have been of more value to Mankind alive to show us the way what would be the point of His premature death...

Molearner 07-06-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
I personally believe Jesus was tortured because He threatened a corrupt political system and had nothing to do with ' Our Sins '.
He would have been of more value to Mankind alive to show us the way what would be the point of His premature death...

Sky123,

Any conjecture as to how many more years would have been beneficial ? And I already offered reasoning for premature death…….:)

AbodhiSky 07-06-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
The question also raises the question "Did Jesus even exist"? An area many do want to transverse.

well one does not have to go that far. many believe he existed but that he was just a normal person who was no different than any of us.

sky 07-06-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky123,

Any conjecture as to how many more years would have been beneficial ? And I already offered reasoning for premature death…….:)

Yes I did read your Personal ideas :smile:

AbodhiSky 07-06-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123

many people who have devoted their lives to teaching and being about love have been killed prematurely and did not die of natural causes. being good does not protect one from those who are not good.