Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Healing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   R.A.O.K (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137930)

Heightend-Awareness 15-11-2020 04:11 AM

R.A.O.K

Random Acts of Kindness. How important is to you and have you ever received or carried out any R.A.O.K?
For me, it is very important. What goes around, comes around. It also shows that the kindness shown by strangers is not dying.

I took a polaroid style camera to East Timor with me in 2001 and took family happy snaps for remote villagers. (The astonished looks on their faces was priceless).

Helped elderly folk get across the street.
Giving up my seat for them and women (sorry for all the feminists, my upbringing of chivalry and being a gentleman.)

Standing up for those who found it difficult in doing so for themselves.

You're probably wondering why this in the healing section. Simple, it's about putting the love and faith back out there for humanity to heal as little as it may be. But in the end evyone will benefit from it and the world can become a better place from these simple acts of random kindness.

BigJohn 15-11-2020 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
Random Acts of Kindness. How important is to you and have you ever received or carried out any R.A.O.K?
For me, it is very important. What goes around, comes around. It also shows that the kindness shown by strangers is not dying.

I took a polaroid style camera to East Timor with me in 2001 and took family happy snaps for remote villagers. (The astonished looks on their faces was priceless).

Helped elderly folk get across the street.
Giving up my seat for them and women (sorry for all the feminists, my upbringing of chivalry and being a gentleman.)

Standing up for those who found it difficult in doing so for themselves.

You're probably wondering why this in the healing section. Simple, it's about putting the love and faith back out there for humanity to heal as little as it may be. But in the end evyone will benefit from it and the world can become a better place from these simple acts of random kindness.

To me, Random Acts of Kindness should be something that is first on our minds, as much of society is riddled with anxieties, fears, etc. due to the 'Pandemic'.

What I have noticed is that most of the elderly, seem to be sponges, when kindness is displayed toward them.

Elfin 17-11-2020 08:55 AM

A valued customer of mine, am elderly gent, and the last of 4 brothers, came in the shop and showed me a smallish treasured photo of all 4 brothers as young men. The only one he had. Battered , bits missing, but the 4 subjects still intact.... I hardly had time to look when a few customers came in at once, so he told me to keep hold of it and he would collect it the following week when he paid his papers.... I immediately contacted a local photographer to see "what we could do"... He went off and digitally "restored" a copy of the photo , and enlarged it to about 8x10 inch... Free of charge. I went out and bought a lovely frame to house it.... The following week, I gave the privy photo back to its owner and let him get almost out of the shop then called him back, and presented the new framed photo , gift wrapped. He was so overcome with emotion. It made his day that people could be so kind. He's 90 now... And I believe still has the photo, pride of place on his sideboard. I love doing things like that to surprise people.... It does not take much to make someone's day.... Sometimes it's as simple as a friendly "smile".....

Elfin 17-11-2020 03:43 PM

I was in receipt today, of a bunch of flowers , delivered to my door, because I have been / still am/ always will be/ !!!! ....Poorly..... It really made my day and cheered me up.... Because at that moment in time, someone was Thinking about me, enough to bother and trouble themselves, when in real terms, we are ALL living in such strange times....

Native spirit 17-11-2020 04:05 PM

I had two bunches yesterday from my daughter because i have not been to good myself.
as for Random Acts of kindness just before lockdown the first one,
i had a doctors appointment caught the bus out side my house i was walking with crutches. and i had to stand not one person would let me have a seat.
the majority were school kids 13 to 14 year olds.
they were not bothered that an elderly woman got on and wouldnt move for her either.
until the bus driver told two of them to move.

Yet i taught my kids to respect the elderly and those who couldnt stand

Namaste

Elfin 17-11-2020 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
I had two bunches yesterday from my daughter because i have not been to good myself.
as for Random Acts of kindness just before lockdown the first one,
i had a doctors appointment caught the bus out side my house i was walking with crutches. and i had to stand not one person would let me have a seat.
the majority were school kids 13 to 14 year olds.
they were not bothered that an elderly woman got on and wouldnt move for her either.
until the bus driver told two of them to move.

Yet i taught my kids to respect the elderly and those who couldnt stand

Namaste

Awww you deserve the flowers Native.... I would say the ignorant youths deserved a slap round the ear...but I fear it's their parents who deserve the slap.... For not teaching their offspring manners .... I drummed it into mine... And they grew up having respect for their elders and peers alike. They have always been polite and courteous .... Of you had got on their bus, not only would they have given you their seat.. they would have held your crutches for you, made sure no-one knocked into you, and then helped you off the bus at your stop. And if they HADNT have done, I'd have knocked them into the middle of next week.... But I'm sending you another virtual bunch of flowers ... because you are my "flower deserver of the week ".... And many would agree. I'm sorry I cannot do the right thing and send you an "image"... But I don't know how !!!

Native spirit 17-11-2020 05:47 PM

Lol thanks for that another one that gets me is when they say keep the front seats for women or men with prams,
if they are young babies i can understand it.
but when they take the baby out of the pram or toddler and let them climb all over the seat,that is another issue,
Some people today go around thinking the world owes them a living and respect they do not know the meaning of.

Namaste

BigJohn 17-11-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
A valued customer of mine, am elderly gent, and the last of 4 brothers, came in the shop and showed me a smallish treasured photo of all 4 brothers as young men. The only one he had. Battered , bits missing, but the 4 subjects still intact.... I hardly had time to look when a few customers came in at once, so he told me to keep hold of it and he would collect it the following week when he paid his papers.... I immediately contacted a local photographer to see "what we could do"... He went off and digitally "restored" a copy of the photo , and enlarged it to about 8x10 inch... Free of charge. I went out and bought a lovely frame to house it.... The following week, I gave the privy photo back to its owner and let him get almost out of the shop then called him back, and presented the new framed photo , gift wrapped. He was so overcome with emotion. It made his day that people could be so kind. He's 90 now... And I believe still has the photo, pride of place on his sideboard. I love doing things like that to surprise people.... It does not take much to make someone's day.... Sometimes it's as simple as a friendly "smile".....

It is things like this that people treasure....... I think he still thinks of that day when you were extremely kind to him.

BigJohn 17-11-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
I was in receipt today, of a bunch of flowers , delivered to my door, because I have been / still am/ always will be/ !!!! ....Poorly..... It really made my day and cheered me up.... Because at that moment in time, someone was Thinking about me, enough to bother and trouble themselves, when in real terms, we are ALL living in such strange times....

I am glad that gift charged your spirits......

Elfin 17-11-2020 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
Lol thanks for that another one that gets me is when they say keep the front seats for women or men with prams,
if they are young babies i can understand it.
but when they take the baby out of the pram or toddler and let them climb all over the seat,that is another issue,
Some people today go around thinking the world owes them a living and respect they do not know the meaning of.

Namaste

Ah well..... I never used to see that , as I always went upstairs to escape the "screaming" babies LOL.. my central nervous system couldn't cope.... Plus I liked to "people watch" out of the window and was better upstairs, on the long journey... Not that I've actually been on a bus since February...and if I did now, don't think I could get up the stairs without oxygen tank attached...but on a plus side, it would come in handy to knock all the "idiots " out of the way with .....they can do quite a bit of damage them oxygen bottles..... Oops ...sorry, off topic again... Now then, what were we on about ??? Oh yes, being kind... Well I reckon a swipe round bonce to those youths would be doing them a real kindness ... Knock some manners into them heehee...