Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Are you God??? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=102710)

Honza 23-06-2016 11:34 AM

Are you God???

Do you believe or accept that you are God? Or is it something that you are not sure about or feel is not true?

Some people do and some people don't! There is a poll attached.

Shrek 23-06-2016 12:48 PM

No I am not God

Rah nam 23-06-2016 02:12 PM

It depends of the definition of that term
If we say, god is all there is, there is nothing outside of what we call god, yes then I would say, I am god also.

Honza 23-06-2016 02:59 PM

People need to rely on their OWN definition of God.

sky 23-06-2016 03:42 PM

We are one with God.

http://www.esolibris.com/articles/re...sciousness.php

Some might find this link interesting :smile:

Sarian 23-06-2016 05:11 PM

Have no way of possibly knowing. But whatever there is in this universe and we are creators ourselves, then I would think that we are gods of our own creating. I do not believe there is a god that is watching over us like some heavenly father. But I think it's possible that we have higher selves that if we can get in tune with are capable of many wonderful things....as well as ****** things if that's what we dwell on.

Now honestly...I typed c-r-a-p-p-y and it got censored. Really? Is that such a terrible word? Little kids can say poopy and people laugh. I think the censoring is a bit overboard here.

Honza 23-06-2016 05:23 PM

Talk about censorship.....I typed Charles D-i-c-k-ens and *that* got censored. It made me laugh.

Honza 23-06-2016 05:23 PM

Like this: Charles ****ens.

Sarian 23-06-2016 05:24 PM

OMG! Yeah, that's pretty bad!

Rah nam 24-06-2016 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza

To me there is no need for a god within creation

Honza 24-06-2016 06:33 AM

However.....it has been shown today that I'm NOT God with the EU referendum doing its own thing despite my best intentions! :smile:

Serenity69 24-06-2016 09:51 AM

We Are A Drop In The Ocean
God Is The Ocean

Shivani Devi 25-06-2016 01:03 AM

I voted 'both God and Not God'.

This is going to be hard to explain...

My personae/ego/mind is separate from God, because I cause the separation so I can be with God and I do it intentionally out of unconditional love.

Even though I know my heart/soul is a 'spark of the Divine' and I am essentially Spirit myself, I like to externalise it before I can internalise it....but that's who I am and I like it that way.

It's like when two lovers are making love and are joined as one...they each exist in a separate state and also in a merged state. This is how it is with myself and God.

I usually keep 'God' at distance, because the 'merging' is everything to me, but it all gets rather anti-climactic after that point.

So, depending where the focus of my awareness is, I can be whatever I want to be...and saying "I AM God' is basically the same as saying "God doesn't exist" for me.

secretscribe 28-06-2016 01:20 PM

I am part of God.

Or, I am (part of) God.

Amilius777 28-06-2016 03:36 PM

No. But I share the same DNA as Mommy and Daddy

creedence 30-06-2016 01:16 PM

No Deffo not God.

Honza 30-06-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amilius777
No. But I share the same DNA as Mommy and Daddy

My understanding is that you are a New Age Christian and that your belief is that Christ came to tell us we are God. Am I mistaken?

Khalli 01-07-2016 01:58 AM

I am part of God and serve as a Messenger.

SilentLegend 12-07-2016 06:39 AM

I find it very hard to believe because I am so flawed, I don't see anything in me that is godly.
I struggle even to be human.

Dan_SF 23-07-2016 09:00 AM

There is one point missing, which is the most important point:

"I am of God"

Which means, God has created myself, and as God creates only what is like himself, i am not God but of God - same as himself.

I, in my case, is not this body.

Honza 24-07-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentLegend
I find it very hard to believe because I am so flawed, I don't see anything in me that is godly.
I struggle even to be human.

Yes I know the feeling.

Miss Hepburn 24-07-2016 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serenity69
We Are A Drop In The Ocean
God Is The Ocean

As a ray from the Sun is not the Sun itself....exactly. :smile:

AHIYAH 05-08-2016 01:36 AM

Quote:

Do you believe or accept that you are God? Or is it something that you are not sure about or feel is not true?

A couple of quotes from the bible might help to thicken the mud.lol
"God is a man of war" and "God is not a man that he should lie". I like to think this is a war of truth against lies. On the flip side of the latter one could say "God is a man that he should speak the Truth". The way I see it we(Earthlings) are gifted with the unexplained energy within us, some even call it "Divine Energy". This is the essence of God. I would say that to be a son or daughter of God is to obey that God as if it was your Mother or Father which to me if you obey one you're obeying the other if they are one. I am not a member of any established religion and here I was thinking that God is everywhere like what David says
Psalms 139:8(kjv)
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
Just a note to see if God is in this verse(lol) as in within this translation, the word Heaven in the Hebrew is always in the plural form as in Hashamayim and the Greek word Hell is translated from the Hebrew word for grave Sheol a hole in the ground used as a metaphor for the grave of confusion. I wondered why God created evil.
So the answer to the thread is Yes depending on the context and No depending on the context.

Jack of Spades 05-08-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

I think currently that I'm not God, but that God's spirit lives in me. We're two separate beings, but we co-exist together.

Stella91 05-08-2016 05:47 PM

If i use the word God, im not religious.. then what i mean is: God is love!
Love is the highest, most powerful energy!
I believe we all have some God (Love) inside us, but we are only human, and being pure love, i highy doubt is possible for any human..
But many ppl have lots n lots of love inside themselfes, i am trying my best to become more loving and less fearfull! :)

Amilius777 18-08-2016 04:51 AM

Honza

Nope. I am not.

I believe Jesus was the Christ, both God and Man united in one person.

He was long prophesied by many prophets and seers in history and even from other nations along with the Israelities.

I don't know where you or anyone gets the idea that I am a New Ager all the time. I am a Catholic but I don't identify with any denomination or specific church.

Sharing the same spiritual "DNA" with God which is spirit or divinity isn't the same as being God. I don't believe in that. I find it to be nonsense. I am not creating universes and sustaining them with my mere presence. I can hardly maintain a good work out at the gym to keep my body slim let alone create galaxies and planets.

Khalli 20-08-2016 11:31 AM

I know I'm not God.

I wouldn't have put a planet between lovers for 1.

He shouldn’t have told us to love humanity, unless He fully intended for us to take him up on it.

Kasai Keira 15-09-2016 07:59 PM

God is Love, and so am I, so... yes. :)

Burntfruit 15-09-2016 10:35 PM

It would be cool to have an incarnation as a deity. Maybe that is how spiritual development works, maybe that is the payoff and responsibility.

After all a 5th dimensional being would be godlike to us.

Trichakra 28-09-2016 05:00 AM

No I Am Not God.

William 辰 02-10-2016 03:20 PM

My soul is part of God; my soul is me; I am God.

IChill 05-10-2016 03:26 PM

WHO AM I? I AM HE
IN THE BEGINNING WAS ME
IN THE END YOU WILL SEE
IM ALL THAT THERE IS AND ALL THAT WILL BE
:book1:

Light the Human 06-10-2016 04:49 AM

No I am not God. I'm Jacob. :wink:

Jared.L 23-10-2016 03:31 PM

I am a part of God

ketzer 10-06-2019 01:43 AM

Quote:

Talk about censorship.....I typed Charles D-i-c-k-ens and *that* got censored. It made me laugh.

That is funny!

ketzer 10-06-2019 01:50 AM

Quote:

I find my own definition to be rather nebulous, flexible, and unreliable. Which is probably a good sign.

The Tao that can be thought is not the true Tao.

BigJohn 09-07-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

I once wanted a whole lot of money so I bought a Zimbabwe 100 trillion dollar bill.

As God, how do I go about spending my 150 trillion plus dollars?

Oh, I forgot, I also bought a 50 trillion dollar bill and some other bills of a lower denomination.

MentalOrSpirit 09-07-2019 03:57 PM

God is a state of consciousness.

Heaven and Hell is a frame of mind

ceidauilyc 09-07-2019 04:02 PM

I am and I am not.
It depends on the time because I feel like the Moon Goddess when I use a selenite wand.

Honza 10-07-2019 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
I once wanted a whole lot of money so I bought a Zimbabwe 100 trillion dollar bill.

As God, how do I go about spending my 150 trillion plus dollars?

Oh, I forgot, I also bought a 50 trillion dollar bill and some other bills of a lower denomination.

You have got me. What do you mean?