Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Interfaith (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Religion Confluence (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142761)

shoni7510 28-01-2022 02:31 PM

Religion Confluence

I believe the time has come for religion to merge on common grounds which I think are sufficient. Theosophy, New Age Spriticology is an attempt of religious Confluence. Spiriticology is a study of the Spiritual realm in its entirety. I wonder what your thoughts are.

BigJohn 28-01-2022 03:04 PM

Interesting view.

I believe the religions are merging......... with some 'fighting like crazy' to try to stop the inevitable.

Molearner 28-01-2022 10:37 PM

For what’s worth…..:)

The confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers results in muddy waters….

I remember an old song:

I washed my hands in muddy water
I washed my hands but they wouldn’t come clean
Tried to do what my daddy told me
But I must have washed my hands in a muddy stream

In other words one might not get the result they anticipated……:)

BigJohn 29-01-2022 01:32 AM

Is you assumption based upon the belief that all religions are muddy?

shoni7510 29-01-2022 04:34 PM

I know another Confluence called Mapungubwe meaning a place of Jackals. Three Rivers meet, Orange from South Africa, Shashe from Botswana and Limpopo from Zimbabwe. What VA beautiful Island they create. The intelligence of the place is Ancient Civilization.

Molearner 29-01-2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Is you assumption based upon the belief that all religions are muddy?

BigJohn,

More on the assumption that each religion views themselves as being clean, pure and right. Any mixing is likely to be seen as a concession of sorts often resulting in a loss of satisfaction. I speak from personal experience having experienced a merger of churches.

Altair 29-01-2022 06:59 PM

No, I am suspicious of any attempt to make one religion, one culture, one set of values. It always leads to centralization of authority. It means conformity, which inhibits self empowerment and creativity.

In religion, we've seen this with the impact monotheism has had. In agriculture and business, you have megafarms and multinationals. It's the same processes.

BigJohn 30-01-2022 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molearner
BigJohn,

More on the assumption that each religion views themselves as being clean, pure and right. Any mixing is likely to be seen as a concession of sorts often resulting in a loss of satisfaction. I speak from personal experience having experienced a merger of churches.

Is it true that some believe there was once only one religion?

Gem 30-01-2022 06:46 AM

It's a good idea, and religions already have things in common, but the problem is, the more religions become the same as each other, the more they lose their unique identities and thereby cease to be. Indeed the closer religions become to being the same, the deeper their respective identity crises become.

BigJohn 30-01-2022 08:09 AM

If you look at the various religions, how many have adopted such benign words such as Chakras, Auras, Reincarnation, etc. into their 'belief systems'?