Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Divination (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   How to connect with our higher self? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140726)

bigbrokevo 05-07-2021 03:25 PM

How to connect with our higher self?

Well, I'm not even sure if I should be on the right thread for this, but anyway, how do I get in touch with my higher self? Do I need to raise my vibrations first?

GlitterRose 05-07-2021 03:56 PM

You have to listen and follow what it's telling you, because it always knows best. That's the hard part. Not second-guessing or thinking you know better. That's the ego fighting to keep hold of the reins.

You can do the Middle Pillar meditation to help get things in balance.

Michael K. 09-12-2021 08:56 PM

connect to higher self.

Hi bigbrokevo. if i may be so bold as to venture an answer to your question of connecting to your higher self. The easiest way is to practice meditation daily I have been meditating for 47 years daily so I have vast experience on this subject, to contact your higher self you need firstly to still all your thoughts. and this takes time ,but if you do this daily it get easier, when all your thoughts are stilled then listen very intently to that still small voice within you, it will speak to you in the silence, once you have achieved this, you will soon here from your higher self, because that still small inner voice is your higher self, hope this helps you my friend.

regards michael.

Rah nam 10-12-2021 02:04 AM

Ask for it, and if the higher self sees you are ready it will bring it about.
This can be happening in different ways. For me, coming across a silver cord meditation. Which lead to a long road discovering who and what I am.
Remember, the higher self always connects through the top of your head.

Miss Hepburn 10-12-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael K.
The easiest way is to practice meditation daily...
you need firstly to still all your thoughts. ...

I agree.:smile:

pixiedust 13-12-2021 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rah nam
Ask for it, and if the higher self sees you are ready it will bring it about.
This can be happening in different ways. For me, coming across a silver cord meditation. Which lead to a long road discovering who and what I am.
Remember, the higher self always connects through the top of your head.

Are you saying it's separate?

I would have thought connectivity comes through being.

Rah nam 13-12-2021 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixiedust
Are you saying it's separate?

Yes and no.
We are never separate from anything in existence.
Yet, in order to feel separation and learn on that level, we had to create a system that would allow this.

pixiedust 13-12-2021 01:08 AM

Yes I hear you, Rah Nam.

I kind of want peace abut I find that when peace comes, I then run from it.

Anyway thank you for your answer.

I was surprised about connection comes through head. I find myself in my head a lot (thinking but then also sensing) so maybe that's what you mean - that the sensing path is up there.

Rah nam 13-12-2021 01:19 AM

Perhaps create a silver cord in the center of your body, about where the dan tien is, run it to the center of the earth, to anchor yourself, then run the cord up through your body and out of the top of your head. Pay attention of what you encounter. You can run this cord all the way to source, but on the way you most likely will encounter parts of your self, parts of your greater self including your higher self, depending on the structure of your greater self.

saurab 29-12-2021 10:44 AM

you can also pray to your Higher Self for some means of communicating with it. but if you are really serious, then before praying, try to do something nice. it could be anything like..... forgiving someone you have not forgiven, or maybe even purifying your mind through meditation or just by observing your thoughts. if your Higher Self sees that you are making a sincere effort to become a better person, then your prayer will be more powerful.

lostsoul13 30-12-2021 05:47 PM

There are numerous ways—- firstly your always in contact through a thread- like a golden cord.. just the principal of time and it’s continuum is in a vacuum… we are always touching base… reincarnations are also in the way—- but you can just go ahead and sent thoughts, vibrations and ect it should get there but decoding it might take a while/ I find even with the observer (just the self as far as we extend) take a while to decode it… just do it and your continuum will take care of the rest… I always send messages you slowly find you become your higher self through reincarnation… we were born perfect all knowing, ability’s and skills (martial arts ect but we fell from our higher self- through reincarnation… it’s a big deal… I hate it , we have to start again…

Brave-Soul 02-03-2022 04:00 AM

Mine was sudden and brief I don't remember how but that moment I KNEW Higher Self exist.

Sir Neil 02-04-2022 04:43 PM

You can do this in a very basic way by automatic writing. Get a pen and paper, make sure you’re feeling calm and relaxed, and then ask it a question and begin writing things down. Write down the first things which come into your mind. It may take a few moments before something does, but when it does the insights do start to flow. Don’t judge anything whilst you’re writing, just get it all written down. It may not make much sense at the time but when you read it back to yourself, it may well make more sense later on. I find that the effect this often has is that of a dialogue with a higher power which sounds like you’re listening to your own voice.

Miss Hepburn 02-04-2022 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Neil
...automatic writing. Write down the first things which come into your mind.

I second this! :smile:

Native spirit 02-04-2022 07:29 PM

Doing this regularly you will find that you get some messages

Namaste

utopiandreamchild 11-05-2022 05:08 AM

I don't need or want a higher self I'd rather use my own intuition and inner guidance. Love is all I'll ever need.
Arohanui utopia

Rah nam 11-05-2022 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
I don't need or want a higher self I'd rather use my own intuition and inner guidance. Love is all I'll ever need.
Arohanui utopia

You are the higher self

Izz 12-05-2022 06:31 AM

Your higher self is immaterial, the core essence of who you are

You can write a letter, even write a letter electronically (my higher self prefers that)

inavalan 12-05-2022 04:26 PM

Quote:

Arohanui utopia

That's what I believe too.

I don't know how to use love for that, but I get in a light trance and ask my subconscious to put me in touch with my inner-senses (intuition) and / or inner-guidance (inner-guide).

The way I see it, there is no "higher-self" distinct from this-awake-self. There is another state of consciousness my awareness can be focused in, which can be called inner-self.

As I am focused now toward this physical-reality, and pay conscious attention practically only to my physical-senses, my inner-self is the state in which I (my awareness) am focused toward the non-physical-reality, using my inner-senses (not limited by space, time, probabilities).

There are also guidance and knowledge available from more evolved entities, who monitor and help us when asked (why only then? because it is necessary to have a certain level of evolvement to ask pertinent questions). Their help is almost exclusively intended to help us grow as the non-physical entities which incarnated as us here in the physical-reality, and not in solving our physical situations, needs, desires.

======
Minor EDITS for clarification.

utopiandreamchild 14-05-2022 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbrokevo
Well, I'm not even sure if I should be on the right thread for this, but anyway, how do I get in touch with my higher self? Do I need to raise my vibrations first?

I think having a higher self may only serve to complicate thing's for an individual. If you hear an audible response from what you think is your higher self there's a 99.9% chance that your communicating with seperate entity possibly pretending to be your higher self.
I know this to be possible from personal experience tis all.

Caution.

utopia

inavalan 14-05-2022 04:34 AM

Quote:

I think having a higher self may only serve to complicate thing's for an individual. If you hear an audible response from what you think is your higher self there's a 99.9% chance that your communicating with seperate entity possibly pretending to be your higher self.
I know this to be possible from personal experience tis all.

Caution.

utopia

I know that people warn about such things, but I believe that it happens only if you're afraid of that happening. Your fears materialize the feared experience.

I don't know what others experience, but I never hear words. When I ask a question to my inner-guide, I receive an instant download of the complete answer into my mind. I put it in words. It is strikingly concise and meaningful. When I don't get an answer, I know that my question isn't answerable, and I reformulate or abandon it.

I always leave aside all my beliefs and expectations before asking anything, to minimize distortions.

utopiandreamchild 14-05-2022 04:51 AM

Quote:

QUOTE=inavalan
I always leave aside all my beliefs and expectations before asking anything, to minimize distortions.

I wouldn't disregard beliefs and expectations completely, they are deffos useful under certain circumstances for example, if I was to speak to God I would deffos expect God to respond and I would most deffos believe that God has that ability.

Luvsup
utopia

inavalan 14-05-2022 05:23 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't disregard beliefs and expectations completely, they are deffos useful under certain circumstances for example, if I was to speak to God I would deffos expect God to respond and I would most deffos believe that God has that ability.

Luvsup
utopia

I understand. In your example, you hold on your belief that there is an all-powerful being that has the attributes that we humans assume a God should have. You also expect that communication with God implies speech.

What I found out, by leaving aside my beliefs and expectations as much as I could, was that communication in the non-physical happens instantaneously, without words, telepathically.

I also found out that there are benevolent non-physical beings ready to help us if we ask, and that there is a lot that I can't comprehend, and that is okay, because even the more evolved beings don't know and comprehend everything, and that is okay for them too. Even if there were a God, it would be so much more than I can comprehend, that I can't understand, and that's okay.

Justin Passing 15-05-2022 02:45 AM

Although some people might differentiate between higher-self, intuition, and inner-self, as far as I know they're all the same thing. In fact, I'll use whichever word the person I'm talking to is most comfortable with. That doesn't mean they're the same thing, just that I don't know the difference (if there is one). I also think of it as "the part of me that knows" since "hearing" it typically means simply "knowing" something. As inavalan pointed out, the communication is instant and unwavering. You just know.

So I think you're already comfortable with it utopia, since you're comfortable with your intuition. This should have nothing to do with connecting to "external" entities like guides or spirits. Your higher-self is you, just as your intuition is, and is only separated from us by the limitations of our normal waking consciousness.

And I wouldn't say it's hidden from us by beliefs. That's not wrong, but I think it's less misleading to say it's hidden by wants, desires, and other emotional reactions and attachments. Those are what you need to "silence" in order to hear it. Meditation can be an excellent tool for that, but there are literally thousands of techniques. In fact, when I was young, it seemed to me that our "higher-self" would "speak" to us any way we wanted it to. Any system we set up would work. Tea leaves, pendulums, birds on a wire, numbers on a display, dreams - doesn't matter. They all work. And they all fail if we've neglected to silence our emotional reactions and attachments somehow.

Izz 15-05-2022 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izz
Your higher self is immaterial, the core essence of who you are

You can write a letter, even write a letter electronically (my higher self prefers that)

Also - trust, believe and just allow

zerojack 08-10-2022 07:12 PM

There are many ways to connect with our higher selves through divination. One way is to meditate and focus on our breath. As we breathe in and out, we can visualize our breath going all the way down to our belly button and then up to our crown chakra. This helps to center and ground us.

Once we are centered and grounded, we can begin to explore our higher selves through whatever means of divination we are drawn to. This might be through tarot cards, oracle cards, runes, scrying, or any other form of divination.

The key is to be open to whatever form of communication our higher selves wish to use with us.