Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Faiths of Indigenous Peoples (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Indigenous Spirit of All colors (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138142)

ImthatIm 03-12-2020 01:10 AM

Indigenous Spirit of All colors
 
I don't see any restrictions/guidelines on what can be talked about under
this forum subsection.

So I would like to discuss anything Indigenous and Spirit related.
Any peoples, Black, Red, Yellow, White indigenous ways.

I like the basics or core Spiritual principles of Indigenous
beliefs, I think they may be called Center. LOL

Here is how my basic Native Spiritual Life began.
I went to a Inipi (some call it a Sweat Lodge)
It is more appropriate to call it a Purification Lodge.
This Inipi we call our Mothers/GrandMothers Womb.(Earth).

Anyway I walked up to the fire where there were many cantaloupe
sized lava Rocks being heated Red hot.
The man worked the fire and I was amazed at the Fire and the Rocks.
After sitting in the Lodge and the man brought in the Red hot Rocks
I felt Primordial and this time I was in was gone and it could have been
any time on this Earth.
Something begged at my spirit and it longed and longed for something
like it never longed before.
I thought "WOW I wonder if one day I could carry in these
GrandFather Rocks with the Red hot Life in them?"

So after crawling out of GrandMothers Womb a clean fresh person I asked.
"You think one day I might carry those GrandFather Rocks into the Lodge?"
They said sure tomorrow.
In one day I achieved all my Spiritual goals.
I gave up my old life and jumped in the Medicine Mans van and started
down the Red Road of Life.
I have been carrying these Sacred Red hot Living relatives ever since
and my Life is always Blessed. They have taken me to many places and
I have sat with many Medicine peoples of all colors praying for goodness for everyone and
everything's Life.
As the basic saying goes.Mitakuye Oyasin.
Quote:

These two words mean “All My Relations” or “We are All Related”. To pray this prayer is to petition God on behalf of everyone and everything on Earth
.

Now for some cool music.
About braids maybe?
Where they at
SNRK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8htuJUaupE

A video about. 50 min.
The men of 5th world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Td8VUcKk0

ImthatIm 03-12-2020 02:14 AM

I like seeing the younger people caring indigenous
teaching and ways into new platforms
such as music, it has made my Spirit Soar
with hope, for a continuation of knowledge
and Spirit. Even if it is not a platform I would choose
myself.

New release from SNRK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb7k2TdmdaA

ImthatIm 03-12-2020 02:47 AM

I would have so enjoyed to have sat with Beau ****.
I am sure we have nearly crossed paths.
He looks like my Father in law.
Both these men have passed and gone into the Spirit World now.
His last name is so famous he receives four stars.LOL

Quote:

Beau **** was a Kwakwaka'wakw Northwest Coast artist and Chief
who lived and worked in Alert Bay, British Columbia, Canada.
He was a contemporary artist, activist and hereditary Chief from the Namgis First Nation.

I had traveled to the main island in BC and that is the reason I live
where I live today, in the southern part of the Coast Salish territories.
Masks are big medicine for Coast Salish people and I have seen and been
a part of watching them work.
I pray these things get carried on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_yQ8QjjHxY

sentient 03-12-2020 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I don't see any restrictions/guidelines on what can be talked about under
this forum subsection.

So I would like to discuss anything Indigenous and Spirit related.
Any peoples, Black, Red, Yellow, White indigenous ways.

Sounds goooood – freedom to move from one subject or theme to another.
Yet it all relates and ties in together.
Thanks for starting this thread.
I’m reading your story with interest even if I do not comment, but just listen
and watch.

*

From the black side of things …
Quote:

A video about. 50 min.
The men of 5th world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Td8VUcKk0
^ Now those Aboriginal people are from Northern Territory in Australia.
Before the arrival of the white man – Australia already was a multicultural and multilingual country.
And there are big cultural differences between Northern Territory and Queensland for example.

Queensland:

Uncle Ernie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijJxgw8Y9g8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSq-jSJbA6M

heh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgM_y3FdWp4

*

ImthatIm 03-12-2020 08:16 AM

Cool Sentient,
I so Loved this 7min. vid. with David


3 dances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrXA...gwnqClMJl_uaVM

What do you figure the warning was in the beginning of vid?

sentient 03-12-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Cool Sentient,
I so Loved this 7min. vid. with David


3 dances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrXA...gwnqClMJl_uaVM

What do you figure the warning was in the beginning of vid?

Some of the people in that video may have passed away.

You don’t really speak openly about nor show pictures or name people who have departed, unless you are close family.

*

sentient 03-12-2020 08:40 AM

Creating a bridge from hereabouts to thereabouts:

Killer Whale and Crocodile - Full Documentary
Quote:

“A First Nations carver from Canada travels into the jungles of Papua New Guinea and a New Guinea carver travels to urban Canada”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWZb9T7bpNY

*

ImthatIm 03-12-2020 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
Some of the people in that video may have passed away.

You don’t really speak openly about nor show pictures or name people who have departed, unless you are close family.

*


I will take this in the kindest manner. Thanks
That's a good rule. I live similarly but different.

sentient 03-12-2020 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I will take this in the kindest manner. Thanks
That's a good rule. I live similarly but different.

Well, I didn’t mean like you – you … but in general, that is the way of showing respect to Aboriginals.

In my own culture it is different.
It is like OMG ...
Lock the doors and hold your visitors in like hostages to show them the piles and piles of funeral pictures …

*

ImthatIm 03-12-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
Well, I didn’t mean like you – you … but in general, that is the way of showing respect to Aboriginals.

In my own culture it is different.
It is like OMG ...
Lock the doors and hold your visitors in like hostages to show them the piles and piles of funeral pictures …

*

That's why I said I'll take it in the kindest way. LOL
I wasn't sure.

My family was like, Party cause someone died and we're grieving.
Get the poker cards and whiskey and beers.
Invite all the friends and family to grieve with us.
Maybe shoot the guns later on in the night, wake every body up because we're grieving.
I grew up in alcoholism and gunfire.
Starts sounding like a country song.
My Father was a Harley riding Native, black hat cowboy, gunslinger. For sure.

Most traditional people here on Turtle Island (as it was known before the America's.)
that I have been around, say grieve in the funeral and speak their name show pics or vids.
Then no speaking the name or viewing pics. / vids. for a year.
This year is the time for the Spirit to travel.
Speaking their name or anything that induces tears or grieving could interrupt (Call back)
their journey Home.
At 1 year you do a memorial and giveaway and dinner.
Then you can speak the name or show pics. or vids.

Native spirit 03-12-2020 02:02 PM

It has been lovely to read these posts and Listen to the music



Namaste

ImthatIm 03-12-2020 04:04 PM

This song touched my heart this morning.
Sometimes you need help from others in Life
to feel a sense of security and wellness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du7WsfG-u78

sentient 03-12-2020 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
This song touched my heart this morning.
Sometimes you need help from others in Life
to feel a sense of security and wellness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du7WsfG-u78


Great!
Now you are talking about these school project songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44hinTX5Ico

Examples from the Far North Queensland tropics & New South Wales:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHmxUFwMh0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVk-DIdRcs

*

sentient 03-12-2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
It has been lovely to read thee posts and Listen to the music



Namaste

Just join in and let all this indige stuff pour out :biggrin:

It is in your heart and mind anyways :hug3:

*

sentient 03-12-2020 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
My family was like, Party cause someone died and we're grieving.
Get the poker cards and whiskey and beers.
Invite all the friends and family to grieve with us.
Maybe shoot the guns later on in the night, wake every body up because we're grieving.
I grew up in alcoholism and gunfire.
Starts sounding like a country song.
My Father was a Harley riding Native, black hat cowboy, gunslinger. For sure.


Similar to Irish wake – no?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Most traditional people here on Turtle Island (as it was known before the America's.)
that I have been around, say grieve in the funeral and speak their name show pics or vids.
Then no speaking the name or viewing pics. / vids. for a year.
This year is the time for the Spirit to travel.
Speaking their name or anything that induces tears or grieving could interrupt (Call back)
their journey Home.
At 1 year you do a memorial and giveaway and dinner.
Then you can speak the name or show pics. or vids.


Sounds like a good protocol to follow.

*

I’ll bring this video clip (also my sentiments) back from the other thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUQsKnNO5s

We in the East weren’t forcibly converted to Christianity – but accepted the Russian Orthodox Church, which meant the survival of indigenous languages and culture alongside with Christianity.

Later, when the Lutherans took over – a Saami Shaman in my family tree was condemned to death for using the drum - allegedly for dark purposes.

Lots of shamans (people felt allegiance to) at that time sang themselves to ‘the other side’ voluntarily – trying to save others from persecutions.

Perhaps closest example of our mixed with orthodox ways & spirit houses is found in Alaska:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xvoH67IAP0

https://www.thegypsythread.org/spirit-houses-eklutna/

*

ImthatIm 04-12-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
Great!
Now you are talking about these school project songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44hinTX5Ico

Examples from the Far North Queensland tropics & New South Wales:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHmxUFwMh0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVk-DIdRcs

*

Checked out your first vid.
Yes, this stuff is right up my alley, since we have worked
with kids, for 30 yrs. and encouraged the traditional ways.
That's why my heart sings to see them get their voices out.
I know my own traumas I never voiced, until years down the road.
I can attest that is no way to live. (without a voice.)

ImthatIm 04-12-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
Great!
Now you are talking about these school project songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44hinTX5Ico

Examples from the Far North Queensland tropics & New South Wales:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHmxUFwMh0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIVk-DIdRcs

*


2nd vid. Loved the way it ended by jumping into the traditional
and then the natural river/nature sound.
It reminds me how we sometimes just take kids or people to the river
and let natural forces do their natural healing.

3rd vid. I liked it's grittiness and message.

ImthatIm 04-12-2020 12:37 PM

My answers are in the quote box inside the quote box.
Just trying a new way to see if I like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
Similar to Irish wake – no?
Quote:

Could be there was whiskey. LOL




Sounds like a good protocol to follow.
Quote:

Yes, and I should have added that people seem pretty loose on it nowadays.

*

I’ll bring this video clip (also my sentiments) back from the other thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUQsKnNO5s
Quote:

I almost missed this link, that would have been unfortinate.Nice production but I needed them to zoom in on the nose ring to make sure ,but I imagine it was the right one. It still makes me laugh. I am familiar with similar stories and it seems so hard to deal with these things in a healthy manner.


We in the East weren’t forcibly converted to Christianity – but accepted the Russian Orthodox Church, which meant the survival of indigenous languages and culture alongside with Christianity.
Quote:

That was nice of them

Later, when the Lutherans took over – a Saami Shaman in my family tree was condemned to death for using the drum - allegedly for dark purposes.
Quote:

Sounds like an old trick (devil possessed)
People use name calling(savage, heathen etc.) to dehumanize and make their actions justified.



Lots of shamans (people felt allegiance to) at that time sang themselves to ‘the other side’ voluntarily – trying to save others from persecutions.

Perhaps closest example of our mixed with orthodox ways & spirit houses is found in Alaska:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xvoH67IAP0
Quote:

I'll bet your chuckling because of the bluegrass in the vid. I know I am. LOL where's my chuckle emoji ?


https://www.thegypsythread.org/spirit-houses-eklutna/

Quote:

This caught my eye in the Gypsy thread


*


I had just went through a different type of mini ceremony.
Times are changing.
It had to do with dreaming.
fog, Raven and sparrows. Humor and healing.
That was all fine but my Friends (Ojibwe and Cree) sat up with me all night
and partook through the computer and went through it with me.
It was kind of wild, trance states with little sleep. Nice.
I am fully convinced that didgeridoo music helped in this also.

ImthatIm 04-12-2020 04:20 PM

NW Coastal longhouse


Vulnerability
This has been coming up in my life lately and I understand why
and I understand it is a good thing, if in the end more Love can
be present.
This picture reminded me of a time the head of a Longhouse invited me to practice dance
the Raven dance on the main floor.
In me this brought up vulnerability. I walked forward and danced.
This is an indigenous way I have learned, including visitors and guests to participate
or be apart of to feel these big words Welcome and Connection and Worthiness.
Also to refuse would be disrespectful.
In my way of practicing Native rites and rituals, you could say
that there is a lot of vulnerability practices.

My learned stance is one of defense, I assume because of the trauma I was
raised in. So it is a very unnatural position for me to feel comfortable with
vulnerability.

Here is a talk titled vulnerability 20 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvmsMzlF7o

ImthatIm 04-12-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
It has been lovely to read thee posts and Listen to the music



Namaste


Please, share your stories and knowledge with us.
I am sure you have many things to tell.
Probably many things that should be told, so that they are shared.
Only with what your comfortable with though, no presure.

sentient 05-12-2020 12:30 AM

Quote:

ImthatIm:
I am familiar with similar stories and it seems so hard to deal with these things in a healthy manner
This is exactly it.
I’ve got that angry and bitter “button” in me - a little bit, so I do know within, how it can escalate.
& I was thinking about - just that – yesterday, and would you know, a very mentally disturbed young (mixed-blood) traveller from somewhere urban down South entered the scene.

WHOA!
Hadn’t seen that for yeeeeears!

You really need a spiritual Elder to deal with this – and once they have calmed down – to show them the alternative way of respect for everybody, and how that works.
How to ‘shine your spirit’ and build your “personal power” (in indigenous way) with this alternative …

*

Out of Nordics or Fennoscandia – I love the Icelanders and Norwegians the best. I cannot say one negative thing about them – we rally around and support each other, we stay ‘real’. This ‘one blood’ feel as there is no racial barrier, what I’ve experienced, although we make fun of each other:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_9qSa-g2DI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSacz4GHQjs

*

So. Apart from mainly indigenous flags & Australian – my flag is also for ever:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...diske-flag.jpg

*

ImthatIm 05-12-2020 03:14 AM

I do like good stand up.
I think that another responsibility I have in life is to make people laugh.

Yeah on the meeting the new travelers come to town.
It can be a anxious time until the new person gets figured
out. Find out someone's true intent.
I got stung by a wasp and it hit me twice, ear then under the eye
before I even new what was happening.
I was so happy because I new exactly what it wanted from me.
Pure honest true communication.

As far as joking and teasing each other, in Indian country
that's how you know your liked.

(Vid)
Probably the most realistic look at the type of sweat lodge
I am familiar with.
The building covering the lodge isn't necessary except up in the cold regions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72uKe6iNwZ8

This just started playing after another vid. and caught my interest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mkTQcrxaQA

ImthatIm 05-12-2020 03:31 AM

Probably one of the best rare looks inside a live Native American Church or tipi meeting.
At least that I've been to. There are different styles.
This one is a wedding so that is probably why they allow the recording.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xNlWIDYCTI

I figured I would show a different style.
This one is a birthday meeting again as to why they allowed the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-lJgqEAVHU

ImthatIm 05-12-2020 02:50 PM

This video shows the way I believe about
smudging with Sage, Sweet Grass and Cedar.

Sacred smoke by Not a Medicine man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9qhmwfB7Ew

sentient 06-12-2020 01:54 AM

Quote:

Quoting myself:
Perhaps closest example of our mixed with orthodox ways & spirit houses is found in Alaska:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xvoH67IAP0
Quote:

ImthatIm:
I'll bet your chuckling because of the bluegrass in the vid. I know I am. LOL where's my chuckle emoji ?
I only listened to the first song of the video, the second song is for Alaskans.

Now – I do not belong to any Church, but I had written in the Christian section about Orthodoxy.

Here is a summary:
Even though I was brought up as Lutheran, I failed to see/experience the spiritual aspect of that Church, (others no doubt can) - but I do have great respect for the old ways Russian Orthodox Church and this respect is still very strong in our collective conscious, in our collective memory.

Since our Church was and still is the Forest – the Orthodox ways blended in well.
The Face of God Film: The Orthodox Church on Climate Change:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...urch-on-climat

Sacred sites were not destroyed and the “Spirit Trees” were not cut down, instead Holy Icons were placed on them (& that tree is the "Guardian Spirit Tree” of the Bear):
https://anothercity.org/wp-content/u...-2-400x242.png

No priests high on pulpit delivering sermons of our evil ways - that we are all destined to hell, because of our nature beliefs …. Instead, there was this inclusion of just joining in the singing and chanting.
How should I say this, in the body of Christ (the Orthodox Church is) and by the Grace of Holy Spirit – there was no need to defend territorial belief system grounds …. boundaries.
In that embodiment of Christ, we ALL … Christians, Indigenous, Wilderness ….. found our belonging, our “unified home” ….. in One Love - in One Sacred Reality – in One Spirit.

Sergius of Valaam, a Greek monk not fearing wilderness nor its natives and Carelian Herman of Valaam – both founders of the Valaam Monastery on our ancient Sacred Site, (where we took offerings and at the time when Bears were still revered as Totemic ancestors. So we also came to understand the death and resurrection of Jesus through Bear Ceremony).

Orthodox missionaries entered Indigenous environments “as guests in another man’s house” and that was true.
These monks were proper-right-way-humble, loving the Creation as God does, seeing the invisible God through ‘his’ Creation ….so they practiced what they believed, were willing to serve …

Where the Lutherans only saw Evil, the Orthodox attitude was: “God speaks in Skolt Sámi language as well” …..…. so the culture, language, tradition became interwoven with the Orthodox Church.

In Alaska God speaks Aleut, Alutiiq, Tlingit, and Yup'ik languages, so efforts were made to first understand it, then to preserve the language and the culture.

We believe(d) in the Eagle-like-“God” – but you could enter into communion with the Eagle through the Orthodox Church also:
http://merja.ru/imgs/merjanskoe_pravoslavje.JPG

That picture, which I absolutely love - I trust is named - “Faith of Ancestors”.
...... to receive the One Spirit, even the Eagle accepted Orthodoxy into its heart ..... And we accepted Christ.


Great and entertaining video on Alaskan Native Culture and Stories – Orthodox view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivp5B1ky9Gg

Showing respect I assume:
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...51f00db35.webp

*

sentient 06-12-2020 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
Great and entertaining video on Alaskan Native Culture and Stories – Orthodox view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivp5B1ky9Gg

IF you listened and enjoyed the first talk – here is the continuation to it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBaZj9FysPU

****


I remember watching this in NITV (National Indigenous Television) news at the time:
https://www.sbs.com.au/guide/video/5...irst-Aust-tour

Talking about the old traumas to deaf ears (mainstream culture) and getting all bitter & twisted in the process is not the way.
But of course the truth needed to be told again and again until it was heard and acknowledged.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6CnnBW6LbQ

But now connecting globally, realizing the parallels – well, you know you are being heard, understood & it is time to move on from the ‘rut’.

All my ‘white’ friends are anti-racist, work with reconciliation and environmental issues and together with Indigenous groups we have gotten things done.

This hate-the-white-man activism leads nowhere, but self-destruction – it destroys the culture too they are pretending to respect and defend.
No spiritual Elder teaches that.

*

ImthatIm 06-12-2020 05:23 PM

Sentient I want to first go back and acknowledge a flag you brought up awhile back.
Peace sign and Reggae colors. Green:wink: , Red, Black, Gold ***:icon_albino:*** Mr. rabbit represents the peace symbol on the flag you showed.LOL

INI. Jah Rastafari.
I acknowledge your vid. tracing back some history back
to Kali.(If I remember right?)
I will tread lightly and just say, medicines from our Mother Earth
and Her natural Loving curing ways, show up when they are needed.
First I start off with the Sacred place my feet are connected to.
I stand on a Living Loving GrandMother Being. She holds me tight and
gives and gives before our very eyes all we need for Life.INI

So yeah, I raise that flag and dance under it at times
and get Doctored by Love and peace and recieve Wellness.
Wellness for All Life in a circle. Jah Rastafari INI.
Another branch and form of worship from the line of Father Abraham.

I also follow the Tree. Another Branch from Father Abraham.The Tree and the Circle of Life are One.
I believe Jesus The Christ, was saying "I am The Spirit of the Tree of Life.
The Way The Truth and the Life" "I Was, I Am, I Will Be".
But, I may be alone in this. LOL

I feel kind of behind on all these great topics you have
put in front of me, to examine. I've only been practicing looking
at others ways by reading and writing since Nov. 2018.
I had the Indian Bible once (Black Elk Speaks) but the first Medicine person
I carried Rocks for threw it on the ground and we took off in His van down the Red Road.
He said something like "we live Life, we don't read it."

Before that I would only really study the people around and before me
and hear stories of other Ways/Paths.
Then years later trying to learn my Wife's Ways. Find my place in them.
Work medicine, and help others, which gets hard with 2 competing systems.
Traditional Ways and Frog skin Ways. LOL.
She comes from Blackface and Redface Dancers in the Smoke House Ways. Lower Salish.
Land of the Sqidalitch and the Sasquatch, Salmon People,
People of the Grasslands and People of the River.
Looking at theirs Ways of Worship and of Living in a Sacred balanced manner.

So all this writing really is my weakness. But I have committed to improve it.
There are many things I should be getting involved with, but health problems
have slowed me down to typing with 2 fingers and a thumb dancing on a keyboard.
Also to keep my brains misfiring and focus under control and memory nerves firing better.
I attempt communicating with written words. It is hard.

They tell me I have full body peripheral neuropathy pressing down on my physical functions.
Anyway I only brought it up, so you can know that my communication skills, might get
even worse, quick or slow in the future. Who knows. I just don't want you to think I am not paying
attention to your writings. I can read better than I can write.

So point is, I respond as quickly as I can manage with my spastic brain firings. INI
Hopefully I will eventually be able to type directly from my
Heart to my hands and bypass the brain altogether. LOL

ImthatIm 06-12-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
I only listened to the first song of the video, the second song is for Alaskans.

Now – I do not belong to any Church, but I had written in the Christian section about Orthodoxy.

Here is a summary:
Even though I was brought up as Lutheran, I failed to see/experience the spiritual aspect of that Church, (others no doubt can) - but I do have great respect for the old ways Russian Orthodox Church and this respect is still very strong in our collective conscious, in our collective memory.

Since our Church was and still is the Forest – the Orthodox ways blended in well.
The Face of God Film: The Orthodox Church on Climate Change:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...urch-on-climat

Sacred sites were not destroyed and the “Spirit Trees” were not cut down, instead Holy Icons were placed on them (& that tree is the "Guardian Spirit Tree” of the Bear):
https://anothercity.org/wp-content/u...-2-400x242.png

No priests high on pulpit delivering sermons of our evil ways - that we are all destined to hell, because of our nature beliefs …. Instead, there was this inclusion of just joining in the singing and chanting.
How should I say this, in the body of Christ (the Orthodox Church is) and by the Grace of Holy Spirit – there was no need to defend territorial belief system grounds …. boundaries.
In that embodiment of Christ, we ALL … Christians, Indigenous, Wilderness ….. found our belonging, our “unified home” ….. in One Love - in One Sacred Reality – in One Spirit.

Sergius of Valaam, a Greek monk not fearing wilderness nor its natives and Carelian Herman of Valaam – both founders of the Valaam Monastery on our ancient Sacred Site, (where we took offerings and at the time when Bears were still revered as Totemic ancestors. So we also came to understand the death and resurrection of Jesus through Bear Ceremony).

Orthodox missionaries entered Indigenous environments “as guests in another man’s house” and that was true.
These monks were proper-right-way-humble, loving the Creation as God does, seeing the invisible God through ‘his’ Creation ….so they practiced what they believed, were willing to serve …

Where the Lutherans only saw Evil, the Orthodox attitude was: “God speaks in Skolt Sámi language as well” …..…. so the culture, language, tradition became interwoven with the Orthodox Church.

In Alaska God speaks Aleut, Alutiiq, Tlingit, and Yup'ik languages, so efforts were made to first understand it, then to preserve the language and the culture.

We believe(d) in the Eagle-like-“God” – but you could enter into communion with the Eagle through the Orthodox Church also:
http://merja.ru/imgs/merjanskoe_pravoslavje.JPG

That picture, which I absolutely love - I trust is named - “Faith of Ancestors”.
...... to receive the One Spirit, even the Eagle accepted Orthodoxy into its heart ..... And we accepted Christ.


Great and entertaining video on Alaskan Native Culture and Stories – Orthodox view:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivp5B1ky9Gg

Showing respect I assume:
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...51f00db35.webp

*


Bear ceremonies.Double thumbs up.
Eagle ceremony and Honoring the Eagle nation
is part of the first Chanunpa(Pipe) also.
Represented by Eagle Feathers on Pipe.
As you can witness on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsk6sBdpEBs

So I am the choir. Say it loud. We say from the Eagle to the mole.
Represents all of the animal nations. From Highest to the lowest.

Not much to say about Natives and Orthodox church.
I am happy to hear that they see and act better than other sects.
We don't have Russian Orthodoxy to deal with down this way from Alaska.
I have heard stories of a Alaskan Native tribe that come down this way
during the Big Ice days when the food was scarce.

I don't have much to say on racism and being stuck in the past.
Except I don't like it.
Learn the history and deal with it in a Spiritual way.
Traumas traumatize and they make overcomers. Me thinks.
Everyone gets their chances to overcome problems
and put them in there proper place.

sentient 07-12-2020 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Sentient I want to first go back and acknowledge a flag you brought up awhile back.
Peace sign and Reggae colors. Green:wink: , Red, Black, Gold ***:icon_albino:*** Mr. rabbit represents the peace symbol on the flag you showed.LOL

INI. Jah Rastafari.
I acknowledge your vid. tracing back some history back
to Kali.(If I remember right?)

Oh, do you mean this?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMJhomjTpkw

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I will tread lightly and just say, medicines from our Mother Earth
and Her natural Loving curing ways, show up when they are needed.
First I start off with the Sacred place my feet are connected to.
I stand on a Living Loving GrandMother Being. She holds me tight and
gives and gives before our very eyes all we need for Life.INI

So yeah, I raise that flag and dance under it at times
and get Doctored by Love and peace and recieve Wellness.
Wellness for All Life in a circle. Jah Rastafari INI.
Another branch and form of worship from the line of Father Abraham.

I also follow the Tree. Another Branch from Father Abraham.The Tree and the Circle of Life are One.
I believe Jesus The Christ, was saying "I am The Spirit of the Tree of Life.
The Way The Truth and the Life" "I Was, I Am, I Will Be".
But, I may be alone in this. LOL

I have no intent to convert anybody into Orthodoxy – but father Michael Oleksa’s descriptions of Alaskan native culture, could almost have been a description of “us”, with differences as well of course, but which is why I found his talks so interesting. There is a thread of cultural commonality.

*

As the Tribe Called R.E.D. said when in Australia: “Travelling the world, you get to meet different indigenous people all over & the colonial experience is like a checklist” …
It really is – we have all gone through similar stuff.
And coming from a hunter-gatherer culture is like a checklist also – hey, we relate to nature the same way! So much so – I don’t even have to talk about it with my Aboriginal friends, we just enter the forest and attune to the environment - exactly the same way.

*

But then you do meet some indigenous groups (from abroad), who have been so insulated and isolated in their own bubble – that if you say, yeah, we have been through the same or similar stuff or we have that in our culture also …
They look at you totally distant and stunned. Or get angry “Who are you – some sympathiser “native wannabe”.

Or like a couple of days ago – this very mentally disturbed young man from urban down South somewhere – just a hint of Aboriginality in him and because he couldn’t get his way, get his moped on the local bus – it was hate-the-white-man activism – go berserk and start trashing about … because I am justified in doing so.

OMG! Where do these people come from!:icon_eek:

I suppose they are coming from cultural and racial confusion & not having had Elders to show them the way.
The organizations I've worked with have also got camps for youth to reconnect to the culture, alongside with anger management, alcohol and drug addiction etc. etc. And those work the best (having done work experience with them).

Alaskan confusion talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm-Oio9-gMQ

*

sentient 07-12-2020 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I had the Indian Bible once (Black Elk Speaks) but the first Medicine person
I carried Rocks for thru it on the ground and we took off in His van down the Red Road.
He said something like "we live Life, we don't read it."

I do not know Bible, not really.
I enter the forest.

Quote:

Before that I would only really study the people around and before me
and hear stories of other Ways/Paths.
Then years later trying to learn my Wife's Ways. Find my place in them.
Work medicine, and help others, which gets hard with 2 competing systems.
Traditional Ways and Frog skin Ways. LOL.
Yes. One has to be able to juggle 2 realities.

Quote:

She comes from Blackface and Redface Dancers in the Smoke House Ways. Lower Salish.
Land of the Sqidalitch and the Sasquatch, Salmon People,
People of the Grasslands and People of the River.
Looking at theirs Ways of Worship and of Living in a Sacred balanced manner.

I am happy for you.

Quote:

They tell me I have full body peripheral neuropathy pressing down on my physical functions.
Anyway I only brought it up, so you can know that my communication skills, might get
even worse, quick or slow in the future. Who knows. I just don't want you to think I am not paying
attention to your writings. I can read better than I can write.

So point is, I respond as quickly as I can manage with my spastic brain firings. INI
Hopefully I will eventually be able to type directly from my
Heart to my hands and bypass the brain altogether. LOL
I was very ill some 5 years ago.
It started off with getting a parasite and candida infestation in my gut – and before I knew it I had developed a leaky gut. With a leaky gut – one also gets a leaky brain (the blood brain barrier becomes compromised) …. Became intolerant to gluten, to soy and to some amino acids. Was severely B6, B12, Zink and Magnesium deficient …. Fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathy … you name it!
And if I even had a hint of Soy or Gluten my brain would go into a fog and start misfiring, plus with gluten I would get joint inflammation flare-ups.

With a very strict diet I did get better – but slowly.

*

ImthatIm 07-12-2020 11:21 AM

sentient
Quote:

Oh, do you mean this?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMJhomjTpkw

Yes that is the one.

Quote:

I do not know Bible, not really.
I enter the forest.

I really wasn't talking Bible. I was talking the book Black Elk Speaks.
Which is considered by many Natives as the Indian Bible.
I do know some Bible, New Testament and the words of Jesus The Christ.
From the below quote I seen that Jesus says it's all about Love.
So I say the Bible is good. How people follow it, can be questioned.
Some Christians get down right nasty, and there is a long history of
wicked deeds that we are aware of. Starting with the conquering Romans and their use of Christianity.
Quote:

36“Teacher,” he asked, “which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul,
and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and the most important commandment.
The second most important commandment is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’

ImthatIm 07-12-2020 12:35 PM

sentient
Quote:

With a very strict diet I did get better – but slowly.

Better? Like all better or partially better?
I have other health concerns as well, but what they call peripheral neuropathy
is the one that seems to be getting the better of me and worsening quickly.
I have not received to many answers from the medical community.:icon_sad:

I will spare most details and just say I have partial lose of nerve function starting
in toes (Bad) and onward up to knees. Most times it is like I am at sea and legs
are wet noodley like and vibrate most days. Arms about the same Partial nerve damage
in fingers and at times can't grasp with fingers fully. They use to say I had carpal tunnel.
I now believe that was misleading and it was always the neuropathy.
Anyway the vibrating and spasms and needle like pricks has moved to where it is in most of my body.
All the way up to my head to where my tongue vibrates and eye muscles
contract and twitch. Major organs get funky. Lungs get hard to breathe and saliva turns foamy.
This all cycles in a 3 day period .Symptoms go down to mainly hands and feet and then builds
to full body vibrating and spasming.
Sometimes it just flares up out of nowhere.

Anyway, I have spoke with a few others that have neuropathy, symptoms
seem different.
My present dr. has been no help. He takes the stance of nothing he can do.
So I have been in the excepting what comes mode.
Which seems to be fading out physically, which I am alright with. With some bouts of fear of the unknown.
6yrs. ago I was real depressed about it.

Soy seems easy, sense I don't deliberately use it.
Gluten on the other hand, seems to be all over and in a bunch of frog skin worshipers food. LOL
I like using frog skins in a sentence where ever possible.:tongue1:

Laughter and Reggae and dancing/moving to reggae has been medicine for my peripheral neuropathy.

ImthatIm 07-12-2020 05:58 PM

The HU
Sad but True

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpxA_ZxGX_M

sentient 07-12-2020 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
sentient
Better? Like all better or partially better?


As far as I can tell – all better (touch wood) – but it took about 4 years.

Not cured of course. For example, I do not dare to have a cup of lipton tea as some of those contain wheat and almost all gluten-free products contain soy. You wouldn’t think a bag of raw nuts is dangerous, until you get ill and read in the label that it was packaged in the same facility that also packages gluten or soy products.
I have to be extremely careful to read all the labels.

Doctors were of no help. I don’t think they understand leaky-gut caused food sensitivity/allergy problems, which was the cause of my peripheral neuropathy.

Naturopath helped. I do a course of Vitaklenz periodically and of course have to watch sugar levels ….

I am not a Celiac, but am as bad if not even worse.
So many people of Irish descend are Celiacs.

*

ImthatIm 07-12-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
As far as I can tell – all better (touch wood) – but it took about 4 years.

Not cured of course. For example, I do not dare to have a cup of lipton tea as some of those contain wheat and almost all gluten-free products contain soy. You wouldn’t think a bag of raw nuts is dangerous, until you get ill and read in the label that it was packaged in the same facility that also packages gluten or soy products.
I have to be extremely careful to read all the labels.

Doctors were of no help. I don’t think they understand leaky-gut caused food sensitivity/allergy problems, which was the cause of my peripheral neuropathy.

Naturopath helped. I do a course of Vitaklenz periodically and of course have to watch sugar levels ….

I am not a Celiac, but am as bad if not even worse.
So many people of Irish descend are Celiacs.

*


Yeah, I am glad to hear your better.
I have no digestive disorder. I did have H.pylori which caused ulcers for 12 years. But that is cured.
Since about 1995.
I was suspecting my P. neuropathy is a result of either
my Spina Bifida or chemical toxins.
It's been 30 years so far dealing with it, but not knowing what it was.
But It is just one of those things that I may never get any answer to.
So I stop looking and just try to live good and positive, the best I can.
Winter is the worst as far as pain and movement goes.

sentient 07-12-2020 08:21 PM

I think that to have an overgrowth of yeast (Candida albicans) in the gut causes alcohol-related type of peripheral neuropathy … because of the Candida ethanol production …

Just one thing to check. Vitaklenz is the best imo. for it.

You may have been cured of H.pylori, but what did it do to your small intestinal lining?
One of the causes developing a ‘leaky gut’ is Helicobacter pylori.

*

Native spirit 07-12-2020 08:24 PM

IMTHATIM I have just been reading your post i will be sending Healing thoughts to you


Namaste

ImthatIm 07-12-2020 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient
I think that to have an overgrowth of yeast (Candida albicans) in the gut causes alcohol-related type of peripheral neuropathy … because of the Candida ethanol production …

Just one thing to check. Vitaklenz is the best imo. for it.

You may have been cured of H.pylori, but what did it do to your small intestinal lining?
One of the causes developing a ‘leaky gut’ is Helicobacter pylori.

*


Yeah, I see. I will have to look into this more in-depth.:smile:

ImthatIm 07-12-2020 11:51 PM

Thanks, Native spirit for your support.

Orion_Lion 08-12-2020 12:18 AM

hmm indigenous people... i think, due to something that happpened to me, that i have a african american angel protecting me. his/her name is Ehi.

Ehi means angel. do you know anything about this?


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums