Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Astrology (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your Parents Zodiac Sign (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137460)

girlsearching 03-10-2020 03:47 AM

Your Parents Zodiac Sign

I have always wondered could your parents zodiac sign have something to do with child raising as well as your general relationship with them. Having Two Fire signs as my parents is not a walk in the park .

My Mom is a Sagittarius and my Dad is a Aries . My Parents never got married and my father he had always had very militant views about the world and is socially conscious . My Mom she is confidant she has an eye for fashion and decorating inside of houses.

girlsearching 03-10-2020 03:49 AM

I don't know I just feel like Fire Sign parents just don't do well with a earth sign kid. I find both of their personalities to be annoying and if they weren't my parents I don't think I'd be compatible with either of them or would want to be their friends . (These are thoughts in my head)
OMG I sound like a whiny teenager instead of mid-twenties adult with my post.

ocean breeze 03-10-2020 09:22 AM

I feel our parents upbringing will reflect the way they raise us. Or at least have a major influence.

I think it was me that was the cause of every grey hair on my parents. :D

My parents are cool people. My family represents each element of the signs. Me, water sign. My dad, earth sign. My mom, fire sign. My brother, air sign. My dad is Capricorn. He was strict, had to be in control, often negative but will protect the family at all cost. My mom is Leo, very upbeat, positive, puts others before herself. My brother is Gemini. Very smart, and a really nice person. I am much more reserved, quiet, bold. My mom would get confused sometimes because she likes to talk a lot and with me, one moment i'm chatty and goofing around then like two minutes later i get quiet and don't want to talk to anyone.

Between my parents and i, it was always me that was the difficult one. My brother was a lot easier.

girlsearching 03-10-2020 11:26 PM

I feel like my Sagittarius mom and Aries dad are like water and oil they don't mix very well. My Mom IS more of a free spirit, confidant, and cool. she marches to hew own drum and is not going to let anyone tell her what to do. my Dad is more intellectual (not saying my mom is not) he has militant views about the world he can be funny at times. He is more serious though and likes to read up on issues pertaining history, religion, and race. He likes to be in control and is very opinionated.

Clover 04-10-2020 05:45 PM

My mom is Sagittarius & my dad is Capricorn.

My mom was definitely the 'boss' of the household, she was loud, dramatic, flashy, and at her peak really beautiful. She dressed nice ( sexy) loved to dance. She also managed the household very well. I wouldn't call her the most empathetic or 'loving' person, she lacked a lot of emotional empathy but she was diligent and task oriented. All moms are different, mine was a tough love mom, but she did her job really great and was 100 percent committed. Very protective, didn't let me out of her sight so I can appreciate that, and I appreciate her for making me a tough mom too. Having a Sag mom & Sag sister, I can only say per my own experience they are dramatic and so sloppy when angry. Its kind of funny actually, just saying...

My Dad the Capricorn was really just the most loving, caring, amazing human being. He was born on a Cusp on Aquarius. I checked to see why he is so different from my Sag mom, and his Venus is actually in Sagittarius .. eeek with a Libra Moon Hmm. Anyways, Yes, Caps can be negative in a sense of thinking the worse first. Or thinking worst case scenario ( natural planners). I use to get yelled at if I left the car near the 'E' 'Empty'. I'd get a lecture and lesson on how to be responsible Lol. Still, my dad was a very hard working, loving, caring person. If you leave them alone in their space, they wont be so negative :tongue:

The only fire I have in my chart is Sagittarius, and its in my mercury and a couple other places. Adventurous free spirit. :smile: I love being on my toes, traveling or doing something sporty

sandalwood 04-10-2020 07:24 PM

I just find out that my parents were a Pisces and a Cancer
And I'm a Scorpio
So we were a full triplicity ^_^

Green.Heals 06-10-2020 04:20 AM

My mother's Sun sign is Aquarius. We have a distant relationship...I don't know her other signs or her chart. That is not to say we are not close, but for a time, we did not come together until earlier this year, just before "covid" ironically for years, but we picked up where we left off. She was more like a friend than a mother growing up, and I needed a mother.

My Father's Sun sign is in Taurus, and his Rising is Cancer. I don't know his chart, as he does not know his time. We are very close, but not without a lot of pain in the past, and some abuse. I know the Cancer peculiarities as we'll just call them VERY well.

My mother is soft, and most of life exhausted her I believe, she kept very close to her parents. Closer to them, than to me.

My Father is the epitome of, hmm, an alpha male. In a quiet way. Shy. My parents are shy, but my mom and I are hilarious together. It took me years to not puppy my dad around...I still do it, but not as obvious. My dad has always done fairly well in life. My parents split when I was a baby. They never remarried. For good reason. Feel bad for my mother however.

I would say I am very much like my mother, in that I stick to home.

Anyways, I was hopeful that I would, "make it", and could take care of them later on in life...

I am Virgo everything, with lots of Gem & Sag in my chart. I am very shy, and nervous energy person. People judge me harshly on my outer appearance until they let their guard down, and get to know me.

girlsearching 06-10-2020 05:01 AM

Quote:

Today, 11:20 PM
Green.Heals
Experiencer

My mother's Sun sign is Aquarius. We have a distant relationship...I don't know her other signs or her chart. That is not to say we are not close, but for a time, we did not come together until earlier this year, just before "covid" ironically for years, but we picked up where we left off. She was more like a friend than a mother growing up, and I needed a mother.

My Father's Sun sign is in Taurus, and his Rising is Cancer. I don't know his chart, as he does not know his time. We are very close, but not without a lot of pain in the past, and some abuse. I know the Cancer peculiarities as we'll just call them VERY well.

My mother is soft, and most of life exhausted her I believe, she kept very close to her parents. Closer to them, than to me.

My Father is the epitome of, hmm, an alpha male. In a quiet way. Shy. My parents are shy, but my mom and I are hilarious together. It took me years to not puppy my dad around...I still do it, but not as obvious. My dad has always done fairly well in life. My parents split when I was a baby. They never remarried. For good reason. Feel bad for my mother however.

I would say I am very much like my mother, in that I stick to home.

Anyways, I was hopeful that I would, "make it", and could take care of them later on in life...

I am Virgo everything, with lots of Gem & Sag in my chart. I am very shy, and nervous energy person. People judge me harshly on my outer appearance until they let their guard down, and get to know me.

Fellow Virgo here and this is so true. The Virgo energy epsically in Venus and Libra in Mercury apparently gives off nervous energy. This dose not apply to everyone though. Virgo energy can be socially awkward , anxious, lacking low-self esteem , and can be shy.

girlsearching 06-10-2020 05:11 AM

Quote:

Yesterday, 02:24 PM
sandalwood
Experiencer

And I'm a Scorpio

• • • • •
Look softer
Breather deeper
That is awesome, how lucky that the three of you all are water signs. The Pisces is my favorite out of the water signs. My Mom is a Sagittarius and my Dad is a Aries . I 'm a Virgo but my Rising sign is a Aries but that is not the same thing or it dose help me . I wonder how the dynamic would be if I was born a Leo instead whitch I'd prefer .

girlsearching 06-10-2020 05:11 AM

Quote:

Yesterday, 02:24 PM
sandalwood
Experiencer

And I'm a Scorpio

• • • • •
Look softer
Breather deeper
That is awesome, how lucky that the three of you all are water signs. The Pisces is my favorite out of the water signs. My Mom is a Sagittarius and my Dad is a Aries . I 'm a Virgo but my Rising sign is a Aries but that is not the same thing or it dose help me . I wonder how the dynamic would be if I was born a Leo instead whitch I'd prefer .

Lucky 1 20-10-2020 08:48 PM

Both of my parents are Capricorns with my dad born on Jan 15th and my mom born Jan 18th

Me??? I'm an Aquarius born on Jan 23rd with my moon in Virgo.....

My parents split up when I was 18 months old so my time with my dad was a few times per year...mostly during hunting season....

Mom was a bit disconnected from being a mother and fairly serf-center...she still is!

Dad was and is your archetypal Texas oilman billionaire....think JR Ewing!

Before dad got old he was a hard drinking, hard womanizing , hardcore businessman....not particularly warm and fuzzy but he did instill in me an entrepreneurial spirit and led me to great success as a businessman in my own right.

When very young...I was fortunate to be raised by my maternal grandmother....an Aries.....as a teenager I was befriended by a friends dad who taught me what really being a father was all about.....as a grown man he and I are still life long friends.....he is a Cancer and 88 years old now and lately I've started wondering how much longer I'll have him around.

girlsearching 21-10-2020 09:29 PM

I wish I was a Leo my Mom is Sagittarius and my Dad is a Aries. I hate my Virgo sun sign energy I'm socially awkward , shy, and tend to not be comfortable in my own skin. My rising sign is a Aries although some website calculated that my raising was a Libra. and my moon is a Pisces.

My older brother is a Taurus and my younger sister is a Libra.

Nameless 22-10-2020 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlsearching
I wish I was a Leo my Mom is Sagittarius and my Dad is a Aries. I hate my Virgo sun sign energy I'm socially awkward , shy, and tend to not be comfortable in my own skin. My rising sign is a Aries although some website calculated that my raising was a Libra. and my moon is a Pisces.

My older brother is a Taurus and my younger sister is a Libra.

Girlsearching - I guess I should label this post - woman found LOL. I am a virgo, have been most of my life. Don't know anything about rising suns or moons, but I do know a heck of a lot about being a virgo. Things I didn't learn to deal with until much much later in life (most of what you said - catatonic shyness almost, terribly socially awkward, didn't want anyone to notice me, wanted to be the wallflower ) but was born with this incredible beauty that made people be drawn to me - which was quite horrifying, so I learned how to be invisible, pretty much.

So I'm hear to help you learn to deal with them.

First off, and sorry if this thread took a turn LOL, facing your fears is a big one. I got really really good at not being noticed, until I had to give a meeting in a room full of people. Not for sissies. The first time was terrible, I got my first panic attack (only had a few btw, so no worries). It felt like I was dying - my heart racing, my throat dry, my voice shaking, but I had to do it, and do it I did. And then I had to do it again, and I did it again, with a little less panic, then again and again, and after awhile, I loved giving meetings!! Who knew? Also I found out that excitement feels a lot like fear.

So I faced that fear because I was made to and came out the other side. Facing fears will be your friend. It is so hard, but you just have to do it, and people understand, they really do. Also it is pretty universal, to have a fear of public speaking. But for us virgos, it is torture at first.

As far as being shy and socially awkward, my husband told me over and over most of my life, they can't eat you. But that is how it felt. And nothing he could say helped that.

When I had kids and had to face down the teacher or the principal, I did it for my kid and I was their advocate. I didn't care what they thought, this was for my kid. So I learned how to be brave for my kids, and I taught my kids how to be brave when they were little so they didn't have this problem.

So life will help you, it will bring things to you that you don't really want to face, but you get to face it anyway. I say practice. Practice that thing you are afraid of, until you are not afraid of it anymore.

As I got older, it got better, but was still there, underneath lurking.

Here are two things that helped me. Life will change you, but here's what helped. It a bit woo woo, so I'm apologizing in advance.

A book called Soul Love, by Sanaya Roman, who channels Orin, a Being of Light who is simply love. There is a meditation in the first chapter - how to meet your "selves". I did fearful self first, because - yeah. I would read a sentence, then put the book down, and visualize that sentence, then read another sentence, then visualize that, etc. Each one took about an hour and you have to not be disturbed. After I did a few of those, and they were spaced in time about a month or so apart, I felt whole for the first time in my life. Highly recommend. I never finished the book, not sure why.

A challenge from a channeled book - Seth Speaks. Somewhere in there he challenged me to try these out for one week - to tell myself this first thing in the morning, and do each separately (separate weeks). And see what happens when you do, what syncronicities pop out at you, what thoughts you have.

#1 - I live in a Safe Universe
#2 - It never matters what anyone else thinks, it only matters what I think

If you can practice believing those (and you won't at first) your world will change.

Hope this helps

Nameless 22-10-2020 01:49 AM

Oh, and I forgot - you have to learn to love yourself. Who knew we had to learn that right? Look yourself in the mirror every morning and say out loud to yourself, I Love You. You might be shocked to find out you don't believe yourself. But do it anyway, every morning, until you do.:hug2:

girlsearching 22-10-2020 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nameless
Girlsearching - I guess I should label this post - woman found LOL. I am a virgo, have been most of my life. Don't know anything about rising suns or moons, but I do know a heck of a lot about being a virgo. Things I didn't learn to deal with until much much later in life (most of what you said - catatonic shyness almost, terribly socially awkward, didn't want anyone to notice me, wanted to be the wallflower ) but was born with this incredible beauty that made people be drawn to me - which was quite horrifying, so I learned how to be invisible, pretty much.

So I'm hear to help you learn to deal with them.

First off, and sorry if this thread took a turn LOL, facing your fears is a big one. I got really really good at not being noticed, until I had to give a meeting in a room full of people. Not for sissies. The first time was terrible, I got my first panic attack (only had a few btw, so no worries). It felt like I was dying - my heart racing, my throat dry, my voice shaking, but I had to do it, and do it I did. And then I had to do it again, and I did it again, with a little less panic, then again and again, and after awhile, I loved giving meetings!! Who knew? Also I found out that excitement feels a lot like fear.

So I faced that fear because I was made to and came out the other side. Facing fears will be your friend. It is so hard, but you just have to do it, and people understand, they really do. Also it is pretty universal, to have a fear of public speaking. But for us virgos, it is torture at first.

As far as being shy and socially awkward, my husband told me over and over most of my life, they can't eat you. But that is how it felt. And nothing he could say helped that.

When I had kids and had to face down the teacher or the principal, I did it for my kid and I was their advocate. I didn't care what they thought, this was for my kid. So I learned how to be brave for my kids, and I taught my kids how to be brave when they were little so they didn't have this problem.

So life will help you, it will bring things to you that you don't really want to face, but you get to face it anyway. I say practice. Practice that thing you are afraid of, until you are not afraid of it anymore.

As I got older, it got better, but was still there, underneath lurking.

Here are two things that helped me. Life will change you, but here's what helped. It a bit woo woo, so I'm apologizing in advance.

A book called Soul Love, by Sanaya Roman, who channels Orin, a Being of Light who is simply love. There is a meditation in the first chapter - how to meet your "selves". I did fearful self first, because - yeah. I would read a sentence, then put the book down, and visualize that sentence, then read another sentence, then visualize that, etc. Each one took about an hour and you have to not be disturbed. After I did a few of those, and they were spaced in time about a month or so apart, I felt whole for the first time in my life. Highly recommend. I never finished the book, not sure why.

A challenge from a channeled book - Seth Speaks. Somewhere in there he challenged me to try these out for one week - to tell myself this first thing in the morning, and do each separately (separate weeks). And see what happens when you do, what syncronicities pop out at you, what thoughts you have.

#1 - I live in a Safe Universe
#2 - It never matters what anyone else thinks, it only matters what I think

If you can practice believing those (and you won't at first) your world will change.

Hope this helps

Thank you Nameless your advice dose help. The rising sign is a person's social personality the outward appearance, the moon sign is the emotions, fears , and desires it is your inner self . :hug:

Moon_Glow 22-10-2020 06:28 PM

I was literally just about to post a thread about this well something similar I just found so many similarities in the charts of me my family and my husband and his family.

I'm sun in Aquarius moon in Cancer
My husband is sun in Sagittarius moon in Cancer
My dad is sun in Sagittarius moon in Cancer
His mom is sun in Cancer moon in Aquarius

My mom is a leo sun, cancer moon. His dad is a leo sun as well as his step mother. My dad's ex-wife also has the same birthday as my mom...

We have two little boys, our older son is Leo sun, Aquarius moon...

Our other little guy is pisces sun and capricorn moon...

I had 2 fire signs as parents but they both have Cancer moons, they're loving and chill and always taught me to stand up for what's right and to be kind and accept people for who they are.

I love that between my two sons the 4 elements are represented leo/aquarius and pisces/capricorn

PMPM71 29-10-2020 07:01 PM

Dad Pisces/Scorpio, mom Taurus/Cancer, I'm Aries/Aquarius. They were together since 12, both same age. In marriage for 42 years (got married at 23)

Always better got along with dad even if he never could shut up. I love my mom but we have nothing in common. As a woman i think there is no less interesting one than Taurus for me as an Aries. Their whole existence is food&remote and they are soooo slow at everything...irritating.

RedEmbers 29-10-2020 08:06 PM

MY parents should not have been parents hahaha

But I love them.

Both Gemini... I have no idea what that really means, I reckon some Gemini's would make great parents but mine were not emotionally equipped to have children. I find Gemini's quite emotionally alien-like at times. As though they annalyse their emotions rather then feel them, my emotions as a child were always analysed particularly by my Father.

I would have preferred more nurturing parents who could model good emotional health to me but then... I would not be me if it was different.

girlsearching 30-10-2020 03:23 AM

Having two Fire signs as parents isn't a picnic at the park . I have Sagittarius Mom and Aries Dad I just wish that I was not a September born Virgo I'd rather much have liked to be in Agust born one instead or a Leo being born at the beginning of august or a Pisces.

ocean breeze 31-10-2020 04:22 AM

I think having a water sign as a son is no picnic in the park. If my parents were deeply into astrology they'd be like, "oh no, lets not have another water sign again." lol

girlsearching 31-10-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I think having a water sign as a son is no picnic in the park. If my parents were deeply into astrology they'd be like, "oh no, lets not have another water sign again." lol

Your post always make me smile I love your sense of humor Ocean breeze. :laughing6:

ocean breeze 31-10-2020 05:15 PM

Its the Gemini in me. :wink:

Happy Halloween.

RedEmbers 31-10-2020 10:52 PM

Naw... ocean breeze. My kid is a water sign, I am earth.

It was a little bit outside my comfort zone at first but she softened me to my sweeter side. Kind of like water slowly causes erosion to earth.

I was a lot less sentimental before she came along :D

ocean breeze 01-11-2020 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Naw... ocean breeze. My kid is a water sign, I am earth.

It was a little bit outside my comfort zone at first but she softened me to my sweeter side. Kind of like water slowly causes erosion to earth.

I was a lot less sentimental before she came along :D

I was exaggerating. :D Me and my parents are cool. I was just very reserved and i don't open up to them. I can be difficult to deal with for my parents but i was far from horrible.

Green.Heals 01-11-2020 07:52 AM

lol reading everyone's posts...lol my poor parent's. Oh how I've opened up their eyes. The things I've done to them..

How we've all shaped one another, but that is existence after all.

Green.Heals 02-12-2020 02:36 AM

I finally got my mother's time of birth.

I know my dad is Taurus Sun, and Cancer Rising, and I am just giddy beside myself with knowing my mother's now.

It is interesting both parents have Cancer, and an Earth quality where they have uncontrollable rages.

Sun in Aquarius, Moon in CANCER !!! mind blown for reasons I won't even delve into. & Capricorn Rising, with Aquarius in Venus.

I said in an earlier post my mother was more like a friend, when I needed a mother, that would be the "detached Aqua" she's always been kind of separate from others, very intelligent, very loving in a comforting manner. But hurt lots. I can see those with the Moon in Cancer.

This year 2 people that came into my life, well 3 that held rather large turning points for me...the one I'd mentioned before she has Cancer in Moon & Capri rising too, so it is interesting to see the similarities.

It was fun to learn about mom a little bit more.

Aunt Bud 03-12-2020 05:53 AM

Mom a sag.
Dad a virgo.

They have been together several times.

Challenger007 18-12-2020 04:46 PM

It seems to me that with the development of space technologies, we will be able to study in more detail the influence of celestial bodies on our life. Now, when manned space flights are rare and studies from a near-earth orbit are not conducted from the point of view of astrology, we can only operate on outdated data. Unfortunately, there is still not much scientific work on the study of life on Earth from a height of near-earth orbit. After all, our lives are influenced not only by distant stars but also quite familiar and imperceptible at first glance, earthly processes. For example, warming is causing glaciers to melt. I also read the article "Arctic Tundra Going Green" skyrora.com/post/arctic-tundra-going-green and it was a surprise to me. There is so much unknown in the world and we cannot predict what awaits us tomorrow, or in the next 15-20 years.

LibbyScorp 29-12-2020 07:28 AM

My mom is a Sag. Our relationship has never been that great. She is a hard working provider but does not have the ability to let her guard down and be vulnerable. No apologies, barely any affection. She left and was the weekend mom. It's a little better now.

My step dad with her is a cap. He's a good man. Workaholic and a bit whiney at times lol but he has always been good to us kids.

My bio dad is a scorp. He did is best raising me. We are definitely closer but of course it's not always been easy. He is a very difficult man to love and spend time with so I understand why my mom left. When he is not in a snappy scorp mood, we have great conversation and he is a jack if all trades kind of guy.

They all make wonderful grandparents :)

Miss Hepburn 29-12-2020 08:59 AM

Don't ask - I almost went catatonic thinking about their charts.
Oh, the intensity. Ok I have to stop thinking about them. :eek:

Moon_Glow 16-01-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green.Heals
I finally got my mother's time of birth.

I know my dad is Taurus Sun, and Cancer Rising, and I am just giddy beside myself with knowing my mother's now.

It is interesting both parents have Cancer, and an Earth quality where they have uncontrollable rages.

Sun in Aquarius, Moon in CANCER !!! mind blown for reasons I won't even delve into. & Capricorn Rising, with Aquarius in Venus.

I said in an earlier post my mother was more like a friend, when I needed a mother, that would be the "detached Aqua" she's always been kind of separate from others, very intelligent, very loving in a comforting manner. But hurt lots. I can see those with the Moon in Cancer.

This year 2 people that came into my life, well 3 that held rather large turning points for me...the one I'd mentioned before she has Cancer in Moon & Capri rising too, so it is interesting to see the similarities.

It was fun to learn about mom a little bit more.

Wow - I have a lot of your moms placements! aqua sun -moon in cancer - venus in aquarius but my rising is cancer... I have two little boys, my youngest son is a Pisces and we are very compatible, my older son is a Leo and I love him more than anything but we are on different wavelengths sometimes... his Moon is is Aquarius...

Id be interested to hear more about your mother!

:hug: :hug: