Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Books (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   A Book Misunderstood. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=51134)

Scattered Sheep 06-05-2013 03:18 AM

A Book Misunderstood.

The Bible?
The Scriptures?

"The title 'Bible' came into use around 15th century when Johann G. Gutenberg, the inventor of printing with movable types system, made the Latin (Vulgate) as his first printed book. That version was known as the "Gutenberg Bible." In a logical sense, and due to human reasoning, the title was fine for the late inventor because he compiled many books (in Greek, Byblos) in one single volume. After that first printed Book, all the translations made afterward were called the Bible!"

After quoting this please consider the following Scripture and pray for wisdom.

Dani'el 10:21a - "But let me declare to you what is written in the Scripture of Truth, ..."

Which came first? I like the more original of the two:wink: , do you?:confused:
Sheep in the Word.

Juanita 06-05-2013 05:48 AM

I do not believe in any translation of the bible, especially the new testament, so of course am not a Christian...It doesn't matter which came first, as it is just a book written by many different people over many years--lots of mythology, fantasy, stories, and a bit of history-much which has never been proved...and I don't even want to get into the new testament and who actually wrote it and when....fabrications, exaggerations and imagination...

Scattered Sheep 06-05-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanita
I do not believe in any translation of the bible, especially the new testament, so of course am not a Christian...It doesn't matter which came first, as it is just a book written by many different people over many years--lots of mythology, fantasy, stories, and a bit of history-much which has never been proved...and I don't even want to get into the new testament and who actually wrote it and when....fabrications, exaggerations and imagination...

I am not a Christian either, check my short note in What is Christianity, if you want, may Yahushua gather you and guide you!:smile:

Juanita 06-05-2013 08:47 PM

Thank you and yes, I receive guidance on a regular basis.......

Scattered Sheep 07-05-2013 05:55 PM

Guidance from the Scriptures is the only way to live according to the Creator! I do not like words that are man made like "Bible" when trying to explain YHWH's set apart Truth. Semantics games run rampant. Let's stay on point!!
Man made words to describe Him are not authentic like the Author of life, who is our Creator, YHWH, Yahushua, our great Elohim!!! If it's not in the Scriptures then do not make up a word and put it in there! Things will get confusing real quick and indeed people are confused Who is God? People say I, er, uh. LOOK in His book, The Scriptures, He will begin to show you. HalleluYAH. Men try to explain God away....He is not going anywhere.

Juanita 07-05-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
Guidance from the Scriptures is the only way to live according to the Creator! I do not like words that are man made like "Bible" when trying to explain YHWH's set apart Truth. Semantics games run rampant. Let's stay on point!!
Man made words to describe Him are not authentic like the Author of life, who is our Creator, YHWH, Yahushua, our great Elohim!!! If it's not in the Scriptures then do not make up a word and put it in there! Things will get confusing real quick and indeed people are confused Who is God? People say I, er, uh. LOOK in His book, The Scriptures, He will begin to show you. HalleluYAH. Men try to explain God away....He is not going anywhere.

Is not the book called the bible the scriptures that you are referring to? Who made up the words "set apart truth"? all words are man made..... Nothing is confusing to me as I do not look into books for all of my answers.......

Scattered Sheep 08-05-2013 02:20 AM

:icon_scratch:

Juanita 08-05-2013 02:50 AM

:tongue: :tongue:
Quote:

:icon_scratch:

Scattered Sheep 08-05-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanita
:tongue: :tongue:

Your trying, knowingly or not, to make me chase my tail:confused2:

Juanita 08-05-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Your trying, knowingly or not, to make me chase my tail:confused2:

:smile: am I?. Are you chasing your tail? If you are secure in your beliefs, you would not be confused... I am not confused... It has to make sense to me and if it doesn't, well I will not chase my tail...:hug3: