Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Loving our enemies ??? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=146020)

Jean-Yves 15-02-2023 05:36 PM

Loving our enemies ???

Loving our enemies???

Hello everyone, I give you here a draft, an awareness, a feeling on this subject...
I wrote this text about a month ago, and I translate it from French with an automatic translator... Please tell me if something is not clear.

I am taking here the term "enemy" in the broad sense; that is to say that it can just as well designate the one with whom we are in a "war", open or hidden from the eyes of the world, as the one against whom we bear a deaf grudge... but also the one, quite simply, whose the presence, attitude or behavior bothers us, or in itself generates a form of discomfort.

Of course, it will be easier, more affordable, to love those with whom we are in affinity, those in whom we recognize ourselves, those whose energies vibrate in tune with ours.

So how do you love your enemies?

The answer is actually quite simple...

It is that as soon as our heart is open and we are freed from the impact they have on us as "the enemy", both psychologically and emotionally, there is "love". ".

Because it turns out that this feeling of love at its purest level is located closest to our Being... or even perhaps, that from this level of self which is always free emanates love, or even, would be constituted of love.

So, for love to be felt towards the "enemy" it is imperative that we are free. Because it is only from this level of freedom present in the depths of oneself, beyond all limitations, all stress, that love can be felt in an unconditional way.

Thus, too, if we wish to rediscover this connection with this essential level of self, the enemy can be in a way "the way", because, by his simple "disturbing" presence, he shows us the levels of self which are not released and which are in a way our own flaws.

Thus, the one who hinders us can become a help on the path that leads to the deepening of oneself, and consequently to this inner opening where even the "enemy" is loved...

I wanted to write "where even the 'enemy' can be loved"... But in fact it's not even that... Because as soon as he there is opening of the heart and release of the impact it has on oneself, there is "love".

:smile:

Miss Hepburn 15-02-2023 06:01 PM

Ok, this inspired me. :smile: And you're right...not love, exactly, for me, but compassion at least,
and treated kindly.

''Thus, the one who hinders us can become a help on the path that leads to the deepening of oneself,
and consequently to this inner opening where even the "enemy" is loved...'
'

Molearner 15-02-2023 07:12 PM

Sometimes we’re too lazy…too complacent…too self assured to challenge ourselves. Voila ! The enemy appears…what’s not to love ? We are helped to discover our true Self……”whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”….

iamthat 15-02-2023 07:19 PM

Or perhaps where there is real love then there are no enemies, just fellow humans caught in their own patterns.

Peace

dream jo 15-02-2023 07:29 PM

Yes it times we can be our own worst enemies we can
Because we all it fault on that one is we are
Plus that song Oliver Twist where is love and it makes me think is it from sky above
But I know at times I am my own worst enemy but I think we all have that inside us even animals like cats and dogs have in

Native spirit 15-02-2023 08:30 PM

I would agree with Miss Hepburn

Namaste

RedEmbers 16-02-2023 10:37 AM

I just have to act with integrity as to my own life and my own personal truth and let those who do not like me own their own shadows and those things which they project upon me.

I don't love my enemies.

I love myself enough to stay away from them.

That compassion is for myself..the enemy within myself. That's the only thing I concern myself with.

Those outer enemies are none of my business.

Miss Hepburn 16-02-2023 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEmbers
I don't love my enemies.
I love myself enough to stay away from them.

ME, TOO! Rather people that are obnoxious, self-centered, gossips, takers, sloppy drunks, haters, mean...whatever.
Can't think of an enemy.

Redchic12 16-02-2023 12:36 PM

Im with you on this one Redembers.

I don’t love my enemies (or rather those who have seriously harmed me). But i dont hate them either. In fact I don’t really think about them. They are what they are. End of story.

I see the phrase “love thy enemies”. floated around a lot on this forum, that it feels like a bit of a cliche now and I have to ask, is it REALLY possible for the average person to love their enemy. I doubt it. Sure there are those who are highly advanced spiritual people that CAN easily do it but they are few and far between IMO.

I feel the best the average person can do is to learn from what happened and LET GO of the constant negative thoughts about them and move on with your life to better things. And as Miss H stated, try and feel compassion for them.

But love? That would not be easy and I don’t feel it is necessary either.

Just my opinion.

kris 16-02-2023 02:55 PM

Where am I going to find enemies to love?