Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Welcome (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Hello everyone! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34007)

manifestdestiny 14-04-2012 10:14 PM

Hello everyone!

Hi! My name is Jeff, and I am a spiritual person who is interested in esoteric Christianity, Hinduism, and some aspects of new age thought, such as the law of attraction etc., (which of course is pretty ancient, actually). I am an artist who prefers to work in chalk pastels, a musician (guitarist), I sing, write poetry. And I'm studying electrical engineering (odd, huh?)
Anyways I'm here because I'm interested in manifesting more good things into my life. On March 24th, I gave up cigarettes and alcohol, and am very glad I did so. I have begun the process of manifesting a nicotine anonymous group on my campus, which I am excited about, especially because it has a spiritual focus. I have begun jogging, eating healthier (and a lot more, which isn't a bad thing, as I'm pretty skinny), and practicing positive thinking and developing a quiet mind. I have been very inspired and influenced by A Course in Miracles , and draw much of my thought patterns from it. So, I am intrigued by this manifesting business like I said, and just yesterday I believe I manifested a 200$ book voucher. I was listening to Wayne Dyer and Deepak Chopra talk about manifesting desires before class, and the thought crossed my mind of how I will obtain the calculus book I will need for the 2nd and 3rd semester, as I've only had access to the ebook. I will be taking Calculus II in the summer, so need it pretty quick. I left the thought/question open ended and went to class, and at the beginning of the special lecture on cultural diversity, someone was asked to stand and read the definition of their mission statement on a slide. I looked around and no one was standing, I wanted to, so when he said, "anyone" I stood up and flawlessly recited it off. He walked up, winking at me, and announced to the class of about 70 that he was going to give me a 200$ book voucher for taking the initiative. Instantly the thought came back from only 20 minutes before. And also, I had just wrote in a post on a quit smoking forum how quitting cigarettes enables us to manifest other things. It was kind of spooky, but really cool. However, I want this to become something that doesn't knock my socks off when it happens, but is expected, while still remaining very grateful.
On my jog last night, I thought of how cool it would be if their were a website where people can document what they want to manifest, and update their posts with every new development, so here I am...
Look forward to meeting you all!!

knightofalbion 14-04-2012 10:22 PM

Welcome to the forum, dear Jeff.

manifestdestiny 14-04-2012 10:51 PM

Religion is spirituality is life, dear knightofalbion, not the hypocricy that is practiced so often in its name. Maybe you had a bad experience with it. I'm sorry. But it is my higher power which enables me to do all the "good" things you speak of, and without thinking highly of myself, but simply as an unprofitable servant doing what must be done. have you ever heard of Sanatana Dharma? It is religion beyond dogma, beyond rules and regulations and hypocricy. It is eternal religion. Perhaps you are unacquainted with that sort. To me religion is about the walk, not just the talk. But thanks for your .02 cents on my faith.

Wisa'ka 16-04-2012 09:42 AM

Welcome. That's some name you have there, manifestdestiny.

Lazarus72 16-04-2012 02:15 PM

Hi manifestdestiny, a big welcome to the forum from me. :hug3:

That's knight's sig btw, (anything below the line appears on all posts), so not directed at You personally. Easy mistake though. :smile:

Native spirit 16-04-2012 02:51 PM

:smile: Hey Manifestdestiny.

Welcome to Spiritual Forums

Namaste