Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

ajay00 21-05-2016 03:05 PM

Awareness is fire; it burns all that is wrong in you. It burns your ego. It burns your greed, it burns your possessiveness, it burns your jealousy - it burns all that is wrong and negative, and it enhances all that is beautiful, graceful, divine.

~ Osho

A human Being 25-05-2016 02:28 PM

'Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them.

Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.'

Rabindranath Tagore

Unseelie Queen 27-05-2016 03:24 PM

"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another, unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations."
- Anaïs Nin

"There are five qualities which are dangerous in the character of a general. If reckless, he can be killed; if cowardly, captured; if quick-tempered you can make a fool of him; if he has too delicate a sense of honor you can calumniate him; if he is of a compassionate nature you can harass him. The ruin of the army and the death of the general are inevitable results of these shortcomings. They must be deeply pondered."
-Sun Tzu

"We live in a world of unreality and dreams. To give up our imaginary position as the center, to renounce it, not only intellectually but in the imaginative part of our soul, that means to awaken to what is real and eternal, to see the true light and hear the true silence. A transformation then takes place at the very roots of our sensibility, in our immediate reception of sense impressions and psychological impressions. It is a transformation analogous to that which takes place in the dusk of evening on a road, where we suddenly discern as a tree what we had first seen as a stooping man; or where we suddenly recognize as a rustling of leaves what we thought at first was whispering voices. We see the same colors, we hear the same sounds, but not in the same way."
-Simone Weil

"You wanted to accept everything. So accept madness too. Let the light of your madness shine, and it will suddenly dawn on you. Madness is not to be despised and not to be feared, but instead you should give it life…If you want to find paths, you should also not spurn madness, since it makes up such a great part of your nature…Be glad that you can recognize it, for you will thus avoid becoming its victim. Madness is a special form of the spirit and clings to all teachings and philosophies, but even more to daily life, since life itself is full of craziness and at bottom utterly illogical. Man strives toward reason only so that he can make rules for himself. Life itself has no rules. That is its mystery and its unknown law. What you call knowledge is an attempt to impose something comprehensible on life."
—Carl Jung- Liber Novus/ The Red Book

Miss Hepburn 03-06-2016 02:40 PM

True love in every moment praises God.

~ Mechtild of Magdeburg

Miss Hepburn 04-06-2016 07:56 PM

I am not talking to you. Consciousness is talking to consciousness
about consciousness.
Who told you that Maharaj is talking to you? Your basis itself is wrong.

~ Nisargadatta Maharaj

Ilovecats 04-06-2016 09:55 PM

Close your eyes
Fall in Love
Stay there

~ Rumi

:hug3:

Miss Hepburn 04-06-2016 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovecats
Close your eyes
Fall in Love
Stay there

~ Rumi

:hug3:

Ok, now THAT is going to stay with me. :thumbsup:
I may get a tattoo of it.

BlueSky 04-06-2016 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ok, now THAT is going to stay with me. :thumbsup:
I may get a tattoo of it.

I really like that as well....

StrandedSnowMonkey 06-06-2016 05:39 PM

"When there is disappointment, I don't know if it's the end of the story.
But it may be just the beginning of a great adventure."

~ Pema Chodron

Unseelie Queen 07-06-2016 05:52 AM

"It is not quite as dark here as we thought. On the contrary, the interior is pulsating with light. It is, of course, the internal light of roots, a wandering phosphorescence, tiny veins of a light marbling the darkness, an evanescent shimmer of nightmarish substances. Likewise, when we sleep, severed from the world, straying into deep introversion, on a return journey into ourselves, we can see clearly through our closed eyelids, because thoughts are kindled in us by internal tapers and smolder erratically. This is how total regressions occur, retreats into self, journeys to the roots. This is how we branch out into anamnesis and are shaken by underground subcutaneous shivers. For it is only above ground, in the light of day, that we are a trembling, articulate bundle of tunes; in the depth we disintegrate again into black murmurs, confused purring, a multitude of unfinished stories."
— Bruno Schulz, “Spring,” from Sanatorium Under the Sign of the Hourglass, translated by Celina Wieniewska.

"I want a trouble-maker for a lover, blood spiller, blood drinker, a heart of flame, who quarrels with the sky and fights with fate, who burns like fire on the rushing sea."
— Rumi