Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Astrology (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   why do you believe in astrology? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140031)

traceyacey12 29-04-2021 12:06 AM

why do you believe in astrology?

hi everyone,

why do you believe in astrology?

iamthat 29-04-2021 08:36 PM

Why do I believe in astrology?

Firstly, I don't bother with daily horoscopes in newspapers.

But when you look at a birth chart in detail then it can be very revealing, even though my own skills at interpretation are limited. And understanding how current planetary transits relate to our charts can help us to understand the current influences in our lives.

Secondly, sceptics may dismiss the idea that heavenly bodies such as Jupiter or Neptune can influence us. They tend to consider the solar system as just physical matter. But when we consider the solar system as a scheme of connected interacting energies (and we too are part of that scheme), then it is apparent that the movement of the planets does have an effect on us.

And each planet is the body of a living Being, just as our Earth is. And those Beings express particular forces. Astrology is the interpretation of how these forces interact.

Of course I have questions. For example, Western astrology vs Vedic astrology. Two different systems based on two different principles for determining the positions of the Sun and the planets, giving two different charts. And yet both seem to work (when applied by a skilled astrologer).

An interesting subject.

Peace

traceyacey12 29-04-2021 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
But when you look at a birth chart in detail then it can be very revealing, even though my own skills at interpretation are limited....

interesting. thank you

FairyCrystal 29-04-2021 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
But when you look at a birth chart in detail then it can be very revealing, even though my own skills at interpretation are limited. And understanding how current planetary transits relate to our charts can help us to understand the current influences in our lives....

I agree with this. All planet have an energy, a vibration, and as such they have an effect on us and logically if they move or align etc. their energies shift and can have a different effect, stronger, weaker, nicer, whatever.

It just works, which is why I work with it, up to a point. When beyond my wheelhouse I may rely on others who know more.

And lastly, it is just fun! I like to investigate various avenues to find clarity or an answer. I never really stick to any one method as I feel you then easily limit yourself and/or exclude other good things.
That just isn't me.
And astrology is one of the things I may consult :)

traceyacey12 29-04-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I agree with this. All planet have an energy, a vibration, and as such they have an effect on us and logically if they move or align etc. their energies shift and can have a different effect, stronger, weaker, nicer, whatever....
:)

thanks for sharing :)

Aunt Bud 03-05-2021 06:22 PM

Its part of my step program. There is a reason Astrology is referred to as the Divine Science. It works.

AbodhiSky 03-05-2021 07:12 PM

i think it's funny when people make fun of my sign. there was a huge trend on twitter some weeks past telling everyone to not make babies at that time as it would result in more "scorpio's being in the world" was pretty funny what people were posting. meme's and all.

there's that thing about dating differently? so the dates are different with what is what? i think it is based on where the planets were when the charts were first developed or something? yea i'm not even sure what i am. i think depending on which i follow, i am either a scorpio or a libra.

Native spirit 03-05-2021 08:11 PM

I dont believe in Astrology it does nothing for me

Namaste

Miss Hepburn 03-05-2021 08:22 PM

If you notice...quotes have been shortened...as per Admins request.

Miss Hepburn 03-05-2021 08:26 PM

Those interested in the movement of the stars and their effect here would
find "A Star of Bethlehem' documentary very worthwhile.
(About way more than that famous 'star'.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exmbuX1NffU