Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   How to spread the word when people don’t believe (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137305)

sasha3 22-09-2020 08:32 PM

How to spread the word when people don’t believe

Hello. I was wondering how do you convince people to believe in Jesus Christ and go to church. I want to help people spread his word.

BigJohn 22-09-2020 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasha3
Hello. I was wondering how do you convince people to believe in Jesus Christ and go to church. I want to help people spread his word.

Good question.

Probably the first requirement is to understand the Bible so as to be able to explain it.

janielee 22-09-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Jesus's teachings seem to have gone quite skewed in recent history.

Rather than helping to spread the word, it would be far more beneficial to embody His Teachings; without Spirit, the Law and the Letter is weakened, imv.

The option to reflect and put his teachings in practice would be the one far more praiseworthy, and that which Jesus himself taught.

Jmv.

BigJohn 22-09-2020 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Good question.

Probably the first requirement is to understand the Bible so as to be able to explain it.

Probably the second requirement is to understand Jesus' role in fulfilling the Law and how that affects us today. Which leads up to that of the great prophecy fulfillments he talked about.

BigJohn 22-09-2020 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Probably the second requirement is to understand Jesus' role in fulfilling the Law and how that affects us today. Which leads up to that of the great prophecy fulfillments he talked about.

Probably the third requirement would be having the Holy Spirit, the helper, to help when you need assurances, etc.

Morpheus 22-09-2020 09:38 PM

Jesus did fulfill the Law. Then He gave Himself up as a sinner, for our sakes.

As well? Consider predestination, regarding the elect of God.

If you haven't already, see the 1999 movie, "The Matrix", regarding the true reality regarding the eternal, and timeless.

Molearner 22-09-2020 10:12 PM

Quote:

Sasha3,

Galatians 2:20....(in part)....”and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me”. If this applies to you your very aura will speak volumes.

sky 23-09-2020 06:45 AM

Quote:

Why do you want to convince people to believe and why does going to Church help one to believe ?

sky 23-09-2020 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molearner
Sasha3,

Galatians 2:20....(in part)....”and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me”. If this applies to you your very aura will speak volumes.

:icon_cheers: perfect....

sky 23-09-2020 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janielee
Jesus's teachings seem to have gone quite skewed in recent history.

Rather than helping to spread the word, it would be far more beneficial to embody His Teachings; without Spirit, the Law and the Letter is weakened, imv.

The option to reflect and put his teachings in practice would be the one far more praiseworthy, and that which Jesus himself taught.

Jmv.

Excellent... Actions speak louder than words :smile: