Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Signs & Synchronicities (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Black Feather (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136556)

Shalimar 06-08-2020 04:07 PM

Black Feather

Few weeks ago, I was walking my dog and suddenly I looked down (i usually look up as i walk surrounded by nature) and saw a black feather. Didn't like it.

About 1 or 2 weeks after that (I forgot this time to write it in my journal), I found out that one of my uncle, whom I don't hear from often as he lives in another country, had suddenly died.

Looks like that black feather was there to warn me about it before hand.

Are black feathers known to be a message of death? If so, do they have other meanings or just that?

Thanks for your input :smile:

Gemini46 07-08-2020 02:43 PM

Oh geez, I just found a black feather a week or two ago while I was in the yard with my dog too. I'm not going to jinx it though

Gemini46 07-08-2020 02:47 PM

I am sorry about your uncle, I was going to say that first but caught up in the feather synchronicity atm.

a little skeptical at first too. I decided it was a good omen though sooooo we will see. I did have some pretty scary experiences while I was in a trance like state...so maybe that was it hopefully? I also got stung by a bee yesterday.

Ciona 07-08-2020 07:52 PM

I found a black feather last summer and I rejoiced in mine. It was the first of many different feathers to come my way after that.

BigJohn 09-08-2020 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalimar
Few weeks ago, I was walking my dog and suddenly I looked down (i usually look up as i walk surrounded by nature) and saw a black feather. Didn't like it.

About 1 or 2 weeks after that (I forgot this time to write it in my journal), I found out that one of my uncle, whom I don't hear from often as he lives in another country, had suddenly died.

Looks like that black feather was there to warn me about it before hand.

Are black feathers known to be a message of death? If so, do they have other meanings or just that?

Thanks for your input :smile:

The meaning or message from a black feather can be understood thru your own belief system. It looks like you found out what the message was all about.

Because people have different belief systems, the meanings obviously would be different for each person.

Elfin 09-08-2020 12:31 PM

Oh dear me..... Yes maybe a message initially.... But black feathers are also a symbol of love...as are white feathers ..... There is nothing to fear from black feathers .... I am so sorry for your loss.... The black feather serves as a reminder of the loss ...and comfort too....

Shalimar 11-08-2020 06:34 PM

Thank you all for your responses and what you shared :hug3:

Quote:

Big John: "The meaning or message from a black feather can be understood thru your own belief system."

yep, that makes sense. We are influenced by our culture and upbringing. Some symbols seem to be universal but others are different in diverse countries.