Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ayurveda (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   natural remedies for cough and cold (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133207)

kumardevvd 28-12-2019 06:45 PM

natural remedies for cough and cold

There are actually many ways to cure cough, naturally. I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways on how to cure ‘cough’.
I’ve tried many different ways to cure this

Tobi 07-01-2020 11:26 PM

Please be very watchful and careful with "coughs". It is possible to have "walking pneumonia" -to be quite seriously ill, and not realise it.

As a good rule of thumb, if there's any fever which continues with the cough, it's best to visit a doctor.

There are herbs which would help with this, or any cough. But it's wise to get a diagnosis first.

Immune herbs such as Echinacea angustifolia, Astragalus, and Androgaphis.
And symptomatic herbs such as Angelica root, coltsfoot, mouse ear, liquorice....etc.
But before trying any herbs check that they are suitable for you to take, as it is possible for allergic reactions to occur, or to take the wrong herb (a cough suppressant, for example, when coughing up phlegm is advised.)...or to have a pre-existing condition when a certain herb is inadvisable.

A qualified medical herbalist would help.

inavalan 07-01-2020 11:33 PM

Cough can sometimes be a side-effect of a medicine.

MDBdivinity 15-05-2020 08:20 AM

Ashwagandha for energy
or clean hair with Shikakai

BigJohn 31-10-2020 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kumardevvd
There are actually many ways to cure cough, naturally. I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways on how to cure ‘cough’.
I’ve tried many different ways to cure this

I used to collect Rose Hips and turn it into a syrup for cold prevention and as a cough suppressor syrup.

johnpery 14-04-2022 11:38 AM

Stay hydrated. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water with honey helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration.
Rest. Your body needs rest to heal.
Soothe a sore throat
Combat stuffines
Relieve pain.

Izz 29-04-2022 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnpery
Stay hydrated. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water with honey helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration.

Thanks for sharing that

utopiandreamchild 17-05-2022 05:13 AM

Lemon and honey in hot water.
utopia

Deidre 31-05-2022 02:45 AM

I've been drinking 3-4 cups of herbal tea daily, and I've been reading a lot lately on Ayurveda practices for good health and another tip is to drink warm water instead of cold. When I wake up in the mornings, I've been turning to a glass of warm (a little hotter than lukewarm) instead of cold as it's supposed to keep you from getting colds, coughs, etc. Give this a try too, it may help :)

crystaladdict99 10-07-2022 06:55 AM

Tea with honey or hot milk are great options.