Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Meditation question/answer (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140987)

Gem 27-07-2021 08:37 AM

Meditation question/answer

Hi. Crazy idea, but maybe people who are wondering might ask questions and people who want to can answer them.

I have had a pretty balanced meditation 'career'. I never had any questions. Teacher would give me instructions, and I'd just do that. Then I refined it over time. When I wonder about something and feel curious, it seems to sort itself out in time, so I never had a need to ask questions. Basically, if I see questioning arising in my mind, I tend to go, 'Just thoughts,' and keep watching the actuality of my real-lived experience.

No doubt I have had people tell me what's what, but in that case I have no reason to believe them. Usually I can't make sense of what they say so I just leave it aside and continue my way. I was traditionally trained, and I think trained properly, and the guidance is valuable.

When someone answers you or tells you something, don't assume they know what they're talking about. Think analytically and discern if it is sensible and explained well enough that you can discern for yourself if it makes sense. We all want some 'wonderful' experience and it is easy to chase false hopes and promises down the garden path of craving and temptation, so best to know what is going on with honest self awareness.

That's all I can say. Just ask whatever you wonder about and someone will answer.

Unseeking Seeker 28-07-2021 06:37 AM

Hello Gem!

If you’d notice, invariably each follows his or her own ‘path’. Opinions are shared because we wish to pair, as a natural outpouring but it’s as said, an open secret, hidden in plain sight, immediate & intimate, yet invisible.

Path any, contemplation (self-inquiry), meditation (stillness, silence), Bhakti (prayer), energy (tantra), satsang (celebration), the common factor is surrender of doership (trust, acceptance), melding of head with heart (cessation), recognition of underlying oneness, choosing to prioritise internalising attention, moment to moment, all moments entwined.

Gem 28-07-2021 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Path any,

...Then there's being led down 'the garden path'.

sky 28-07-2021 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
...Then there's being led down 'the garden path'.

Now that is something really dangerous. Mybe these participants were lead down the garden path.....

Ex Goenka Practitioners Survivors Groups.....

Gem 28-07-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
really dangerous. lead down the garden path.....

Hencewhy, paragraph 4 in the OP

Unseeking Seeker 28-07-2021 09:21 AM

The rabbit hole of dropping desire & aversion goes in deep …