Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Your Favorite Color (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42362)

Dawn 28-10-2012 12:55 AM

Your Favorite Color

I've been thinking about this one for a while.

Almost everyone has a favorite color or colors. They find themselves inexplicably drawn to / favoring one or two colors over the others. Like, for me example, my main favorite color is blue, but I'm also attracted to silver (not that I want to wear silver, but I find it attractive as a color).

Over the years I've been curious and went searching for the answers to these questions. What do colors in the aura mean? What does your favorite color say about you? Etc. etc. etc.
Now I'm at the point where I'm asking this question. WHY do so many of us find ourselves drawn to a particular color? Were these physical forms born under a specific spectrum of spiritual light / energy? What is the purpose behind it?
I mean, yes, sure, it probably comes off sounding like a ditzy question to ask, muchless to be wondering about, but... really.
WHY do we find ourselves drawn to a single dominant / preferred color? Any ideas? I'm curious to read what you want to share about this.

Henri77 28-10-2012 01:43 AM

"Blue indicates love of celestial truth"

just found this as well, to illustrate diverse interpretations worldwide.

In Chinese culture, colors corresponded with the five primary elements, the directions, and the four seasons. Blue was associated with wood, east, and spring.

Blue, blue-green, and green are sacred colors in Iran, where they symbolize paradise.

In India, paintings of the god Krishna often depict him as having blue skin.

In Mexico, blue is the color of mourning.

In Aztec culture, blue symbolized sacrifice.

In Greece, the color blue is believed to ward off "the evil eye."

As a red head it's flattering, so I tend to wear that a lot.... but it's also a peaceful color and that suits me.

Love of truth specially in my youth was very evident....seeking truth

Henri77 28-10-2012 01:47 AM

Good topic, I'll be curious what others share, as I know little about this.

My teacher saw very dark blue, almost black, as the color of truth.

Elfay 28-10-2012 01:57 AM

Interesting topic, its funny for years I use to have a favorite color but as of late I don't but was drawn to the color pink for months and wore it often, now its more purple and blues ... but I can't say I have a favorite color.

Bodhi_Spirit 28-10-2012 02:03 AM

lol blue and silver are my two favorite colors also. I really have no idea why though?

TGPK 28-10-2012 02:04 AM

... They're all good... even the ones not in this dimension.

Dawn 28-10-2012 03:38 AM

Henry77, Elfay, Izzaga, TGPK, thanks for your thoughts on this one.

Henry77, thanks for sharing but...erh... you're describing what other places hold as a meaning for the colors. Not that I'm not appreciative, but I'm wondering why people are drawn to them to begin with.

Elfay, that's really curious. This is just my 2 cent's worth here, maybe your drawn to colors is more of an aura / energy thing and why you don't find yourself dominantly drawn to one particular color over your whole life?
I've heard it talked about here and there that for some people, (and one woman I knew, lovely lady) they are sensitive to colors and are often drawn to wearing a particular color or colors because it'll, in a sense, feed them or rejuvenate them with that color's energy. Such as blue can help to calm, yellow helps to perk up, red or deep red helps the appetitie (heard it talked about on tv that some restaurants actually color their walls deep red because studies have shown that "Red is often used in restaurant decorating schemes because it is an appetite stimulant."), so on and so forth.
Not saying I'm right about it, but defiantely some food for thought.

Izzyga, awesomeness!
Short version is, from having looked into color research a bit myself, blue is a soothing color while silver is spiritual. (You can easily do a google search for spiritual color meaning and come up with a whole slew of different sites that tell you pretty much the same stuff about colors.)
What gets me is how right a bunch of the descriptions are for those two colors with my own personality.

TGPK, indeed.

Henri77 28-10-2012 04:13 AM

Why?
It's a reflection of who we are, how we feel or want to feel.

blue
I've always sought truth, as a kid I was contemplative, studied philosophy in college, am here at SF. Blue induces peace- enhancing contemplation.
THIS shade is a bit electric but less boring than navy text.

It's a soothing yet an energizing color in some hues, like this text.... and this suits me.

I never wear red, yellow, rarely ever black, only occasionally certain greens.

Tan is ok but boring.

I wear red socks only when ill and need the healing energy.

Bought soft pink tee shirts to enhance love, when in public.

But I mostly wear blue, white..... just feels right

I love purple-violet but rarely wear it, as it looks odd with my skin tone-hair. Had a muted purple scarf I loved as it enhanced that in my aura, around people,

My ex bought some fire red folding kitchen chairs and I insisted we exchange 'em for white, as i couldn't sit on red or even look at 'em, without getting very edgy.... she didn't wear red but thought they looked colorful.

My very fave outfit is faded blue jeans & blue Levi jacket, white tee shirt.

Elfay 28-10-2012 04:43 AM

Yes its an aura thing with me. I knew it when I wrote what I did but didn't want to explain it but that's what its all about with me. I usually dress what my aura colors are, not intentially but as it turns out that's the color of my aura. I pretty much like all colors, drawn to most but favore
none. Certain colors wil either compliment my aura/energy or totally clash with it making me feel pretty blah. I don't always read my own aura.

Rin 28-10-2012 04:55 AM

Ochre ........

Dawn 28-10-2012 06:29 AM

Rin ~*gently points up to my first post*~
"WHY do we find ourselves drawn to a single dominant / preferred color?"
Any thoughts you'd like to share on that question?

alamode 28-10-2012 06:30 AM

My very first favorite color as a child was green. I remember thinking that everything looks so much better with green and if everything had to just have one color added to it, it should be green. I was probably 3-4 years old. I really loved green and my green blanket that I had. My favorite color now is pink though, mostly for clothing purposes. I don't wear a lot of green.

Henri77 29-10-2012 03:11 AM

Why do we like chocolate, spring weather, kisses .... it makes us feel good, feels right.

Some love black, some don't....i feel it drains me or blocks energy

is there a personality type for a specific color//good question.... or is it a reflection of our aura (wouldn't surprise me)

sesheta 29-10-2012 03:56 AM

Good question!! I've never really thought about "why" I prefer certain colours!

My personal favorite colours are:

Black - I find it oddly soothing and protective.
Purple - almost all shades- from pale lilac, to deep amethyst - I guess it has always made me feel peaceful (the 2 houses I have owned in my life, the living room in both were painted a pale lilac...)
Red - Feels empowering, energizing (maybe because I'm a Sagittarius, which is a fire sign!!)
Bright sky blue - This colour lifts my spirits, makes me feel....hopeful???

iolite 29-10-2012 02:36 PM

I have always been drawn to green even as a child. I like most shades of green, but deep dark forest green is one of my favorite shades of green.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alamode
My very first favorite color as a child was green. I remember thinking that everything looks so much better with green and if everything had to just have one color added to it, it should be green. I was probably 3-4 years old. I really loved green and my green blanket that I had. My favorite color now is pink though, mostly for clothing purposes. I don't wear a lot of green.

Bluegreen 29-10-2012 05:57 PM

This is an interesting link where people are divided into "four season types".
http://mkplcl.hubpages.com/hub/DISCOVER-YOUR-COLORS-I

I am a winter type and always wear cool colours. My favourite colour is an electric blue-green but I wear most shades of green (except lemony green) and blue (except petrol wich is grey-blue).

This link contains a study of the psychological effects of colours.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_psychology

Blue keeps flies away.

Then there are the auric colours. There are many sites on the internet about the colours of the aura. One site mentioned that people with a lot of blue may have dental problems.

DoctorStrange 29-10-2012 06:48 PM

I've always liked white, because white is clean!

Gracey 29-10-2012 06:53 PM

i like yellow. why? it makes me feel happy.

Jade F^lcon 30-10-2012 06:24 AM

I love a deep forest green. I think one reason is its the color of most of the males eyes in my family as well as my own, also I find it calming and rejuvenating. I also love crimson red. This color makes me feel bold and powerful.

heartsmart 30-10-2012 07:29 AM

Well there was a period in my life where I needed to be more grounded and actually I remember being drawn to the colour brown at the time.
Now I really like purple and pink too.

Blaze 02-11-2012 05:05 AM

Black & Blue

NIRVANA 02-11-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn

Almost everyone has a favorite color or colors. They find themselves inexplicably drawn to / favoring one or two colors over the others. Like, for me example, my main favorite color is blue, but I'm also attracted to silver (not that I want to wear silver, but I find it attractive as a color).

Over the years I've been curious and went searching for the answers to these questions. What do colors in the aura mean? What does your favorite color say about you? Etc. etc. etc.
Now I'm at the point where I'm asking this question. WHY do so many of us find ourselves drawn to a particular color? Were these physical forms born under a specific spectrum of spiritual light / energy? What is the purpose behind it?
I mean, yes, sure, it probably comes off sounding like a ditzy question to ask, muchless to be wondering about, but... really.
WHY do we find ourselves drawn to a single dominant / preferred color? Any ideas? I'm curious to read what you want to share about this.

Mines always been red.

Pinkroses 02-11-2012 01:49 PM

I've always loved purple and blue. To me, they are "calm" colors. Blue especially makes me feel more relaxed and peaceful. I also love lakes and oceans, which often appear blue and are very calming as well. I guess I am drawn to colors that give me a sense of inner peace.

As far as decorating, my house is mostly earth tones -- white, tan, green. And, of course, a little bit of blue and purple. I like to create an environment that feels natural and soothing.

onetruebeliever 02-11-2012 02:02 PM

Yellow and blue.

Lynn 02-11-2012 04:33 PM

Hello

I can not say I have one colour that I would say is a favorite. I do have colours that call out louder on certain levels. I have often wondered if the colour we are most drawn to is one that we were introduced to early on as an infant.

I often choose the colour top I will wear depending on what the day might well hold for me. I like Pink but I find that many of the tops in it are too poofy and that is not me style. Yet its a colour I am very drawn to as it feels calming and emotionally grounding.

Lynn

venturer 22-01-2014 12:51 AM

Nobody has posted in this thread in a while so I though I would rejuvenate it as I have become very interested in colours.

My favourite colour has been blue for as long as I can remember. When I began meditating regularly I started straying more towards aqua blue. Recently I have started liking indigo and purple a lot.
I like to wear faded blue jeans and I have loads of plain white tshirts. They are almost all I wear lol. They always make me feel fresh and cleansed when I put them on. I like blue trainers. I don't like red and never wear it. I am fond of orange also.

Adept 22-01-2014 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn

Just like almost every view, if you try hard enough you can trace the path of how a color became your favorite. Picking a color is far less importan culturally than, say, morals or beliefs, so it's harder than going back and saying "oh, I believe this because it's what I was taught".

For example, my favorite color is green. I've always liked snakes and been interested in serpents since a kid, being raised Jewish didn't help. I remember how Moses changed his staff into a serpent, how the serpent in Eden tricked Eve, etc. I also have always had a thing for large monster and anti heroes. Seems random but it all connects; green is my favorite color because of the Harry Potter movies. Lol, I'm not even a big fan. However, Slytherine was green and black, and they were serpentine, not to mention Severus Snape was my favorite character and I thought the Basilisk was awesome. So all this got connected and my favorite color became green.

Previously it ha been blue. The walls in my room growing up were blue... Not shock.

pdizzle45 22-01-2014 06:10 AM

purple is my favorite at the moment

RedEmbers 22-01-2014 06:51 AM

Hello lovely Dawn :)

Emerald Green has always been my dominant colour- and it's usually the most dominant colour of my aura- it was the colour coming into and going out of my life- it's a very healing colour- emerald heart :D
After that I am really drawn to red ocre- which is more like an earthy orange- I am obsessed with red dirt- I sometimes collect it in jars lol! Orange sunsets. . . Red dirt -Green trees- now I'm feeling all sentimental haha!
I'm an earth sign so it's no surprise that I love earthy colours-
If I was abducted and taken to a planet with no green- I think I'd go into grieving!
Although most people go through phases- at the moment yellow and ocean aqua are beautiful to me - the colours of summer love haha
But most people ways have dominat colours as you say- and I reckon that they seem to be a reflection of their dominant energy :) all the other passing faves (In my experiance) are colours that I have needed at a particular time to heal particular issues-
Good topic :)

Who's next?!

Why did you make me choose one colour dawn?! -

RedEmbers 22-01-2014 06:54 AM

Dawn- come back :(

Sammy 22-01-2014 02:11 PM

I LOVE EVERY COLOR!! Which turns out is black... LOVE IT :D

12meadows 22-01-2014 02:49 PM

green has been my favorite color for a long time. it is the color of grass and trees and being outside. it makes me think of having my bare feet on the ground and smelling flowers. it brings me sunshine when none is available. :)

Lynn 22-01-2014 02:53 PM

Hello

Looking at the pretty colours of the Froot Loops in the bowl.....

Green, Pink, Yellow, Purple and Orange....with the lovely white background of milk.

Had to laugh at the box "now with fiber" what they never did a thing for you before....?

Lynn

Lilyth Von Gore 22-01-2014 03:55 PM

Blue, black, red, purple, I love all those colours.

Eudaimonist 22-01-2014 04:57 PM

The color that has most impressed me is a rich blue-violet that one might find in a Tanzanite of exceptional quality.

eudaimonia,

Mark

cally33 22-01-2014 07:35 PM

My favourite colours for past 20 years are lavender and purple. more recently i've adopted turquoise (blue not green) and red into my favourites. all make me feel good and its like I wear them instinctively when I need them :-) no idea what draws us to them though

LawOfAttraction 28-01-2014 10:43 AM

Purple and Blue are my fav colors now. I used to love yellow when I was a kid.

r6r6 07-02-2014 02:06 PM

Red, Green( yelow ), Blue

Red--- firey aggressive charged ----

Green

blue--- calming passive --- are the 3 primary colors the only three used in tv sets-- at least older models ---to create all colors. RGB

Artists change out green for yellow. RYB , and is reminiscent of DNA's a-g, c and thymine being switched out for uracil in RNA.

red is longest wave( frequency ) color and close to the near end of infra-red radiation.

Green is in the middle of color frequencies. I am a middle child and I've been fond of emeral-green most of my life. That began with mystery orient / asia green eyes or whatever strange and mysterious jade monkeys INdidana Jones type scenaros etc....

Blue is shorterest wave( frequency ) of the 3 primary colors. Funny how a higher frequency--- ergo higher energy ---is associated with more calming effects.

I htought for sure that I once read that gravity was more enhanced in blue enironment but have never found any such information again.

r6

Celesia 07-02-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorful-Chameleon

Emerald Green has always been my dominant colour

Agreed. :D

There is no color that I dislike, but emerald green takes first on my list. I think it's because of the way it makes me feel: grounded, comforted, happy, serene. :smile: I have quite a few plants in my house and constantly add more so I have more green around me! Funnily enough, I'm a fire sign. Go figure. :tongue:

Augustinus 12-02-2014 10:18 AM

I like the color which frostbite is for some strange reason.