Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritualism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   🤓HISTORY OF SPIRITUALISM🤓 (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=140866)

BigJohn 02-05-2022 02:02 PM

............ and the Fox Sisters and Mother did not believe in Reincarnation.

hazada guess 02-05-2022 02:07 PM

...............But it's open for discussion, like all things Spiritual.:biggrin:

bobjob 02-05-2022 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazada guess
Swedenborg first talked about Spiritualism in the 1700's .....

Did Spiritualism actually exist under that name in the 1700s? :confused: I know of it only from the time it emerged recently when - as you mentioned - the Hydesville events took place, later leading to what became the movement, religion and philosophy known as Modern Spiritualism.

I did suggest I was an ignoramus!

bobjob 02-05-2022 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Proof of reincarnation can indeed be challenging as there are alternate explanations for phenomena presented as proofs of reincarnation.

It's all-but-impossible to prove reincarnation happens just as it's all-but-impossible to prove we survive beyond the death of our body. But there is an abundance of evidence that we do survive death when those we know and love return to reassure us they're very much alive and well.

Despite all the evidence, some individuals may never accept even survival and evidence of apparent reincarnation may be less persuasive. It's hard to rule out the possibility that details apparently experienced and seemingly remembered may be being communicated by an overshadowing spirit.

Whatever the truth of the situation - and despite my being a Spiritualist - I am totally persuaded that reincarnation is available for all but not compulsory for any. blessings :hug3:

Native spirit 02-05-2022 07:20 PM

What you say is correct some people wont or don't want to believe in Reincarnation.
But I know its true I have lived many life times and i can remember a lot of them.

When my son was about 6 he went on a school trip they went to a Stately Home not far from here. he wouldn't go into the House. He said I used to work here before i used to clean shoes for the people who lived in the house.
and they used to hit us.

About 2 years before i had my youngest child I had an Ectopic pregnancy I was one minute away from Death when i finally went to surgery,
a few months later i miscarried and I knew that i should not have miscarried,
a few months later I found I was Expecting again.
When I had my daughter the surgeon came to see me and he told me I have never seen anything like it, it is a miracle that she was Born.

When she was 18 months old she said to me I should have been born before but i had a different name. but i had to go back but now im back as me.
she told me the name that she was given.
so yes Reincarnation does Exist.


Namaste

Still_Waters 02-05-2022 08:01 PM

QUOTE 134 EXCERPT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobjob
It's all-but-impossible to prove reincarnation happens just as it's all-but-impossible to prove we survive beyond the death of our body. But there is an abundance of evidence that we do survive death when those we know and love return to reassure us they're very much alive and well.

It is also my understanding that one's non-physical essence does survive in some way after physical death.

bobjob 02-05-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
It is also my understanding that one's non-physical essence does survive in some way after physical death.

Wouldn't that be a pre-requisite for reincarnation?

hazada guess 03-05-2022 06:50 AM

Thank you Nativespirit for your post regarding Reincarnation.it puts my mind to rest.(I truly believe in Reincarnation of some sort) and bobjob,I dont think Spiritualism had a proper name when Swedenborg mentioned it in the 1700's,it was only when it came to light in later years.

bobjob 03-05-2022 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hazada guess
.........and bobjob,I dont think Spiritualism had a proper name when Swedenborg mentioned it in the 1700's,it was only when it came to light in later years.

It's as I suspected then. I don't know what he wrote about as I'm not a historian but it seems it wasn't about Spiritualism as it didn't exist in any constituted form.

hazada guess 03-05-2022 10:56 AM

Spiritualism has always existed, but it was late being discovered.:biggrin:


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums