Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Quotes & Stories (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes from the Masters and Teachers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=48806)

Clover 26-08-2018 02:34 PM

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

― J.K. Rowling

"Do one thing every day that scares you." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

( mmm, maybe at least once a week :biggrin: )

A human Being 28-08-2018 11:38 AM

'The authentic self is the soul made visible' - Sarah Ban Breathnach

'You can't get to courage without walking through vulnerability' - Brene Brown
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover
( mmm, maybe at least once a week :biggrin: )

Let's call it once a month? :redface: :D

Clover 28-08-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A human Being
'The authentic self is the soul made visible' - Sarah Ban Breathnach

'You can't get to courage without walking through vulnerability' - Brene Brown

Let's call it once a month? :redface: :D

Haha. yeah good call. I would even stretch it more and say a couple times out of the year even LOL. I like stepping out of my comfort zone tho, which is why I posted it. Confronting fear can be very life changing me feels *nods* :icon_profileleft: .

Miss Hepburn 28-08-2018 03:38 PM

Take me or do not take me.
Both are the same.

-Rumi

A human Being 28-08-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover
Haha. yeah good call. I would even stretch it more and say a couple times out of the year even LOL. I like stepping out of my comfort zone tho, which is why I posted it. Confronting fear can be very life changing me feels *nods* :icon_profileleft: .

Once a decade it is! Haha no just kidding of course, and you're right - a life lived in fear is scarcely a life at all :/

Another quote while I'm here, one that's been in my mind a lot recently (courtesy of an obscure Jewish fellow, Jesse something-or-other if I remember rightly):

'But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.'

7luminaries 28-08-2018 08:37 PM

This page of quotes (Harry Potter, Eleanor Roosevelt, Rumi, the prophets, and some others too) gets a huge thumbs up from me :D

Eleanor...finally, someone who gets me :D Sometimes, I question my common sense but TBH I think it's nearly always better to be courageous and generous in spirit...as they go hand-in-hand.
Quote:

When you take back your power and choose to see the possibilities for healing and transformation, your creativity awakens and flows to become an active force of renewal and encouragement in the world.

In this way, even in your own hidden life, you can become a powerful agent of transformation in a broken, darkened world.

-- John O'Donohue

Peace & blessings all :hug3:
7L

Ashok 29-08-2018 12:00 PM

But it binds you to past. To go ahead you need to capture the moment and make best of it by remembering almighty .

Ashok 29-08-2018 12:02 PM

Just as "Like me or not Like me". If you like me i am in your heart, if you dont then i am in your mind.

ocean breeze 01-09-2018 06:44 AM

You see, people usually imagine that so-called enlightenment, self-realization, God-realization or what you will, is something ecstatic, that you will be permanently happy, in a blissful state all the time. These are the images they have of those people. There's no relationship at all between the image you have of that, and what actually is the situation. That's why i very often tell people, "If i could give you some glimpse of what this is all about, you wouldn't touch this with a barge pole, a ten foot pole." You would run away from this because this is not what you want. What you want does not exist, you see. - U.G. Krishnamurti

Rah nam 01-09-2018 07:45 AM

When society changes
from its natural state of flux,
to that which seems like chaos,
the inner world of the superior man
remains uncluttered and at peace.
By remaining still, his self detached,
he aids society in its return
to the way of nature and of peace.
The value of his insight may be clearly seen
when chaos ceases.
Lao-Tzu