Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Hypnosis (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Problems during self-hypnosis (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=141345)

CobaltFortune 31-08-2021 07:57 PM

Problems during self-hypnosis

So every time I try to get into audio hypnosis (and mind awake body asleep training) my thoughts always seem to drift out of focus. But it’s not just any thoughts I can handle, it’s memories that I still hold resentments to, and this even occurs when I’m not even trying to remember anything. It makes it hard to relax compared to other intrusive/wandering thoughts. Does anyone know what this problem is and how to fix it?

asearcher 07-09-2021 01:48 AM

Hi I have edited my answer because it became one long novel, so sorry about that. My short answer is that my guess it is your subcounscious. You have to run through it even if you feel like rejecting it. I finally found my answers to why I kept having one of those bad ones play out and because I worked through it it don't show up no more.
Sorry you got those bad ones, hope it will pass for you soon, once you figure it out (and not be as slow as I have been, LOL).

Guillaume 07-09-2021 04:59 PM

Welcome CobaltFortune!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobaltFortune
Does anyone know what this problem is and how to fix it?

That's 100% normal :)
Even if we don't have any problem, our mind works just like that, we have random thoughts coming all the time.
There are now countless guided hypnosis sessions available for free on the internet, I would recommend to try many and see which ones work best for you. You may be more receptive to certain techniques, or people.
Then I think you'll be more able to go under hypnosis by yourself.

Traveler 08-09-2021 01:00 PM

Are you playing a soundtrack for your audio hypnosis?

CobaltFortune 08-09-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler
Are you playing a soundtrack for your audio hypnosis?

No, this is more like background music

Traveler 09-09-2021 02:37 AM

Quote:

No, this is more like background music

Ok. I'm guessing these emotions have been brought forward for you to process them and let them go. I've had energy healing before that caused me to just start crying. No clue as to why I was crying but our bodies can hold on to emotions.

smilingsun 30-01-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

But it’s not just any thoughts I can handle, it’s memories that I still hold resentments to, and this even occurs when...

Hi Cobalt,

I will give you my opinion, and of course take it only if it resonates with you and if it seems helpful for you.

If you still have unpleasant memories with resentments, maybe your subconsious is trying to show you things that you still need to accept, love, and forgive. I would say forgiveness, acceptance, love, letting go could be helpful. Some or many people use Hooponopono technique to forgive and heal some experience. It's very simple and you can find how to do it on the internet.

lostsoul13 22-02-2022 08:23 PM

Your probably dealing with trauma and it’s healing while your in these states- I enjoy these states also- often before going to bed- ‘nothingness’ I call it.. I just fall asleep without knowing it, that state really interesting to me also when I wake up- I can’t put a finger on it… I’ve tried chasing it but it seems to have a mind of its own.. I can’t get over how quickly time is unless your where the ‘let’ wants you to be- and the observer of it slows down??’same type of state- it’s interesting!!!