Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Islam Faith (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   ALLAH CALLIGRAPHY (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138143)

BigJohn 03-12-2020 07:07 AM

ALLAH CALLIGRAPHY

Here is some calligraphy of Allah in Arabic.

inavalan 03-12-2020 07:16 PM

Fascinating ... what does it mean? Does the 8 time repetition have any significance?

BigJohn 03-12-2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
Fascinating ... what does it mean? Does the 8 time repetition have any significance?

THANKS FOR ASKING

It is pronounced pretty close (transliterated) as Allah which means God.

inavalan 03-12-2020 09:35 PM

Thanks .

inavalan 04-12-2020 04:56 AM

If you don't mind, I found this:
The name "Allah" is made of four letters in Arabic, ا ل ل ه (or Alif Lam Lam Ha, from right to left, A-L-L-H), which when brought together make الله.
How do you get from ا ل ل ه to الله ?

inavalan 04-12-2020 05:23 AM

BigJohn 16-01-2021 07:21 AM

Quote:

You did it!

I like the way you presented how the letters are actually written.... right to left.

inavalan 16-01-2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
You did it!

I like the way you presented how the letters are actually written.... right to left.

I just looked it up. I can't take any credit. :smile:

Calligraphy is nice! Even more so these days when people write so carelessly.

razhiel 14-02-2021 05:17 PM

Quote:

If you don't mind, I found this:
The name "Allah" is made of four letters in Arabic, ا ل ل ه (or Alif Lam Lam Ha, from right to left, A-L-L-H), which when brought together make الله.
How do you get from ا ل ل ه to الله ?

This question requires knowing Arabic to answer... ^^"
I know a little bit of Arabic (really little!), but I know the "w" means the consonant it is on is repeated, so in this case, it means "ل" is repeated. You can see a straight line above "w", and it signifies "ā".

You may realise that this writing system has an emphasis of consonants instead of vowels. It is because in Semitic languages three consonants together usually form the root of a word, which is the most important, and by changing the vowels between the consonants, one can generate a bunch of words that are related to that root. This is an example from the "Semitic languages" page of Wikipedia: 'the root meaning "write" has the form k-t-b. From this root, words are formed by filling in the vowels and sometimes adding additional consonants, e.g. كتاب kitāb "book", كتب kutub "books", كاتب kātib "writer", كتّاب kuttāb "writers", كتب kataba "he wrote", يكتب yaktubu "he writes", etc.'

inavalan 14-02-2021 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razhiel
This question requires knowing Arabic to answer... ^^"
I know a little bit of Arabic (really little!), but I know the "w" means the consonant it is on is repeated, so in this case, it means "ل" is repeated. You can see a straight line above "w", and it signifies "ā".

You may realise that this writing system has an emphasis of consonants instead of vowels. It is because in Semitic languages three consonants together usually form the root of a word, which is the most important, and by changing the vowels between the consonants, one can generate a bunch of words that are related to that root. This is an example from the "Semitic languages" page of Wikipedia: 'the root meaning "write" has the form k-t-b. From this root, words are formed by filling in the vowels and sometimes adding additional consonants, e.g. كتاب kitāb "book", كتب kutub "books", كاتب kātib "writer", كتّاب kuttāb "writers", كتب kataba "he wrote", يكتب yaktubu "he writes", etc.'

Thank you. Very informative! :smile: