Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Paganism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Satanism? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=108112)

Being 26-11-2016 08:56 AM

Satanism?

Hope that this is in the right place.

i'm very interested in studying all forms of spirituality.

i have looked into a lot of Theosophy, Alice Bailey, Magick, Western Esotericism, Luciferian, Ancient Druidic, Egyptian/Heliopitian, Shamanic, Alchemical, Hermetic, Secret Societies, comparative religion & many aspects of Esoteric (for the few) & Occult (Hidden Teachings). i practise Reiki/Energy Healing.

To many Christians whom i have got into some discussion with & their views on these areas is that a lot of it is Satanic. i have had a lot of talk & judgement that i'm possessed by demons, a Satanist & going to hell.

i'm Not a Christian in any exoteric sense, & i don't agree with a lot of it. imo the Devil/Satan does Not exist. Lucifer is an entirely different Being to the Devil, & i only see the Being of Lucifer in symbolic & mythological terms.

i don't consider myself a Satanist, although to a lot of Christians i probably am. Have other people here come across all this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

H:O:R:A:C:E 26-11-2016 11:59 AM

Quote:

Being: Have other people here come across all this?
i have a concern that you may face a "witch-hunt" at some point in time.
the intolerant energies you've encountered may become emboldened and
decide that they wish to purge all non-compliant thinkers.
i do not wish for this to happen, but it could.
i suggest that you take steps to ensure that it doesn't, or to minimize the
effects of it if it should occur.
1- seek peace at all times. don't let your interests become a cause for
distress in others. let it be known that you seek a peaceful existence.
2- imagine that your spiritual inquiries are as a gentle flower... only open
your blossom to receiving loving light. [don't require that everyone should
give blessings to your flower -- shield it from hostile energies].
3- blessed be

Being 26-11-2016 12:04 PM

Thank you for the wise advice.

MaryMagdaQueenofQueens 26-11-2016 02:55 PM

I do not believe in the Satan or devil as a real entity, instead i see it as a dynamic of man, or energy type. Consciousness.
Alice bailey wrote some amazing things, and reiki is a beautiful thing.
I am pretty much A person who follows their own drum. I think the bible is a beautiful book as what alice wrote about, is with in it, just coded.
All spiritual teachings speak of magic and alchemy and energies within, the mind....

Back to topic. I have come to the conclusion that people who do not understand what i study and work with, will think it is "evil"
I am pretty much the christian definition of a Luciferian or, Satanist.
Many think reiki is of the devil, lol Alice baily would have been hung by her toes by the people i know...
Its sad that so many people live in boxed in small mindsets not allowing them to explore the possibilities and powers of Man.
Ahh and isn't it annoying to be crucified, by those who think that away, for being a seeker.....
Dont let it get to your head man, separate yourself from those who aren't open enough to accept you and your beliefs.

Völvawitch 27-11-2016 03:04 PM

Satanists don't believe in Satan but in your own free will.

Satanism actually has much better morals than any other religion and I am very interested at it.
I have read the Satanic bible and Luciferian magick and it is absolutely fascinating. It is all about taking power for yourself and live life in total freedom.

MaryMagdaQueenofQueens 27-11-2016 06:09 PM

I just went and read the Nine Satanic Statements, and I have to say I do not see how this is helpful. or Morally above any thing else at all.
The reason that that i dont is because The Satanic statements seem to not care for Karma collected. The Indulgence in the seven sins have consequences, of imbalance with in.
I guess thats the difference, I see reason in self control, and in Patience Love and Mercy for all, because if i were to make mistakes, i would want some one to Be Merciful upon me. Not to take vengeance upon me.
I see reason in forgiveness, not vengence.
But there are so many different paths and people who want to and do different things, I suppose i am just, of the loving "Spiritual Pipe dream" type, as Lavey would say.

The Elven Knight 27-11-2016 07:15 PM

If you are confident in what you believe, it is yours, and yours alone. What is more harmful... Having Satanic beliefs , or recieving hate from a label placed on you from a Christian view point? Ultimately, in my opinion, it doesn't matter what people believe as long as they behave as decent human beings.

Being 01-12-2016 04:10 PM

i've kind of created my own spirituality & cosmology from a synthesis of various sources & from my own experiences. i'm Not too keen on organised/exoteric religion(s).

However - my views don't need defending & nor do other ideas need criticism. i've been taking a bit more of a step back from all the same circular discussions/debates.

Being 02-12-2016 10:04 PM

“Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.”

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

shivatar 19-12-2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Being
i've kind of created my own spirituality & cosmology from a synthesis of various sources & from my own experiences. i'm Not too keen on organised/exoteric religion(s).

However - my views don't need defending & nor do other ideas need criticism. i've been taking a bit more of a step back from all the same circular discussions/debates.

Beware of the fraknkenstein spirituality.

shivatar 19-12-2016 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Völvawitch

Satanism actually has much better morals than any other religion and I am very interested at it.
I have read the Satanic bible and Luciferian magick and it is absolutely fascinating. It is all about taking power for yourself and live life in total freedom.

Even Satan didn't live in total freedom lol, he subjected himself to God and God alone. He hated humans because he blamed them for his fall, but he stuck to loving God even when he fell, he hates humans and that's it.

Do you honestly think one so full of hate could ever have created a religion for people? lol

It's a religion of humanity, by humanity for humanity. But not the best of humanity it's for the worst, it's not created by an entity that has nothing but hate for us... lol. I promise you that Lucifer would not give good things to us, he would give us lies and pain under the guise of good things.

If Lucifer had anything to do with satanism or Luciferian beliefs, he only allowed it to be inspired by his essence because it serves his needs of alienating humans from God. He sure as **** wouldn't give us something that brings us closer to God.... since the fall he basically has one goal, that is to get him self back into Gods graces. So long as God denies him, he has hatred for humans, when God allows him to repent then he will no longer hate humans.

Leighqt 14-11-2017 01:07 PM

There are many people in the world who feel “Satan” is a Christian concept and Lucifer being the light bearer. The stereotypical view of Satanism very much come from a Christian concept.

It used to be that our ancestors would worship the horned God Pan then further named Cerunnos and when Christianity took its hold they took these Pagan gods and made them into Devils/ Demons.

Nature Grows 14-11-2017 05:55 PM

Satanists at the highest levels of it are very rich people from around the world they are like doctors, lawyers, judges, church priests, politicians, royals, people in the highest places of our society there paedophiles who torture, rape, traffic children and young adults and also sacrifice children to demonic entitys, there just about service to self and self gratification is the most twisted ways, ice cold brutal psychopaths that feed off the suffering of anyone and anything, some of them have been completely taken over by the beings they work with.

And the other side of satanism you have those who walk around wearing black all the time, they follow the satanic bible, think there rebels and really spooky they may do some rituals here an there but really they don't qualify to be satanists, not like the other ones i mentioned.

Lepus 15-11-2017 12:27 AM

Hello,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Satanists at the highest levels of it are very rich people from around the world they are like doctors, lawyers, judges, church priests, politicians, royals, people in the highest places of our society there paedophiles who torture, rape, traffic children and young adults and also sacrifice children to demonic entitys, there just about service to self and self gratification is the most twisted ways, ice cold brutal psychopaths that feed off the suffering of anyone and anything, some of them have been completely taken over by the beings they work with.

And the other side of satanism you have those who walk around wearing black all the time, they follow the satanic bible, think there rebels and really spooky they may do some rituals here an there but really they don't qualify to be satanists, not like the other ones i mentioned.

I recall the private emails scandal during the elections here in the United States where wikileaks revealed all the deleted emails, one of the emails stood out to many, an event called 'spirit cooking' exposed what these people were into, including codes about children, pizzagate. There was also a mention about a deity called moloch. Moloch is the biblical name of a Canaanite god associated with child sacrifice, which explains why rituals are conducted by secret society in Bohemian Grove with a giant owl statue named moloch. These people will do anything for power.

Lepus

Nature Grows 15-11-2017 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello,

I recall the private emails scandal during the elections here in the United States where wikileaks revealed all the deleted emails, one of the emails stood out to many, an event called 'spirit cooking' exposed what these people were into, including codes about children, pizzagate. There was also a mention about a deity called moloch. Moloch is the biblical name of a Canaanite god associated with child sacrifice, which explains why rituals are conducted by secret society in Bohemian Grove with a giant owl statue named moloch. These people will do anything for power.

Lepus

Yea i know, it will all come out for everyone to see eventually.

DoublyVenomous 15-11-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Völvawitch

Agreed.

It's all about developing self-mastery and while this self-mastery can help you to succeed and it doesn't require sacrifice helpless animals or kids for that power. The sacrifices can come from within as life is energy exchange, for everything we gain we also give up something. There's also respect to self-mastery and freedom of choice for others, not just for self.

There are constructive and destructive people in every group regardless of which teachings they follow (if they follow) though. A religious (christian for example) leader isn't covert satanist if they turn out to be a murderer/rapist/spiritual abuser/drug dealer or anything; they're still supporter of their religion and they're violent, which may just have been hidden before. There's no outside entity to "own" their "sins". Similarly a satanist who would do such things is still a satanist who's committing a crime. Not everyone does this though.

It's not the belief system that makes one "good" or "evil", it's the way we apply those things into our lives. While having a common belief system may bring people a sense of security, would that security last if people feel they're forced to live according to something they don't feel right deep within?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivatar
It's a religion of humanity, by humanity for humanity. But not the best of humanity it's for the worst, it's not created by an entity that has nothing but hate for us... lol. I promise you that Lucifer would not give good things to us, he would give us lies and pain under the guise of good things.

If Lucifer had anything to do with satanism or Luciferian beliefs, he only allowed it to be inspired by his essence because it serves his needs of alienating humans from God. He sure as **** wouldn't give us something that brings us closer to God.... since the fall he basically has one goal, that is to get him self back into Gods graces. So long as God denies him, he has hatred for humans, when God allows him to repent then he will no longer hate humans.

All life is sacred, not just humans. While it's humane to be tolerant of difference (as we're all individuals and come with wide variety), I wouldn't love humanity either as they're the only species on Earth capable of destroying all life on it, which is already happening.
Love wouldn't exist without hatred, but instead of telling whether these are good or bad things, I'd say they're just natural parts of all sentient beings. So is pride; destructively proud person puts oneself above others as in sense of superiority and self-entitlement but constructively proud person is allowing others to shine too because one is confident in standing their own power and accepting that the only person we can truly control is ourselves.

FallingLeaves 16-11-2017 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivatar
I promise you that Lucifer would not give good things to us, he would give us lies and pain under the guise of good things.

funny, this is exactly what we are being given now. But we accept it and even say the words 'I like this'.

*shrugs*

Lumpino 16-11-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

i have looked into a lot of Theosophy, Alice Bailey, Magick, Western Esotericism, Luciferian, Ancient Druidic, Egyptian/Heliopitian, Shamanic, Alchemical, Hermetic, Secret Societies, comparative religion & many aspects of Esoteric (for the few) & Occult (Hidden Teachings). i practise Reiki/Energy Healing.

To many Christians whom i have got into some discussion with & their views on these areas is that a lot of it is Satanic. i have had a lot of talk & judgement that i'm possessed by demons, a Satanist & going to hell.

i'm Not a Christian in any exoteric sense, & i don't agree with a lot of it. imo the Devil/Satan does Not exist. Lucifer is an entirely different Being to the Devil, & i only see the Being of Lucifer in symbolic & mythological terms.

i don't consider myself a Satanist, although to a lot of Christians i probably am. Have other people here come across all this?

I read the Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor la Vay. The writer named hell-devils ordered by Satan.
Shiva - In Satanic Bible hellish demon subordinate to Satan. In India a member of the divine trio approaching with the Christian Holly spirit.
Ištar - in Satanic Bible hellish demon. In old Babylon the Queen of Heaven.
Amon - inSatanic Bible a hellish demon, in ancient Egypt God creator.. and so on.
By my opinion is satanism a nonsens. :rolleyes:

Lepus 16-11-2017 05:28 PM

Hello,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature Grows
Yea i know, it will all come out for everyone to see eventually.

Have you ever read the dialogue with "Hidden Hand"?

Lepus

Nature Grows 16-11-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Hello,

Have you ever read the dialogue with "Hidden Hand"?

Lepus

No i haven't but i just looked it up, will read it soon, later on. why?

EDIT: I just quickly skimmed thought it, thanks for sharing i got a sync from it. Will read it all later though.

Lepus 17-11-2017 04:48 PM

Hello

I thought you might find it interesting to read and benefit from it. He (or she) is eloquent and non-contradictory with his (or her) answers.

Did you read the whole dialogue? What are your thoughts?

Lepus

Nature Grows 17-11-2017 11:08 PM

Quote:

Hello

I thought you might find it interesting to read and benefit from it. He (or she) is eloquent and non-contradictory with his (or her) answers.

Did you read the whole dialogue? What are your thoughts?

Lepus

I haven't read it all iv read around half of it so far, so far it's interesting. This is what your talking about right? i'll put it here for others to read if they want.

http://www.illuminati-news.com/00363.html

shivatar 18-11-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
funny, this is exactly what we are being given now. But we accept it and even say the words 'I like this'.

*shrugs*

Examples?

The modern world has basically everything we could ever want or dream of. I don't see what you mean.

Ahriman 08-10-2018 01:18 AM

Satanism is NOT Devil worship.

Ahriman 09-10-2018 12:16 AM

To clarify my previous post, Satanism is all about serving the Anti Christ instead of the Christ, serving yourself and your loved ones instead of gods and goddesses. Devil worship is stuff like Voodoo and Santeria, of which I know little.

Jooshi 17-10-2018 12:22 PM

(ha)Satan means the Adversary. And if anything can have an adversary its not God.

So mainly Satanism is a reaction to the Orthodox power structure.
The main problem is: You become what you fight against.
Thus many 'satanists' rise to the top levels of society only to find themselves sitting at the same table as the religious clergy of this world, who also worship their own ego. Isn't it ironic? :)

Dargor 17-10-2018 12:37 PM

Ah, those times. How I used to demonise everything and everyone as well as a former Christian. Good thing I stepped back from religion upon realising how retarded I actually used to be. Don't let those kind of people get to you.

levimega 05-02-2019 11:39 PM

The christian book is all stolen and corrupted to enslave and cause confusion and suspicion. Lucifer enki light bringer satan and just the word sat are poisonus to some malighned entites and evil has kept the truth from humanity for a very long time

pseudonymus 06-02-2019 05:30 PM

There are different schools/denominations off "Satanism," each with their own codified set of teachings and doctrines. The Church of Satan - unfortunately - being the most well known.

Then there are the independent Satanists, like the Theists and so on. Each school and individual have their own apprehension of what "Satanism" is.

"Satanism" is easy to understand, when you learn to understand the Essence beneath the Form. I wrote an essay about the Essence of Satanism, a while ago.

There is Form, and then there is Essence. For example, the Essence is "Dharma," and the Forms are: Brahmanism, Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism. Each Form is a unique expression of the Essence.

Another example: The Essence is Life. And the Form is the LifeForm. There are thousands and thousands of different Lifeforms on Earth, but each Lifeform is an expression of the same Essence of Life. Essence meaning Nature & Ethos.

55Degrees 10-02-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman
Devil worship is stuff like Voodoo and Santeria, of which I know little.

This ^^^^ is wrong, Santeria actually translates as 'the way if the saints' and is a blend of traditional Caribbean beliefs and catholicism.

Voodoo is a based around nature and ancestors.

Neither religion is 'devil worship', but, like every religion, there will be some bad apples (and some badly researched Holywood hype) that taint it's reputation.
Lack of understanding is no excuse.

Aglaya 18-07-2019 07:19 AM

Quote:

Satanism and Christianity are the two sides of one and the same religious cult. So, if you don't belong to this cult, the concept of Satan should not be so disturbing for you.

WildHairedWoman 18-07-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

As someone who's own siblings told her she was destined to "burn in hell" I can say yes, I have come across this. This pronouncement came from people who never asked any questions about my beliefs, just decided that I was wrong because I did not seem to believe the way they do. Over the years my sister and I have mended that fence starting with her asking me what I believe and hearing me, discussing it with me and even saying once "It seems like we believe a lot of the same things but I cannot go there with the UFO's, god would never do that to us." (I never did figure out what she meant by that last bit, I guess she was saying that she had a great fear of alien invasion).

If someone calls you a satanist based on invalid assumptions then it is not worth your time to try to explain anything to them. They are what my mother would call "fear biters". (she raised and showed dogs so she described people in dog terms :smile: ). You just have to stay away from them as much as you can. You can't help them understand and they can't convert/"save" you.

davidmartin 23-07-2019 12:58 AM

i think the good deity is far, far 'above' or 'beyond' darkness of any kind, although still working throughout nature and people all the same
many people find there's dark beings in the astral, if there is a dark being as such, it's locally to the astral area and far removed from the good one, they can't be compared but can be confused which is wrong. the beautiful one is very nice to know

BigJohn 08-09-2019 05:22 AM

Some Christians consider anybody who does not belong to their version of Christianity to be Satanist.

Native spirit 08-09-2019 09:16 AM

That is so true

Namaste

Still_Waters 08-09-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Some Christians consider anybody who does not belong to their version of Christianity to be Satanist.

It's unbelievable but it's true.

I just attended a "Questioning Christianity" group where the seminarian co-leader unabashedly said that, since "Jesus is the only way", those who don't believe in Jesus go to hell.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

BigJohn 08-09-2019 03:18 PM

.........and does that seminarian co-leader claim he is not prejudice?

Still_Waters 09-09-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
It's unbelievable but it's true.

I just attended a "Questioning Christianity" group where the seminarian co-leader unabashedly said that, since "Jesus is the only way", those who don't believe in Jesus go to hell.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
.........and does that seminarian co-leader claim he is not prejudice?

By the end of our multi-week "Questioning Christianity" group, that seminarian was most assuredly a lot more hesitant and a lot less confident in his position. He was definitely shaken by comments from others in the group that his position was "bizarre" and that "I can't make any sense of this." :D Now that the group is over, he wants to get together to discuss such things more deeply.

During the class, I brought up how easy it is to get "brainwashed". Having been raised Roman Catholic in a totally Roman Catholic environment (Catholic school, Catholic parents, Catholic schoolmates, NO non-Catholic services, etc.), I really believed the Papal proclamation (as communicated to us) that, if one ate meat on Friday, it was a mortal sin and that one could go to hell if one didn't get absolution in confession. This sounds absurd now, but we impressionable children bought into it. It is very difficult to break through some structurally unsound foundations when everyone in one's life, including authority figures, all say the same thing. One does realize ultimately, of course, that such dogmas make no sense. Without attacking the seminarian's position, the implication was obviously that the seminarian could be similarly "brainwashed" or at least "prejudiced", as you indicated.

Still_Waters 09-09-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman

If someone calls you a satanist based on invalid assumptions then it is not worth your time to try to explain anything to them. They are what my mother would call "fear biters". (she raised and showed dogs so she described people in dog terms :smile: ). You just have to stay away from them as much as you can. You can't help them understand and they can't convert/"save" you.

Those "fear biters" who preach hell and eternal damnation with "satanist" statements are people whose opinions don't carry much weight with me. Your mother gave you good advice. :D

NoOne 09-09-2019 01:21 PM

Technically, if you take Christian teachings literally, anyone who worships or even acknowledges a God other than Yahweh is a Satanist and is going straight to hell. That was the traditional Christian view anyway.

I remember reading an essay from a fundamentalist pastor where he quoted passages from the Bhagavad Gita to "prove" that Krishna was in fact the devil.

Muslims claim that the Melek Taus (Peacock Angel) of the Yazidis (which the Yazidis themselves say is the same deity as Murugan of Southern India) is Satan. The main reason they are being mercilessly slaughtered, enslaved, raped and generally wiped out of existence as we speak is this belief, so it isn't trivial. A similar disdain for Hindu and Buddhist deities has been responsible for the genocide and cultural destruction of Hindus in the past, in many parts of Asia.

I am in contact with various pagan deities. This is considered witchcraft in many countries, particularly in parts of Africa and Asia. It carries the death penalty, often by stoning or being burnt alive. This is the sort of prejudice and danger that those of us not adhering to traditional religions have to face, outside the developed world. BTW, dozens of countries also prescribe the death penalty for atheism or apostasy.