Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Animals (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Polar Bear Pets Dog! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=108707)

Shivani Devi 18-12-2016 06:24 AM

Polar Bear Pets Dog!

I saw this a few weeks ago, it was shown on the news...out of all the news stories ever, this one was the most relevant. I was like "no way!...okay...way" lol

See how it affects you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_3tdkaEX8g

SerpentSun 18-12-2016 07:35 AM

Gah no videos for me! :(

But we did watch the new Jungle Book recently, and just the thought of a bear and canine being on friendly terms reminds me of that movie. Cute animals make my cute girly insides gush out of my taciturn tomboy shell! :3

Khalli 18-12-2016 09:09 AM

Cool video.

kundalinikid 18-12-2016 01:53 PM

Umm I'm pretty sure he ended up eating the dogs at a later date. The family had been leaving food out for them. One night they didn't leave food out and well...

Hate to burst your bubbles lol

SerpentSun 18-12-2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kundalinikid
Umm I'm pretty sure he ended up eating the dogs at a later date. The family had been leaving food out for them. One night they didn't leave food out and well...

Hate to burst your bubbles lol

Actually you'd be surprised what different creatures bond together as family and friends. Or maybe not, you'd probably insist that every inter-species relationship ends in a dinner date gone wrong. But other animals are capable of a much stronger bond than we humans are. Although I wouldn't trust my pups unattended around a bear, because even just playing with each other could be dangerous.

It doesn't matter how much most humans "love" their dog or cat. We are still humans, "people", while only all the OTHER animals are the animals, "NOT people". I'm not kidding when I say I've almost punched people for saying "dogs aren't people, they're just animals". So we expect the most barbaric acts from bears and totally ignore how destructive our own species is.

Every other creature is just an "it" to humans. If not a "he" or a "she", then we default to "it". What if I didn't know the sex of a human baby, and referred to them as only an "it"? How about suggesting the baby get "fixed" so they can't get ovarian/testicular cancer OR contribute to the human overpopulation problem? But it's okay to treat other animals as mindless objects.

We're just monkeys with machine guns.

kundalinikid 18-12-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerpentSun
Actually you'd be surprised what different creatures bond together as family and friends. Or maybe not, you'd probably insist that every inter-species relationship ends in a dinner date gone wrong. But other animals are capable of a much stronger bond than we humans are. Although I wouldn't trust my pups unattended around a bear, because even just playing with each other could be dangerous.

uh no dude. they got ate at a later time.

Also, dogs are dogs. You'd be better off pretending you were a dog to bond with them than pretending they are a human.

Lepus 18-12-2016 10:35 PM

Hello,

I recently posted a video in relation to this video of what happened hours after this viral video. I read the comments & thought it was true, but I did a quick search anyway & not just take their word for it. Here's the story I've found. The owner, Brian Ladoon, who breeds Canadian sled dogs at the sanctuary, kept his dogs in chains to prevent them from running away - not sure why he left them near the polar bears. He thought they had a special bond, because everyday he would leave food for the polar bear. The bears had no intention of eating the dogs with a full stomach until the owner forgot to leave food. I read that one of his dogs were eaten & not the one from the video. "Conservation officers had to immobilize a bear in that area & move it to the holding facility because it killed one of his dogs," adding that, "A mother and cub were also removed because there were allegations the bears were being fed and the females’ behavior was becoming a concern."

Blessed be,
Lepus

Tobi 19-12-2016 12:19 AM

Yes, that's (sadly) how it went. The bears and the dogs were set up unfortunately.
Apparently the guy was also charging people to view the bear with the dogs. So something smells a bit fishy there.

But genuine relationships, love and affection definitely do happen between species. Has anyone heard of the "Kate and Pip" (Great Dane and Deer) thing going on? It's beautiful.
There are lots of videos on You tube about them. Here's one: (nice music too)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHsU4CgnpeA

That was a genuine situation where a motherless fawn came into the dog's garden one day....and it went from that to a lifelong friendship. The deer did go away to do her own natural thing also as she grew up, so the deer was a friend and guest rather than a pet, even though I believe she was hand-reared at first to save her life.

Clio_86 19-12-2016 12:42 AM

Poor puppy. Yes, he was eaten later on. :(

Shivani Devi 19-12-2016 02:36 AM

Well, that just sucks doesn't it?

So much for projecting human traits on to animals - I have learned my lesson.

Thanks for replying.