Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Angels & Guides (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do spirit guides ever get things wrong? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=66771)

yellow 15-04-2014 06:55 AM

Do spirit guides ever get things wrong?

It's all in the title. Do they ever screw up? We all make mistakes don't we? Do spirit guides make mistakes? Any experiences of this.

kindheart 15-04-2014 03:11 PM

I'm not sure, but I've asked myself the same question. I think maybe it's more that circumstances do change, we don't always make the right decisions, etc. I also think, in my case anyway, that sometimes we simply misinterpreted the messages given. Guides did not make a mistake, we simply did not understand the message... heard what we wanted to hear, based on desires (or didn't hear what we didn't wanna hear, based on fear).

God knows I have a hard time understanding messages! I am aware of all potential meanings behind messages and have a real hard time deciphering the real, true one.

John32241 15-04-2014 03:45 PM

Hi,

I have been told by my primary guide that we All Could Make Better Choices at times.

The idea is to support each other and not be judgemental.

John

Stillness_Speaks 15-04-2014 04:12 PM

Many guides said that the world would end in dec 2012.... :)

DaiBach 15-04-2014 04:31 PM

If spirit guides actually exist, then, of course they can make mistakes; after all, they were only human.

I've never understood why spirit guides often appear as if they've come straight off the set of a Hollywood movie. I can't imagine Merlin would have looked anything like Gandalf, or that he'd even answer to the name 'Merlin' - which was made up by Geoffrey of Monmouth and Gerald of Manorbier because "Merddyn" sounded too rude for the Norman sensibilities of their cousins. As a Welshman he'd be most annoyed at anyone not knowing how to pronounce his name properly.

Mazulu 15-04-2014 11:12 PM

Yes. Spirit guides make mistakes. And it's a beautiful thing. Last summer, my fiance and I moved into a new house with three cats. My cat, Wolfie, was suddenly missing. I love Wolfie and was terrified that he had gotten out somehow and was lost. Wolfie is a big black fluffy cat. Anyway, I'm panicking and so my honey reaches out to the spirit world (which she can do from time to time). Suddenly, she is impressed to go outside. She comes back with a big black fluffy cat. I'm all overjoyed that "Wolfie" was back. Except this big black fluffy cat has a more friendly personality, but also snarled at the other cats. So we isolated this cat in the bathroom. A few hours later, Wolfie comes out from under the kitchen sink and starts strutting through the living room. Margot and I looked at each other and I asked: who is that in the bathroom? Oops! :)

wstein 16-04-2014 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellow
It's all in the title. Do they ever screw up? We all make mistakes don't we? Do spirit guides make mistakes? Any experiences of this.

Spirit guides are beings. No beings are perfect. Thus spirit guides make mistakes.

Many spirit guides are not much more capable than those they look after. Their wider perspective gives them a wider viewpoint. This allows them to see the overall effects and implications of things much easier. However, most don't have to deal with being stuck in a dense material reality. This ignorance causes them to make unwarranted assumptions. Classically they don't deal well with time (getting time frames and dates way off).

yellow 16-04-2014 08:04 AM

You really are a lovely bunch of folks on here. Some great answers there and very reassuring.

I zoomed in on Kindheart's post and was thinking that I agree totally with that, then glanced at the time posted (according to my laptop) and it said Yesterday 11:11 PM. Just wonderful :smile:

yellow 16-04-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wstein
Classically they don't deal well with time (getting time frames and dates way off).

Oh yeh, don't start me off on that. Already started a topic about that little word "Soon". I've been told that "A change will come soon". I suspect I may be in my zimmerframe by the time that happens LOL.

Lamaas 16-04-2014 12:57 PM

Sometimes it's better to not worry about guides making mistakes; rather we should worry more about misinterpreting or misappropriating the information given to us by our guides.