Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Will the forum crash and be unrecoverable? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137461)

janielee 03-10-2020 04:46 AM

Will the forum crash and be unrecoverable?

There are multiple SQL errors; just wondering if there's a chance it will crash and not recover.

Also, notice that log-ins here are unsecured. Is there a HTTPS log in for members?

Thanks,
JL

Starman 03-10-2020 07:17 AM

Lately I am having lots of problems posting on this site. Yes, I cleared the cookies and refresh my browser, etc. I am not having these issues with any other site online, but sometimes get a “server is busy notice” from this site, or I just can not post or access posts and will get a technical problems with this site notice. The notice also says that technical staff on this site have been notified. I have never seen it like this in the past, and this site has already temporarily crashed for me several times. Don’t know what can be done about it. I like posting here when I can actually post.:confused:

Lynn 03-10-2020 03:04 PM

Hello

I will look into it with the host.

We did an upgrade so that should have helped the issues.

Lynn
SF Admin

Clover 03-10-2020 03:37 PM

I notice this happens every night around 10 PM ( Pacific) the forum goes out white blank, anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. I think it went on longer last night, but I went to bed early so I didn't track.
It could be its updating around that time? Some forums update every night at a specific time, but not sure for us but I was worried myself. We'll see what Lynn finds.

Starman 03-10-2020 07:23 PM

Clover and Lynn, thank you both for your efforts. I really appreciate
both of you. You are doing a great job.:icon_flower:

janielee 03-10-2020 08:39 PM

Yes, thank you, Lynn. And SF staff (Clover) and Starman :smile: I've noticed it happens intermittently and sometimes longer periods than others.
It's a specific SQL error and the database is unreachable. It looks like a fairly serious error. Thanks. Would miss this forum if anything ever happened to it.

bobjob 04-10-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover
I notice this happens every night around 10 PM ( Pacific) the forum goes out white blank, anywhere from 1 to 2 hours. I think it went on longer last night, but I went to bed early so I didn't track.
It could be its updating around that time? Some forums update every night at a specific time, but not sure for us but I was worried myself. We'll see what Lynn finds.

Whatever the reason it's different from how it used to be and ought to be followed up in case - although this seems unlikely - the webmaster is unaware.

hazada guess 05-10-2020 07:40 AM

Yes, it happens to me on occasion first thing when I log on but it repairs itself after about 1 hour.

bobjob 05-10-2020 07:53 AM

It may just be updating or some other basic procedure. A temporary out-of-service situation similar to when banks update their systems daily.

bobjob 08-10-2020 08:59 AM

I was unable to access the website yesterday for several hours and then again today early morning UK, around 10 o'clock evening yesterday to 1 o'clock this morning PST.

It seems this has become the norm. On returning to add this sentence the SQL error message re-occurred and I couldn't access this page - I eventually got here after several tries.