Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   when you die (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128488)

Colorado 19-03-2019 10:26 PM

You start over..
But, you will come in full of fire and curiosity..
Because you are so close to the other side...you will be healed, And much like a puppy. Lol

As time progresses, in your youth...you will get glpses of your past lives, including this one.... especially the ones that were most challenging for you spiritually...in different ways. Which you will shrug off as imagination, dreams, or coinsidence...but you resume where you left off....in another body, space, family, looks, and sex......but you will face anything that was close to you emotionally...good or bad. Because that needs work...and as a mini Godlettlet, lol...you will try to overcome it, and take your rightful place in accomplishment once you master the disaster. Haha I like that....master the disaster.

Everything plays out currently, past, present and future....you remember this...the only thing that changes...is your emotional response, mental understanding....and spiritual growth. Because you, me and God...want to see your vibrational frequency on the highest level of emotional and spiritual growth...and you gotta deal with the dirty first, and get that out of the way...so you you can fly, where even eagle can't go....

You are a work in progress...you decide the time you need.

God bless you all*

Ghost_Rider_1970 23-03-2019 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metchas
I understand that when I die my spirit will leave my body and return 'home' and that my personality/ego/mind will be in spirit land with all my loved ones. Then I get a bit confused..what happens for example if my spirit/soul incarnates again? What happens to me, my personality/ego/mind. If that happens and my soul becomes another person what happens to me? where do I go?

I believe that when we die, we simply cease to be. Where our individual consciousness dissipates into cosmic conscious from where we came. With no past life or afterlife. Where we exist through everyone and everything in creation. Where as living beings this is our time for our life experience, and to have such beautiful and perfect appreciation of our life's journey.

IndigoGeminiWolf 23-03-2019 02:55 AM

When we die, I believe we will walk steps of light of increasing intensity to determine if we are harvestable to a higher density/dimension of light. According to the Law of One material, channeled from Ra. If we graduate, we will go to a much more harmonious density that is more filled with Light and greater love. No more veil. At death, the veil that separates the subconscious and conscious mind goes away. Therefore we will see our connection to all that is, and will realize how we are truly One with everything.

Strangerthanfiction 27-08-2019 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leadville
You - your spirit form who is eternal - animates whatever physical body you presently live in.

What you think of as 'me' right now can be thought of as a 'composite person' made up of your spirit and the body it is giving 'life energy' to. Your body will eventually stop working and die but your spirit is eternal and may choose a further life at some point. If that happens you will animate another body and 'me' will be a different 'composite person' but still animated by the 'real' you, your spirit.

The personality of any particular incarnate is unique to that incarnate although some of a former personality may be 'carried over' to become part of a new one.

Nicely put. I made a post previously about the personality. If the personality is unique to every incarnation then do you think the brain itself has a personality or do you think the interaction between the spirit and the body creates a unique personality to the incarnated?

I really don't know what to think about this. If the personality comes merely from the brain then we should expect to not carry it with us. However if we do carry it with us then people with alzheimer's who's personality changes logically take their alzheimer personality with them. However it just isn't logical to take personality with you if it comes from the brain merely. However if the "composite person" as you called it creates a unique personality, that is, the synergy of the brain and soul creates a unique personality then when the brain is shut down certain aspects or the full aspect could carry on in a way we don't know about.

I personally think we have a spiritual personality. There is a fact that some who are reincarnated carry over aspects of their previous personality like certain behaviors. So a child who previously were born higher up in a hindu caste and in the next life is born in a lower rank may refuse to live like the ones in the lower caste.

I don't know about the brain's personality. If there is a synergy between the brain and the soul which creates a distinct personality then maybe we take that personality with us but then it means people with brain damage to the brain will carry their personality with them. There are ghosts who were ill in life with for example mental problems and then they carry these aspects with them and haunt the surrounding areas. I think this happens because they get stuck in their earthbound energy. So in my view we may take all aspects with us but we may also abandon some aspects depending on our spiritual level. In the end we all will be stripped of the parts of our personalities that belongs to the earthly body and then we will only have our spiritual personality left unless we choose not to advance enough to leave those aspects behind. :cool:

leadville 27-08-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strangerthanfiction
Nicely put.

thank you :smile:

Quote:

I made a post previously about the personality. If the personality is unique to every incarnation then do you think the brain itself has a personality or do you think the interaction between the spirit and the body creates a unique personality to the incarnated?

The brain does not have a personality. You might want to think of the brain as equivalent to the CPU of a computer. The brain drives the body's functions in a similar way to the CPU driving the function of the computer. When either stop working then so does the whole device.

Quote:

I really don't know what to think about this. If the personality comes merely from the brain then we should expect to not carry it with us. However if we do carry it with us then people with alzheimer's who's personality changes logically take their alzheimer personality with them. However it just isn't logical to take personality with you if it comes from the brain merely. However if the "composite person" as you called it creates a unique personality, that is, the synergy of the brain and soul creates a unique personality then when the brain is shut down certain aspects or the full aspect could carry on in a way we don't know about.

As I've tried to illustrate above the brain is simply a cpu. Personality comes from the combination of animating spirit and the incarnate it animates. Some of your personality was carried forward from previous incarnations, 'stored' somehow in your spirit. (I can't explain how that happens as I don't know!) Some of your personality from this current incarnation will be carried forward by your spirit into a new incarnation.

Quote:

I personally think we have a spiritual personality. There is a fact that some who are reincarnated carry over aspects of their previous personality like certain behaviors. So a child who previously were born higher up in a hindu caste and in the next life is born in a lower rank may refuse to live like the ones in the lower caste.

Kinda similar to how I've explained things above but your example is conjecture and may, or may not, be accurate.

Quote:

I don't know about the brain's personality. If there is a synergy between the brain and the soul which creates a distinct personality then maybe we take that personality with us but then it means people with brain damage to the brain will carry their personality with them.

As I've tried to indicate earlier, personality isn't found in the brain.

Quote:

There are ghosts who were ill in life with for example mental problems and then they carry these aspects with them and haunt the surrounding areas. I think this happens because they get stuck in their earthbound energy.

It's a possibility that some spirits may find it hard to make the transition 'back home' for that reason but that's just one of a number of possibilities.

Quote:

So in my view we may take all aspects with us but we may also abandon some aspects depending on our spiritual level. In the end we all will be stripped of the parts of our personalities that belongs to the earthly body and then we will only have our spiritual personality left unless we choose not to advance enough to leave those aspects behind. :cool:

We aren't subject to any stripping of anything about ourselves.:wink: We may indeed choose to leave behind aspects of our former incarnate lives as we progress spiritually but some individuals may find attraction in remaining for a time, perhaps a long time, at their personal level of progression. We have choices and nothing is forced upon us. :hug3:

flyhigh 23-09-2019 11:10 PM

When You Die

The belief of your spirit entering another body may not be true.

iamthat 24-09-2019 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strangerthanfiction
If the personality is unique to every incarnation then do you think the brain itself has a personality or do you think the interaction between the spirit and the body creates a unique personality to the incarnated?

If the personality comes merely from the brain then we should expect to not carry it with us. However if we do carry it with us then people with alzheimer's who's personality changes logically take their alzheimer personality with them. However it just isn't logical to take personality with you if it comes from the brain merely. However if the "composite person" as you called it creates a unique personality, that is, the synergy of the brain and soul creates a unique personality then when the brain is shut down certain aspects or the full aspect could carry on in a way we don't know about.

I don't know about the brain's personality. If there is a synergy between the brain and the soul which creates a distinct personality then maybe we take that personality with us but then it means people with brain damage to the brain will carry their personality with them. There are ghosts who were ill in life with for example mental problems and then they carry these aspects with them and haunt the surrounding areas. I think this happens because they get stuck in their earthbound energy. So in my view we may take all aspects with us but we may also abandon some aspects depending on our spiritual level. In the end we all will be stripped of the parts of our personalities that belongs to the earthly body and then we will only have our spiritual personality left unless we choose not to advance enough to leave those aspects behind. :cool:

This comes down to our ideas about the nature of a human being. You seem to consider a human being as having two components, a spiritual soul functioning through a physical body via the brain. Somehow the two combine to create a personality.

Other schools of thought consider a human being as having several bodies. Consciousness (the Soul) functions through a mental body, an emotional body, an etheric energy body and the dense physical body. Personality is the combination of our mental and emotional patterns expressing through the etheric/physical body.

So after the death of the physical body, the etheric energy body also dissolves as it no longer serves a purpose. Personality (as the combined mental and emotional bodies) continues to exist, functioning on the astral planes (except in those cases where someone is reluctant to leave behind the physical plane).

Eventually the emotional body is also abandoned and consciousness shifts to the mental plane, functioning through the mental body. Finally the mental body is also abandoned and the personality ceases to exist, although the memories are stored in consciousness. At some stage consciousness will take on new vehicles for a new incarnation - the nature of these vehicles will depend on the previous mental/emotional/etheric development.

This approach seems to provide a satisfactory explanation of the (temporary) survival of the personality after death, and also explains why personality in one life usually has no recall of personalities in previous lives.

And if someone has Alzheimers then it may be simply that the physical brain is no longer functioning effectively. The personality exists intact and unchanged but can no longer express itself through the physical body - some connections have been damaged.

Peace.

iamthat 24-09-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leadville
As I've tried to illustrate above the brain is simply a cpu. Personality comes from the combination of animating spirit and the incarnate it animates. Some of your personality was carried forward from previous incarnations, 'stored' somehow in your spirit. (I can't explain how that happens as I don't know!) Some of your personality from this current incarnation will be carried forward by your spirit into a new incarnation.

Here is a possible explanation based on the Theosophical teachings of Alice Bailey. Make of it what you will.

Just as the personality expresses itself on the physical plane through the physical body via the brain, so the Soul expresses itself in the worlds of form through the Causal Body, found on the higher mental planes.

The Causal Body reflects the development of the Soul in form. Part of the Causal Body consists of "permanent atoms" for the mental, emotional and physical bodies. These permanent atoms are like blueprints. They reflect the previous developments of the mental, emotional and physical bodies, and they are modified with each incarnation. So they also form the basis of our new mental, emotional and physical bodies in a new incarnation.

This does not necessarily mean that each new incarnation continues from where the previous incarnation left off. The permanent atoms are like the full blueprint, but in one incarnation certain features may be emphasised and in the next incarnation different features may be emphasised. Eventually we become fully rounded human beings.

Is this explanation true? Who knows. But it does make sense to me.

Peace.