Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Books (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   do you read a lot? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136091)

Honza 03-07-2020 03:21 PM

do you read a lot?

It must be about 30 years since I have read a book from start to finish. My patience has totally expired when it comes to reading books.

Do you read a lot?

ocean breeze 03-07-2020 05:14 PM

From time to time. Not much. More puzzles guy myself. Sudoku, kakuro, kenken, and picture puzzles. Like doing mazes when i can too.

inavalan 03-07-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
It must be about 30 years since I have read a book from start to finish. My patience has totally expired when it comes to reading books.

Do you read a lot?

I do .

The_Klabautermann 20-03-2021 01:19 PM

I don't read a lot for several reasons -

With doing inner work 24/7, I 'read' what is being dredged up within this body, so that information coming up into the conscious mind for examination. Bringing in information from 'outside' just overwhelms this process, so I keep my reading to a minimum.

In addition with that, I tend to have periods of 'brain fog' - anymore, I don't know if it's due strictly to the CFS or if it's due to 'overhauling' the mental framework of the brain, before things get settled down again...or a combination of both. All I know is that sometimes it's just nice to sit and give my brain a rest, either through just 'vegging out' or shutting my eyes and taking a nap, as that shuts down external sensory input.

Miss Hepburn 20-03-2021 02:22 PM

Not as much since Netflix, Amazon prime, hulu, etc!!!
I have a stack of spiritual books waiting for me!

inavalan 20-03-2021 08:32 PM

I found that the books I read come my way like arranged by somebody who guides me. They build upon each other unexpectedly.

The same happens with participating in discussions on this site, and a couple of others to a lesser degree. One, word, one reference, may trigger a train of thoughts, questions and answers, from my inner guidance including, that lead to unexpected understanding.

Unfortunately, most books don't live up to their promise. And, participating to discussions with anonymous people with various personalities brings sometimes too much aggravation.

Lately, I don't watch movies, nor generally tv almost at all. Lack of interest.

Golden Angel 21-03-2021 02:00 PM

I tend to go through phases reading books, but do enjoy it and tend to read before I go to sleep.

Legrand 21-03-2021 02:05 PM

I did read a very lot. I don't anymore. Simply paying close attention to one breath is like reading a full book now.

inavalan 21-03-2021 07:08 PM

I suggest some people read more; they're overwhelmed by delusions.

Happy Wanderer 22-03-2021 02:04 PM

I read mostly spiritual books, at the moment I am into "365 Steps to Practical Spirituality" by David Lawrence Preston. It is subtitled 'A day-by-day guide to finding health, contentment and inner peace', a lovely book - inspiring!

I often find myself referring to my set of 4 'Spiritual Unfoldment' books, channelled from White Eagle (Originally by Grace Cooke I think) Again, inspirational teachings, very much like Silver Birch.

Then there's my growing collection of 'Joseph' books; channelled by Michael Reccia. Very interesting....

For a change I quite like political biographies, although they can be a bit dull at times, but if I really need to switch off I'll read a very light-hearted rom/com type novel, Erica James and Marcia Willett being two of my favourites in that genre, though you may not have heard of them on the western side of the atlantic.