Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Hinduism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Causal body (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=145695)

lostsoul13 02-01-2023 11:15 PM

Causal body

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causal_body

I can relate to this: I know that the bodies I’m inhabiting at the moment (through the next couple of hundred years) arnt my soul spirit body and the experience I’ve had with my soul,spirit is that it finding it difficult to manifest a body- the casual body…

The bodies with go through reincarnation until the casual body is manifested and I doubt through lesson and enlightenment and experience (throughout pain&death) through the wisdom of death and reincarnation.. I can find salvation in my causal body… I could be here thousands of years until it manifest… is this something normal? Is it what you’ve experienced?

The gross body, subtle body and casual body? What’s the process?

O K Viswanath 09-01-2023 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostsoul13
The gross body, subtle body and casual body? What’s the process?

Causal body, is denoted as a Seed, Ishwara, The Eternal One. And the rest of the bodies are manifestations within the Causal Body.
Some say, Causal Body is also a manifestation. But, Truly, No Sages/Gods/Enlightened Beings know the 'Cause and How' of Causal Body. Causal body, gets it name as Causal body when effects are considered. If effects are not considered, no cause at all (No Causal/Subtle/Gross body).
None knows the Cause of Causal, and so it is called Causal. It is like the starting of Biblical verse "In the Beginning.....", this Causal Body is the beginning, and how the beginning came and why and what's beyond - none knows whether it is the Seed itself a manifestation or not.

The Other two bodies is like the Tree's essence within the Seed . It is said in Vedanta (and in Shanti Parva of Mahabharata and various other puranas and Yoga Vasishta), that out of Ignorance, the other two bodies manifest out of Causal Body and experienced. Though Ishwara/One, is All knower, how Ignorance grows as a cloud and covers the Sun - none knows again. The first desire aroused out of such Ignorance is said as "Let me be many".

So, for liberation (to understand truth), to go beyond this Ignorance and reach the Causal body and gain the true knowledge is adviced by Sages. It is by going deep inside one reaches this causal body, which is full of Knowledge.

It is called as Causal body to one who couldn't understand the basics. But, deeply diving, the same Ishwara, is not Causal Body but Brahman, beyond cause and Effect. For first few steps, it is considered as Causal but dropped being called Causal when considering/desiring "Ignorance-it's effects" reduced.
There is only death for Gross body, but not for Subtle and Causal Body. Until desires for Gross Body is there, Subtle Body will tend to manifest 'n' number of Gross bodies. The Subtle body vanish within Causal Body when ignorance vanish (and then Causal is not regarded as Causal, but Brahman).

O K Viswanath 09-01-2023 11:55 AM

Quote:

l? Is it what you’ve experienced?

I had some experiences other than the flow of bliss from the right heart.
But, I don't disclose such, as I'm not interested to speak it.

Why not interested is, I feel not to trust any experience until whole ignorance vanish (attain mukti) (sensual/psychical/spiritual), until reaching Unaffected Peace.

I only trust Bliss from right heart and holistic Bliss, and speak about such experience, as Vedanta/Sages accepts it and asks to sticks to it. All other experiences, I am not interested because of it's limitations and fancies.

lostsoul13 09-01-2023 05:13 PM

Wow really good explanation!! Thanks for the in-depth response… I think the ‘n’ number of gross bodies and reincarnation is the hardest part of our suffering but we can elevate that by coming to and understanding but I’m not sure just reading and understanding will break you free of the cycle…
I wonder what it would take for understanding and breaking the cycle.. apart from ignorance- what would it take for us not to be ignorant??

Granted many life’s and lessons is pain and death will see that we start to become from ignorance… just how far does it have to go? Just me accepting my ignorance and that still wouldn’t do anything about it yet because the higher self or the casual body and subtle body etc so I’m damned for a long time while I just experience….

O K Viswanath 09-01-2023 11:57 PM

Quote:

I wonder what it would take for understanding and breaking the cycle.. apart from ignorance- what would it take for us not to be ignorant??

It's really simple.

A Strong Ego that, "I should never be/seek falsity - only Truth". This Strong Ego let's one gain true knowledge, erase ignorance. A Strong Ego, like Ravana had, to elevate oneself to God. But, that Ego is not to rule the worlds but to understand the limitations of 3 worlds (Gross body), and aim that Strong Egoistic Desire upon God - "To be like God who is not creator,maintainer,destroyer - The One in All".

The Strong Ego, not upon Worlds like Ravana, but upon Truth (Strong Egoistic Desire = To seek The Topmost and be as such) like Nachiketa, and ready to go for that whatever extent.

Only Persons who seek knowledge can have such Ego, but not Devotees. Ignorance starts with Ego, and it's End is also with that Ego (Considering oneself as Big/Top) to attain true knowledge. Devotees can seek the Causal Body in whatever form they devoted for. Atlast/Atfirst/... all Are Equal.

Aknaton 11-01-2023 08:28 AM

Quote:

Granted many life’s and lessons is pain and death will see that we start to become from ignorance… just how far does it have to go? Just me accepting my ignorance and that still wouldn’t do anything about it yet because the higher self or the casual body and subtle body etc so I’m damned for a long time while I just experience….

I think you can experience causal and subtle life in this life, and in this month! We have many causal and subtle body experiences, but we haven't learnt to differentiate between these experiences in our meditations, visions and dreams. What causes us to lack in experiencing the causal and subtle life is insufficient energy.

O K Viswanath 11-01-2023 09:59 AM

Hey lostsoul13, I wish to share few things related to the Non-duality thread "Experiences - Sensual, Mental and Spiritual".

It's not that ignorance vanish when causal body is experienced. Only when the ignorance comes to an end in ending all desires/sufferings, one can experience causal body.

There is no need of seeking causal body, to end ignorance.

I don't know whether you are familiar with Ramayana Epic. It's about Kumbhakarna and Vibhisana.

Say, we are in Lanka, and want to get rid off the sufferings. Vibhisana like-minded think that, sufferings can come to end in oneself only when the help of Rama is sorted. But, Kumbhakarna not did so. Kumbhakarna is a good person like Vibhisana, but highly spiritual kind. He had seen that there is no difference between being along with Ravana (like sensual experience) and being along with Rama (like Transcendental experience). Both are same, as the same God within Rama is also there within Ravana. He was not attached neither to Rama not to Ravana, and even adviced Ravana what is Dharma. He never run out of fear for life away from Ravana, even though he knew Ravana will lose (like Bhishma knew that Gauvaras will lose).

A Devotee, will only seek Rama and dislike/aversion upon Ravana. Whereas a Gnani/Knowledgable person, will neither seek Rama nor seek Ravana, but only see the God within (Only Brahman) whomever stand before them. Never seek any experience, and never run out from any Karmic effects, and fearlessly face it and reach the end/death-bed of Gross body, Peacefully.

Experiencing Gross/Subtle/Causal, is not the matter. Getting rid of ignorance-desires, and seeing God in all and be fully satisfied with whatever present before, is what matter. After ignorance ends, let the experience of Causal body happen or not, let the 'becoming' happen or not, let one remain Caterpillar forever or let experience of 'becoming' Butterfly happen or not. It doesn't matter.

Peace matters.

Unseeking Seeker 13-01-2023 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OK Viswanath
Getting rid of ignorance-desires, and seeing God in all and be fully satisfied with whatever present before, is what matter.

Well said ~ the ‘seeing’ as you say must be in direct experience, otherwise it is a thought construct.

O K Viswanath 13-01-2023 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
Well said ~ the ‘seeing’ as you say must be in direct experience, otherwise it is a thought construct.

Sure.
That "seeing" as a direct experience can happen only if seeking "worldly thoughts" construction calms down. You agree?

Without that seeking "worldly thoughts" comes to an end, that "seeing" (as a direct experience) can't happen. If one feels that "I got that 'seeing' experience directly" while they in midst of (and still) seeking 'worldly thoughts', then that is not real 'seeing' but just another thought experience. You agree here too?

Say, if one creates a thought as a form of God (like Krishna or cross-mark Jesus or Allah or 'thinking God in all beings and act accordingly - never hate any on any circumstance') and holds onto it, only for the purpose of 'seeing' God as a direct experience and to "Be with that direct experience ALWAYS", then that experiencing in thought-form is a real aid.
But, do people do with that intention? That's open to oneself to look and do what then they wish for.

muffin 13-01-2023 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
But, do people do with that intention? That's open to oneself to look and do what then they wish for.

Good afternoon O K Viswanath :smile:

Hopefully they don't, they go with the flow

and wait for the next instalment