Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What if we don't change so much? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142808)

asearcher 01-02-2022 05:22 PM

What if we don't change so much?

I've done past life meditations and have at times thought I have recognized someone from my soul group. I don't see that much of a change. Either I am terribly slow and could explain why I'm still here even though the first life I remembered - I'm embarrass to even acknowledge how way back in time that was (sigh), or we just don't change that much after all?

I have only one memory, flashback and unfortunately it is to someone that I have not felt myself connected to the way I have others in my soul group. In this life time he is a psychopath. Now in the past life where I see him he sort of looks like him and sort of not, but it's him alright, and he holds his hands at the back of his head, and he's kina sweaty and has a kind of excited look in his eyes, he's been caught doing something, I don't know what, and I can imagine police or someone else holding a gun or maybe an owner of the barn, but I can't see that. He's not afraid. It is as if he still thinks he is superior (even with his hands behind the back of his head). He is at some type of open barn and the gates to it is open. Then again who knows if that is a true memory? To me it could very well have been a scene from a movie?

What if we are a psychopath in this life time simply because we were a psychopath in the last one? What if it is not pain from this life that has caused it? Could that be? That psychopaths and narcissists it is not only in the ego but have gone deeper than that, intended or not? I mean if we now carry much pain with us, trauma etc, could not a personality disorder like that follow you from one life to the next, considering it is sort of difficult to rubb off you?

There have been others too from my soul group I see further back in other life times and I can't say I see a change there either?

lostsoul13 01-02-2022 10:37 PM

Interesting—- as far as I was concerned I’ve been conned—- magic and manifesting was in my past life, own kingdom- own house I made from my mind- if I wasn’t narcissistic or borderline egotistical and proud and self righteous and absorbed- then I could tell you I was in the bragging corner- technology and power- I was feeling powerful- my confidence was gaining (I lost that here)?

I felt superior and everyone was superficial- they weren’t ‘materialistic stuff’ gold and money- in this life time has followed me - with my hustling and time in prison!!

I think it definitely follows you especially if you can retain the memory of the self- maybe deeper reincarnations the memory loss becomes but it’s been a wake up call : for me… having no magic just inserts- jumping is guaranteed with inserts- so I have that ego boost doing circulation in my self esteem??! Boastful if I had others to show off too—- egos taken a right old’ knock…

I know my reincarnations in the next 500 years ‘ are full of pain a deep tissue chakra pain—- a massage could be more painful than my twin leaving me 1000 years from the massage or it just being painful by another doing it- not allowing my body to massage its self? You get the hype? It’s a contradiction?? A lie like pain/ spooky action at a distance—- my revenge is sweet - everything has a image—- including energy—- everything is held responsible but these revenge takes 1000 years to come into friction???! A deep grudge I hold and angry all the time in the future - by the time 500 years have past and 10 reincarnations I saw my brooding nature turn into a different brooding…

It’s amazing; how life can change you- my worst grudge is against reincarnation—- I’m sure it has a image also—- why things weren’t born into a different world I don’t know- there’s only lesson,pain,shame, and loss of confidence here—- I can’t wait till it’s over—-

But the peace I felt for 39 years at a piece—- to several hours dying… you’d think they even out.

At times it’s like a vibration of hell in this earth/ happening constantly: a Cinderella story we need!!!

I definitely believe memory will follow you including all that you kept crystalline in the body of the self- feelings ect they are just acts to toughen you up for the next round- I don’t believe in them - that much I much prefer a zen - space- body/feeling!!!

Positive vibes!!!

Miss Hepburn 01-02-2022 11:48 PM

What if? My comment would be:

I'd say we should step on the gas pedal then... and start changing; ie, study, research,
read, seek, pray, ask, change friends, meditate, contemplate, fast, go to therapy.
Numerous ways and combinations.
Your pick. :icon_cool:

asearcher 02-02-2022 07:19 AM

hi interesting experiences & thoughts. yes i can only change myself through inner work but i can not change the others if they don't wanna change themselves.

i have years on always gotten a quick flashback and then it replays regarding one soulmate or another as if my higher self? wish to explain something to me. it can be if someone has physical symtoms that are really psychosomatic but they don't get that, a fear, an overreaction to wanting protect me, a rage...

with the psychopath when i met him i did not like him one bit, it was terrible. he said he felt the opposite of me (later on) and i never told him i did not like him but he always said he knew i did not like him.And i did not like him for so long, and i tried to pretend he was just like everyone else around us, but he could tell he would say later especially as he tried to get closer.

i remember, and this i always kept to myself because i felt so rude and i'm never like this, but i thought he really smelled sweat even if i knew in this reality he did not, absolutely not, not even close, but it was as if this smell just if he was getting closer as if i wanted to steer my nose in the other direction. It wasn't even a real smell! i knew that! if the flashback is correct - he was pretty darn sweaty in that one and i can imagine had a smell to him. it's just weird. God, I'm just weird, I know it, LOL.

Izz 02-04-2022 07:23 AM

I think yes, we do change. This year 2022, my purpose was revealed to me - I came here to learn my power (it's not a coincidence that I was born with life path number 1). This tells me that we do and can change

Miss Hepburn 02-04-2022 02:38 PM

Just my take on this

Hmm, change from different lives. It could take a brick falling on your head to change...
if you are really stuck in a trait...as I was.

I am -95% 'unstuck', have learned...but that 5% is still in me.
Ya have to really WANT to change, be better, stop the bad habit or character flaw.

Iow, If robbing banks for 5 life times satisfies a part of you ...
you will not change! If a small part wants to change it can take many bricks or a wall to fall over on you before you stop.

It's funny cuz society could think you are so so bad stealing $1000 from your company.
But your Guides are rejoicing since you have stopped robbing many banks at gunpoint!!!

Nothing is ever what it seems.

(I will comment: a mentally ill person, say, a sociopath this life may be one
simply because he wanted to experience what it was like...to deepen his understanding.
Ref to Rob Schwartz's research...and others, of course. There are all sorts of reasons we are the way we are this lifetime.)

Justin Passing 14-04-2022 11:02 PM

We're human. We like to make sense of things. Find reasons. Understand. That's the way we think. But reasons are just reasons. Dime a dozen - everyone's got them.

@asearcher - it may be that you only recognize the things that are the same in you in your past lives. Things that are different might be kind of invisible to you. Each of us has our own perspective, and it's kind of a filter. Typically we only recognize things we understand or things that stick out - that engage our attempts to understand. Anything else tends to disappear. Subconsciously I expect we perceive it all, but consciously we don't. Honestly, I think it would be hard to fairly assess our progress from life to life. As Miss Hepburn rightly points out our perspective is so limited.

So what if we don't change much? Perhaps we're just missing the point. Perhaps the things you identify with as you aren't what's important. Clearly, they're important to you, but....

I still think it's more worthwhile to look at these experiences as pointing at things - via feelings typically - that would benefit from our attention. Just my two cents obviously.

asearcher 15-04-2022 11:12 AM

Yes I think you're right Justin, I have felt that I must be the slowest-learning-spirit-out there, now there is hope even for me, hi hi.

Thank you :)

kris 17-04-2022 02:00 PM

What drives changes is our experiences. As I said in the thread on understanding evil , immediate results of wrongful behavior are often beneficial to those who do wrong. When one dies with such experiences in life, he is unlikely to change much in subsequent life. The change then can come when karma catches up with our behavior and we start seeing some of the unpleasant repercussions of our behavior.

inavalan 17-04-2022 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asearcher
I've done past life meditations ...

From my experience with regressions, and the way I view reality, when you pass on you don't change a lot. It is about the same sensation you have when you wake up from a dream. You are pretty much the same, but a little more clear-minded, more focused, better critical factor, more coherent, with other goals than those you had in your dream, ... But, as you said: you don't change that much in regard to who you are and what you can.