Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Hinduism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Trimorti 3 Major Hindu Gods Brahma Vishnu Mahesh (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137779)

rajneshrai 05-11-2020 12:56 PM

Trimorti 3 Major Hindu Gods Brahma Vishnu Mahesh

Are these gods are Supreme Being?

HITESH SHAH 05-11-2020 02:12 PM

trimurti

List any govt there are thousands offices and departments but each with lots of different roles ,responsibilities and functions. But ultimately government remains the same.

This way God too works in numerous capacities and roles . God is Generator , Operator and Destroyer (G.O.D.) primarily . Brahma , Vishunu , Mahesh can be categorized as the 3 different kinds of functions He may be doing .

Miss Hepburn 05-11-2020 04:29 PM

Yes.
Aspects is a good word, I think.

My father was romantic with my mom...with me he was a whole different person! Aspects of the same being.

HITESH SHAH 05-11-2020 05:04 PM

multi-faceted

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes.

My father was romantic with my mom...with me he was a whole different person! Aspects of the same being.

Yes indeed God is multi-faceted and visualization like this alone can help us . Every time we deal with a Govt , we dont say govt of a country all the time . We say customs dept ,GST dept , excide dept , immigration , health ministry, war ministry etc . Same way individuals also can have multi-faceted functions and aspects .

So there is no reason God should have only one form and identification so long as there is clear understanding of the entity behind such name/form .

iamakhilsharma694 31-03-2021 09:49 AM

Yes they are supreme

Still_Waters 31-03-2021 01:31 PM

Quote:

Yes.

"Aspects" is exactly the word that I too use. :smile: :hug3:

NoOne 21-04-2021 01:16 PM

They are all emanations from the Brahman, but from my perspective Lord Shiva is the highest being in the Universe. Others may see it differently.

Maheshwara, to me, is like the Supreme Consciousness, the power and intelligence that underlies the Universe. Still, he came from Brahman and to it he will return. I guess Brahma is the creative outflowing, the personalisation of the Brahman's will, even desire to manifest and to create, whereas Vishnu is the connecting tissue, the will and force that holds all of it together.

People also tend to forget that Shiva's power is Shakti, she is what enables all of this. She may not get any of the credit, but without her, nothing would exist.

BigJohn 21-04-2021 01:21 PM

I look at Trimurti as the triune gods Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.

Miss Hepburn 21-04-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoOne
They are all emanations from the Brahman, but from my perspective Lord Shiva is the highest being in the Universe.
People also tend to forget that Shiva's power is Shakti, she is what enables all of this.
She may not get any of the credit, but without her, nothing would exist.

I would super like to know more on this, since you're right ...so many around the world worship or revere Shiva;
rather than Krishna, an incarnation of Vishnu, right?* Or Brahman or is it Brahma? I never know!
People are nuts for Shiva. :tongue:

* I get mixed up, cuz in the Gita, Ch 11 Lord Krishna says that He is Lord Shiva.
But, in the Mahabarata Krishna is Vishnu...

NoOne 21-04-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

I would super like to know more on this, since you're right ...so many around the world worship or revere Shiva;
rather than Krishna, an incarnation of Vishnu, right? Or Brahman or is it Brahma? I never know!
People are nuts for Shiva. :tongue:

I'm not an expert on it, at times like these I really miss Shivani Devi, she would know this stuff just off the cuff :biggrin:

Just from my personal contact with him, I cannot imagine any intelligence or power greater than Lord Shiva. It is just at a different level and vibration than anyone else, very high up, at the very edges of what a human can even comprehend.

From my perspective, Lord Vishnu is a powerful being, but from descriptions of Vaikuntha, which is the realm he inhabits, we learn that there are many others like him, an entire realm, planet or plane of existence populated by beings like him, so he does not appear to be unique in that respect.

As for Brahma, he is the creator God of Hinduism, but relatively little is known about him. He doesn't take such an active role once creation has taken place. He is quite distinct from the Brahman, which is impersonal, the Sanskrit word for the Absolute. It has no attributes as such, because it is unmanifest, more like potentiality of which anything can be born.

Even Shiva doesn't take such an active role in the affairs of the Universe, because his power is expressed in Shakti, She is how the supreme being comes into contact with created beings.