Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Encouragement to Stay on The Way. (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131134)

Aknaton 08-09-2019 05:54 PM

Encouragement to Stay on The Way.
 
Hello my brothers and sisters, and all who strive towards the Body of Christ. I would like to share some encouragement that you stay on The Way that our Lord Jesus Christ gave us, and indeed is our Lord Jesus Christ. God, who is bringing us to Him on a moment by moment basis as far as we are willing to cooperate. God, whose Love and Mercy have neither beginning nor end. God, who gives power to the discerning and wisdom to the wise; being just to all people regardless of creed, religion, race and what have you. God, who looks at our hearts intent and rewards all our deeds, to Whom Justice belongs.

Let us always bring before us the message that our Lord Jesus Christ left for us to share with others, and let's be strong in holding onto that and nothing else. Let's not allow any adulteration to come to this message with was meant for all but received by a few.

1. St. John the Baptist came and preached repentance and the right ways of the Lord. He spoke of the soon coming Baptism.
2. Jesus, our Messiah and Saviour preached repentance and the right ways of the Lord. He brought the Baptism.
3. The Apostles who were sent by Jesus preached repentance and brought the Logos to bear through this Baptism.

We as members of the Body of Christ are to follow what the Apostles did and not stray from this message no matter what; neither adding nor subtracting from it.

However, there are teachings that creep into this message and dilute it, denying its all-saving power and make it of no use. There are teachers that lead the way and delude others into thinking that The Way is one part of the answer and the answer can be found in many other ways. There are many self-formed ideas having they're foundation upon the ego that have as their only aim to mislead.

Now, ours is not a path that is next to other possible paths to get to the truth; it is The Path & there is none other. There are only two paths, the wide one and the narrow one. Ours cannot be given by an advanced student in the mastery of mind and breath sitted in trance in his cave; flesh and bones will rot. Ours comes from the Incorruptible One who has power over life and death. Ours cannot be attained by some meditation or mental discipline, some physical exercise involving pose or breath. What truth lies within the flesh? Then those far older than us would have reached it. What truth lies within the mind? Then those who have minds would have reached it. What truth lies in the breath? Isn't this not an action of a living heart and functioning lungs?

We cannot reach the truth by our own self, we need the Creator to fill in the blanks. This is our way, given to us that we must walk, and the message must be taught undiluted.

The Good Shepherd extends His Hands in a gesture of blessing to His beloved flock and sends His regards.

God bless you my brothers and sisters.

ThatMan 08-09-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aknaton
Hello my brothers and sisters, and all who strive towards the Body of Christ. I would like to share some encouragement that you stay on The Way that our Lord Jesus Christ gave us, and indeed is our Lord Jesus Christ. God, who is bringing us to Him on a moment by moment basis as far as we are willing to cooperate. God, whose Love and Mercy have neither beginning nor end. God, who gives power to the discerning and wisdom to the wise; being just to all people regardless of creed, religion, race and what have you. God, who looks at our hearts intent and rewards all our deeds, to Whom Justice belongs.

Let us always bring before us the message that our Lord Jesus Christ left for us to share with others, and let's be strong in holding onto that and nothing else. Let's not allow any adulteration to come to this message with was meant for all but received by a few.

1. St. John the Baptist came and preached repentance and the right ways of the Lord. He spoke of the soon coming Baptism.
2. Jesus, our Messiah and Saviour preached repentance and the right ways of the Lord. He brought the Baptism.
3. The Apostles who were sent by Jesus preached repentance and brought the Logos to bear through this Baptism.

We as members of the Body of Christ are to follow what the Apostles did and not stray from this message no matter what; neither adding nor subtracting from it.

However, there are teachings that creep into this message and dilute it, denying its all-saving power and make it of no use. There are teachers that lead the way and delude others into thinking that The Way is one part of the answer and the answer can be found in many other ways. There are many self-formed ideas having they're foundation upon the ego that have as their only aim to mislead.

Now, ours is not a path that is next to other possible paths to get to the truth; it is The Path & there is none other. There are only two paths, the wide one and the narrow one. Ours cannot be given by an advanced student in the mastery of mind and breath sitted in trance in his cave; flesh and bones will rot. Ours comes from the Incorruptible One who has power over life and death. Ours cannot be attained by some meditation or mental discipline, some physical exercise involving pose or breath. What truth lies within the flesh? Then those far older than us would have reached it. What truth lies within the mind? Then those who have minds would have reached it. What truth lies in the breath? Isn't this not an action of a living heart and functioning lungs?

We cannot reach the truth by our own self, we need the Creator to fill in the blanks. This is our way, given to us that we must walk, and the message must be taught undiluted.

The Good Shepherd extends His Hands in a gesture of blessing to His beloved flock and sends His regards.

God bless you my brothers and sisters.


I agree with everything you said! Aknaton, I just want to share with you that while reading this post I saw an orb of light floating over your words.

sky123 08-09-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aknaton
Hello my brothers and sisters, and all who strive towards the Body of Christ. I would like to share some encouragement that you stay on The Way that our Lord Jesus Christ gave us, and indeed is our Lord Jesus Christ. God, who is bringing us to Him on a moment by moment basis as far as we are willing to cooperate. God, whose Love and Mercy have neither beginning nor end. God, who gives power to the discerning and wisdom to the wise; being just to all people regardless of creed, religion, race and what have you. God, who looks at our hearts intent and rewards all our deeds, to Whom Justice belongs.

Let us always bring before us the message that our Lord Jesus Christ left for us to share with others, and let's be strong in holding onto that and nothing else. Let's not allow any adulteration to come to this message with was meant for all but received by a few.

1. St. John the Baptist came and preached repentance and the right ways of the Lord. He spoke of the soon coming Baptism.
2. Jesus, our Messiah and Saviour preached repentance and the right ways of the Lord. He brought the Baptism.
3. The Apostles who were sent by Jesus preached repentance and brought the Logos to bear through this Baptism.

We as members of the Body of Christ are to follow what the Apostles did and not stray from this message no matter what; neither adding nor subtracting from it.

However, there are teachings that creep into this message and dilute it, denying its all-saving power and make it of no use. There are teachers that lead the way and delude others into thinking that The Way is one part of the answer and the answer can be found in many other ways. There are many self-formed ideas having they're foundation upon the ego that have as their only aim to mislead.

Now, ours is not a path that is next to other possible paths to get to the truth; it is The Path & there is none other. There are only two paths, the wide one and the narrow one. Ours cannot be given by an advanced student in the mastery of mind and breath sitted in trance in his cave; flesh and bones will rot. Ours comes from the Incorruptible One who has power over life and death. Ours cannot be attained by some meditation or mental discipline, some physical exercise involving pose or breath. What truth lies within the flesh? Then those far older than us would have reached it. What truth lies within the mind? Then those who have minds would have reached it. What truth lies in the breath? Isn't this not an action of a living heart and functioning lungs?

We cannot reach the truth by our own self, we need the Creator to fill in the blanks. This is our way, given to us that we must walk, and the message must be taught undiluted.

The Good Shepherd extends His Hands in a gesture of blessing to His beloved flock and sends His regards.

God bless you my brothers and sisters.




Jesus Meditated and taught his Disciples. Throughout the Psalms there are many references to meditation.

Joshua 1:8, it is stated: “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written herein; for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous and then thou shalt have good success.”

In the Old Testament (Genesis 24:63) it is stated that Isaac goes out to meditate: “And Isaac went out to meditate in the fields at the eventide, and he lifted up his eyes, and saw, and behold the camels were coming.”

So maybe if you do some research in the OT and the NT you will see Meditation is indeed practiced.....



May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD Psalm 104:34.

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD Psalm 19:14.

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. (Psalm 1:1-2)


I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your wonders of old. I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds. Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God? (Psalm 77:11-13)

In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.” (Psalm 119:14-16)


Aknaton, it would be beneficial for you to research before disregarding different practises :smile:

sky123 08-09-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatMan
I agree with everything you said! Aknaton, I just want to share with you that while reading this post I saw an orb of light floating over your words.




If you agree why do you Meditate ?

Aknaton 09-09-2019 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatMan
I agree with everything you said! Aknaton, I just want to share with you that while reading this post I saw an orb of light floating over your words.

AMEN. Thanks ThatMan for this observation.

Honza 09-09-2019 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
If you agree why do you Meditate ?


Once again you misconstrue. No one said you should not meditate or that it is unholy. It was stated that meditation is not the path to God. However it may still be helpful.

Honza 09-09-2019 07:28 AM

Thank you very much for the encouragement. I find the discussions that go on in this Christian section distressful and unhelpful. Every single post in this section is leapt upon by the unfaithful and destroyed.

I understand that this is a multi faith and open spiritual forum. But people could at least have the decency to leave the Christian section to the Christians. There are scores of other sections for all the other paths.

sky123 09-09-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Once again you misconstrue. No one said you should not meditate or that it is unholy. It was stated that meditation is not the path to God. However it may still be helpful.



Hi Honza, long time no see, hope your not going to shout again before your hurt :biggrin:

Jesus must have found that Meditation is one of the paths to God otherwise he wouldn't have taught it to his Disciples nor spent 40 days/nights Meditating in the desert :smile:

sky123 09-09-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Thank you very much for the encouragement. I find the discussions that go on in this Christian section distressful and unhelpful. Every single post in this section is leapt upon by the unfaithful and destroyed.

I understand that this is a multi faith and open spiritual forum. But people could at least have the decency to leave the Christian section to the Christians. There are scores of other sections for all the other paths.




' distressful and unhelpful.'

Maybe because you jump to the wrong conclusions like you did regarding Meister Eckhart .
There are many paths in Christianity also, nothing is written in stone....

' They do him wrong who take God just in one particular way. They take the way rather than God '

Aknaton 10-09-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Hi Honza, long time no see, hope your not going to shout again before your hurt :biggrin:

Jesus must have found that Meditation is one of the paths to God otherwise he wouldn't have taught it to his Disciples nor spent 40 days/nights Meditating in the desert :smile:

He did not find the path to God, He is the Path and He is God.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums