Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Encouragement to Stay on The Way. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131134)

sky 21-09-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I occasionally get too serious as well, and that is why I love your lighten-up posts ! :thumbsup:

The problem with Bogs is that you can get sucked down and then your in big trouble :D
Unfortunately you can become trapped in dogma and you can't rely on Religion you pull you out....

Still_Waters 22-09-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
The problem with Bogs is that you can get sucked down and then your in big trouble :D
Unfortunately you can become trapped in dogma and you can't rely on Religion you pull you out....

Exactly ! What more can one add to that ! :hug3:

davidmartin 23-09-2019 09:12 PM

Quote:

we are all unequal. there is no agreed definition of what is a religious dead end or not, there is no one size fits all standard and no-one qualified to enforce it. we're all different.

BigJohn 23-09-2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmartin
we are all unequal. there is no agreed definition of what is a religious dead end or not, there is no one size fits all standard and no-one qualified to enforce it. we're all different.

You got that right 100% right as far as I am concerned.

Still_Waters 24-09-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmartin

I agree with you that "there is no one size fits all standard and no one qualified to enforce it. We're all different."

Well said.

sky 24-09-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

I agree with you that "there is no one size fits all standard and no one qualified to enforce it. We're all different."

Well said.

Wear a smile :biggrin: ,
One size fits all.....

Still_Waters 25-09-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Wear a smile :biggrin: ,
One size fits all.....

You are a master of koan-like paradox. :smile:

The path of PERFECT freedom is paradoxically CHOICELESS. So much for "free will". I like koan-like paradoxes as well. :smile:

sky 26-09-2019 04:48 AM

Quote:

You are a master of koan-like paradox. :smile:

The path of PERFECT freedom is paradoxically CHOICELESS. So much for "free will". I like koan-like paradoxes as well. :smile:

The only ' free will ' we have is the choice to think we have ' Free will ' :icon_eek:

Still_Waters 26-09-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

The only ' free will ' we have is the choice to think we have ' Free will ' :icon_eek:

So what happens with "free will", in your opinion, when one goes beyond thinking ? :smile:

sky 26-09-2019 04:09 PM

Quote:

So what happens with "free will", in your opinion, when one goes beyond thinking ? :smile:

What do you mean by ' beyond thinking ' SW?. Pure Awareness or something different...