Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Forum Help (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Email notification suddenly stopped (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=141885)

AwarenessMonk 31-10-2021 08:05 AM

Email notification suddenly stopped

For some reason I stopped getting email notifications, although there were new postings. I've checked CP > Subscribed Threads > List Subscriptions
and found that it's still set to "Instant".

Am I missing something?

bobjob 31-10-2021 08:24 AM

Over a long period I've observed the website software isn't always reliable. Periodic re-setting of the notifications is worth trying and manually checking for new postings. That's what I do - I stopped relying on notifications way back....

AwarenessMonk 01-11-2021 02:16 AM

Thanks for replying. I wonder if it might have to do with using the the "Quick Reply", which I'm not using now. It seems to have stopped when I started using it for a thread. Let me test with this one. Can you say something? I'll reply later with the "Quick Reply".

bobjob 01-11-2021 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AwarenessMonk
Thanks for replying. I wonder if it might have to do with using the the "Quick Reply", which I'm not using now. It seems to have stopped when I started using it for a thread. Let me test with this one. Can you say something? I'll reply later with the "Quick Reply".

This should be a test for your idea.
Over the recent years, though, I've experienced various glitches on SF that I've never experienced on other websites so it may just be 'one of those things' here....

AwarenessMonk 01-11-2021 08:40 AM

Some spooky spirit...
OK, I'm still getting notifications. This one is done with the Quick Reply.
Please reply as you did above, and we'll see.

bobjob 01-11-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Some spooky spirit...
OK, I'm still getting notifications. This one is done with the Quick Reply.
Please reply as you did above, and we'll see.

I received email notification of this message too so I hope you will. :)

AwarenessMonk 02-11-2021 02:28 AM

Yup. Got it too. Hypothesis discarded.

I'm in another forum using vBulletin as well, and at one point, we weren't getting any notifications at all. I recall that the problem was solved simply by updating the software.

bobjob 02-11-2021 07:01 AM

Quote:

Yup. Got it too. Hypothesis discarded.
I'm in another forum using vBulletin as well, and at one point, we weren't getting any notifications at all. I recall that the problem was solved simply by updating the software.

Yes out-of-date software might be an issue but I don't know that.
I just check manually but I visit several times a day anyway so I'm never much behind with new postings.

charly233 11-01-2023 06:27 AM

Quote:

For some reason I stopped getting email notifications, although there were new postings. I've checked CP > Subscribed Threads > List Subscriptions
and found that it's still set to "Instant".

Am I missing something?

Same thing has happened to me.

I can't figure out how to get the notifications to work again.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Miss Hepburn 11-01-2023 03:54 PM

Sorry, I am of no help.