Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Energy Work (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Protecting from diffuse collective energy (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142394)

curvedlines 21-12-2021 12:47 PM

Protecting from diffuse collective energy

I meditate and protect myself energetically as much as possible. Yet, it feels like I take on collective energies and it affects my mental peace.
For instance- since the past few days, I've been feeling strangely uneasy. Sort of a melancholic feeling which could not be pinned down to a source. My life is quite uneventful so it did not originate in my home.
Today, I received a phone call informing me about an aging relative's passing. Apparently, he was in pain the past few days and passed away a few hours ago.
As soon as I heard the news, it felt like the dark cloud hanging over me lifted.

Ironically, I have not met this relative in the past 15 years. So, it is kind of confusing why I felt his energy so strongly.

How do I protect myself?

asearcher 24-12-2021 10:09 PM

I think it is at the start before or the steps before you go in a deeper meditation state that you try to ground yourself and imagine you being shielded in a bubble of light.

curvedlines 27-12-2021 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asearcher
I think it is at the start before or the steps before you go in a deeper meditation state that you try to ground yourself and imagine you being shielded in a bubble of light.

Thank you!. I do practice grounding techniques, but it still feels like I'm quite open to collective energies. Maybe this is how its meant to be.

Guillaume 27-12-2021 07:30 AM

Maybe it's not that event, and you just needed to talk to someone to have your mind clearer.
Also in the past days the energy is quite flat for me, but the full moon was great.
Can you feel the moon energy?

BigJohn 27-12-2021 07:39 AM

curvelines,
sometimes all we have to do is modify or change our belief systems which seems simple but generally is not.

Have you ever thought about looking at some Celtic, etc. beliefs on their views dealing with death?

curvedlines 27-12-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume
Maybe it's not that event, and you just needed to talk to someone to have your mind clearer.
Also in the past days the energy is quite flat for me, but the full moon was great.
Can you feel the moon energy?

Oh yes. I practice divination (astrology/tarot etc), so I'm quite attuned to the moon cycles.

curvedlines 27-12-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
curvelines,
sometimes all we have to do is modify or change our belief systems which seems simple but generally is not.

Have you ever thought about looking at some Celtic, etc. beliefs on their views dealing with death?

How do you mean modify belief systems?

BigJohn 27-12-2021 04:28 PM

as an example, I stopped fearing Hell after I adopted a belief system that does not believe in Hell. I was always told I was going to go to Hell in a handbasket. Then I realized if handbaskets were that big, I would just fall out the bottom. Later, I realized Hell came from the Bible. And then I found out, some of the newer Bibles use Hell not that often and then I found out some Bibles don't even use Hell. It appears, Hell, came about from poor translations.

Rereading your initial question, you asked about "Protecting from diffuse collective energy". I suspect the issue does not have to do with protection but has to do with how to handle picking up from others. I suspect you are very sensitive and pick up on others. If that is true, I have to think more on the subject.

I suspect, when you were a child, you picked up on others and at that time, it wasn't a problem. And I suspect later on in life, you learned about picking up energies from others, and if that is true, that belief should be changed back to what you used to believe.

BigJohn 27-12-2021 04:28 PM

But then...... I could be 100% off track.

Can you help me out by providing more information?

curvedlines 28-12-2021 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Rereading your initial question, you asked about "Protecting from diffuse collective energy". I suspect the issue does not have to do with protection but has to do with how to handle picking up from others. I suspect you are very sensitive and pick up on others. If that is true, I have to think more on the subject.

The bolded. Thanks for identifying what I was trying to say but didn't.

I suppose I'm seeking answers on how to filter out what is unnecessary and focus on what is important. Maybe because of sensitivity, I get bombarded with all sorts of stimuli which I find difficult to sieve through, iykwim.