Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   How Does God Communicate With You? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142592)

Animal 10-01-2022 07:40 AM

How Does God Communicate With You?

I've heard people say "God told me" or "God talks to me" and I'd like to know how it is done. Does God talk to you? Do you hear his voice, or does he use another form of communication?

HITESH SHAH 11-01-2022 03:26 PM

Gods language

God is love n that is his language . It is feelings n experience and may not be literal words in human languages. To communicate with him we must use his language of love(devoid of material considerations).

Bambo 11-01-2022 05:53 PM

God is beautiul......... Yes he is love.......

I dunno why he lets certain things go on and on like senseless killing and evilness but he IS love......

jaminhealth 12-01-2022 11:51 PM

Boy if there is a god, all I can see is a lot of grief and destruction and sadness from all this Virus mess the world is going thru.

My grandson was told his college would open up again to "in person" learning and now they are changing their mind AGAIN, want these young people to do zoom learning, that is not what my grandson wants, so will drop out. The family is praying to a god, but I see so much damage continues. Our state is horrible with power and control.

Miss Hepburn 13-01-2022 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animal
I've heard people say "God told me" or "God talks to me" and I'd like to know how it is done.
Does God talk to you? Do you hear his voice, or does he use another form of communication?

I know, right? I thought the same thing when people casually would say those things.
Long day, I might come back and say more.

Bambo 13-01-2022 03:50 AM

Its always good hearing from you Miss H :smile:

Molearner 13-01-2022 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animal
I've heard people say "God told me" or "God talks to me" and I'd like to know how it is done. Does God talk to you? Do you hear his voice, or does he use another form of communication?

Animal,

Within the Bible a progression is evident in the way that God communicates. After the Fall from the Garden the Spirit was withdrawn from man with the exception of the chosen few. Therefore we have the very literal communication of the 10 Commandments being written in stone…..this need to be this literal seems to indicate that man lacked conscience. Communication from God became the province of prophets…..and the OT had many. Prophecy has the character of being secondhand information…..one must accept the word of another.

Elijah in 1 Kings 19:11-13 was a precursor of this progression. v. 12….”and after the fire a still small voice”….how do we characterize this ? Spirit, intuition, conscience…? We are given the sense that only Elijah could have heard this…that it would have not been audible to a bystander.

Continuing this progression are the words of the prophet Jeremiah……Jeremiah 31:33-34 describes the new covenant which for all practical purposes sounds like a promise and prediction for what we call conscience. v. 33….”I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts”….sounds like a conscience inspired by the Spirit.

One notices in thr NT that while prophets still exist they are not given the attention or significance of those of the OT. This is because the Spirit was made available to all mankind at Pentecost…..fulfilling the New Covenant. There should be caution for those who audibly hear God in present times…..the danger is that one can come to believe that this is the only genuine way that God speaks to us. Thus it can morph into a way of testing God. This can be at the expense of ignoring our conscience, our intuition, the glories of nature and the acts of love which demonstrate God’s presence with us. We should have a continual sense that God communicates with us rather than waiting for moments of ecstasy.

Miss Hepburn 13-01-2022 08:42 PM

How does God commmunicate to you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molearner
Animal, Within the Bible a progression is evident in the way that God communicates.

Yes, good research. But, how does God communicate to you?

(I will answer in a pm to you, Animal, btw... pretty soon...it's very sacred, so
I have to give it my full attention.)

Molearner 13-01-2022 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes, good research. But, how does God communicate to you?

.)

Miss Hepburn,

The short answer is via the Spirit. It rarely comes by what others might call a revelation. It comes by providing the understanding for questions….sometimes questions that I have not considered….:). Essentially it directs me to sources…..either scriptures, books, happenings or specific people. It makes the way….making the crooked roads straight.

FallingLeaves 14-01-2022 12:43 AM

he doesn't... i get everything secondhand and then have to sort the wheat from the chaff...