Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Rain! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128952)

Found Goat 17-09-2020 06:32 PM

Although I wouldn't want to inhabit a pluvial region (say, a rainforest), there is nothing quite like going for a rejuvenating stroll after a downpour, amid the lovely verdure and refreshing redolence of springtime.

When indoors during a drizzle, the sound of the rain has a soothing quality and a positive psychological effect on me. Rainshowers are for many people an unwelcome aspect of the changing weather. For me, so long as I am sheltered from the wetness, they are cathartic experiences that go well with a cup of tea (preferably, peppermint or Earl Grey).

If I were to live in a tropical setting or somewhere else where it was overly warm and balmy all year round, I'd probably suffer from melancholia on account of the unchanging temperature. Sunny days are equally pleasant in moderation, but too much of them leaves me yearning for the ethereal nature of dewy vistas and introverted skies.

Whenever I'm feeling rain-deprived due to heat waves, I like listening to Thunderstorm In The Wilderness -- fifty minutes of the sounds of rain and thunderclaps -- aural wallpaper that nicely helps elevate my mood and restore my sense of spiritual equilibrium.

Yes, even the occasional thundershower makes my spirit rejoice. About the only time I dislike even a mizzle is when I get caught in one, as when on the golf course which has me trying to juggle a club and a brolly.

Incidentally, religious superstition has it that the rainbow originated with a promise made by the OT nonentity following the great Deluge of yore. Science explains the phenomenon in less supernatural terms.

P.S. Ordinarily, not a fan of love ballads, however I do like "Making Love In The Rain" off Herb Alpert's Definitive Hits.

Heightend-Awareness 06-12-2020 08:15 AM

I love the rain too, in small to medium doses. Sub-tropical temperate zones.

Elfin 06-12-2020 01:42 PM

WOW.... An oldish thread... Lovely images everyone... Altair, come live in UK... Loads of rain LOL.... And in Leeds /Kent and probably other places , lots of indoor "tropical " world's to explore.... ( Plus the added bonus of the "you know what!!"...) Heehee....

Altair 06-12-2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
WOW.... An oldish thread... Lovely images everyone... Altair, come live in UK... Loads of rain LOL.... And in Leeds /Kent and probably other places , lots of indoor "tropical " world's to explore.... ( Plus the added bonus of the "you know what!!"...) Heehee....

Yeah.. cause you got rain, castles, idyllic countryside, cliffs, chocolate cakes, fish n' chips, and football.

You know what I also like.. the variety in accents. You have some accents that sound so sexy.

Not sure I could live in the UK though, unless it's somewhere in the countryside.

Indoor tropical worlds? Like..?

linen53 06-12-2020 08:04 PM

Altair, loved the video in post 9. I am from the Pacific NW and very familiar with these rain forest scenes.

but let me give it a 3D appeal. The smells. Wet vegetation. Cool. Clean air that you can fill your lungs with and don't want to exhale. Mud puddles everywhere so you'd best wear appropriate foot gear. A half mile in your lower pant legs are wet from the slapping against low vegetation.

Wet ferns and leaves caressing your face as you walk by them, water dripping from the trees far above.

I've seen clovers as big as a man's fist, and ferns taller than me. Spongy moss is everywhere and thrives in these wet forests.

If it's raining, so what. In the Pacific NW you don't cancel plans because of a rain storm. The droplets are warm, soon, your hair is wet and stringy and all you can do is laugh at how silly you look to each other. If you were smart or a native you would have packed a 99 cent plastic poncho to keep your clothes at least mostly dry.

And the whole scene will cleanse your soul and fill you with cool, peaceful energy by the end of the trail.

BigJohn 07-12-2020 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
I love the rain too, in small to medium doses. Sub-tropical temperate zones.

I lived in the tropics for about 8 - 10 years.

I loved looking out my window, on the 9th floor, and see the rain cloud down below, raining.

Nothing like walking down the street and ..... picking a banana or seeing a monkey.

BigJohn 07-12-2020 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair
Yeah.. cause you got rain, castles, idyllic countryside, cliffs, chocolate cakes, fish n' chips, and football.

You know what I also like.. the variety in accents. You have some accents that sound so sexy.

Not sure I could live in the UK though, unless it's somewhere in the countryside.

Are you referring to Elfin's accent?

truly, her accent is worthy to listen to...... even though she doubts herself.

I once worked for a British company and it was interesting to listen to them speak. The one accent I had a hard time understanding was from one of my brother-in-laws who originally was from southern Ohio, USA!

Elfin 07-12-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altair

Gosh... We've come full circle... Back to the wolf !!... Ah he's lovely.... We don't have many of those here.. but of all the above mentioned , you must have those things too ???!! LOL... We have visitor attractions of "tropical" places , such as tropical world in Leeds, and a bigger attraction in Kent , the Eden project I believe it's called. ... Both make you strip your clothes off which is unheard of here... Normally we Scrabble to find as many as we can to put ON !!!.... Oh but Altair, if it's countryside , scenery and beauty you crave, then there is plenty to choose from.... Some absolutely STUNNING places to live / visit... And they get the rain LOL... Which of the English Regional accents do you favour?... I'm Yorkshire... Sounds as common as muck !!! My favourite, hands down is the Geordie accent... ( Cheryl Cole as an example of a Geordie)...

Elfin 07-12-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Are you referring to Elfin's accent?

truly, her accent is worthy to listen to...... even though she doubts herself.

I once worked for a British company and it was interesting to listen to them speak. The one accent I had a hard time understanding was from one of my brother-in-laws who originally was from southern Ohio, USA!

.....Honestly John.... When I hear people on TV with my accent I'm embarrassed LOL.....

Altair 07-12-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
Gosh... We've come full circle... Back to the wolf !!... Ah he's lovely.... We don't have many of those here.. but of all the above mentioned , you must have those things too ???!! LOL... We have visitor attractions of "tropical" places , such as tropical world in Leeds, and a bigger attraction in Kent , the Eden project I believe it's called. ... Both make you strip your clothes off which is unheard of here... Normally we Scrabble to find as many as we can to put ON !!!.... Oh but Altair, if it's countryside , scenery and beauty you crave, then there is plenty to choose from.... Some absolutely STUNNING places to live / visit... And they get the rain LOL... Which of the English Regional accents do you favour?... I'm Yorkshire... Sounds as common as muck !!! My favourite, hands down is the Geordie accent... ( Cheryl Cole as an example of a Geordie)...

Yes, Cheryl has a nice accent. Those kind of accents sounds so attractive on a woman!! I love it.:love7:
I don't know the names for each accent, I'll have to look into it..

I've been to southern England, all the way to the end. And been to Wales. I liked Snowdonia..
I enjoy all the small pubs and taverns, the hedges and hills... In a way it feels like you're in Lord of the Rings.