Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   The Sanctuary (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Something Good That Happened Today (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120699)

Elfin 06-12-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Being you almost 'kicked the bucket'..........
I can see why you are so happy to be alive.

That was one .adventure. you will not forget.

True..... And one that you won't forget either... !!! ... I appeared to put you through it too , as being my "designated " spokesman .... So I am happy that I had you to help me nearly "kick the bucket " LOL...

BigJohn 07-12-2020 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
True..... And one that you won't forget either... !!! ... I appeared to put you through it too , as being my "designated " spokesman .... So I am happy that I had you to help me nearly "kick the bucket " LOL...


Don't say that......

I felt like I was put thru one of those old fashion clothes wringers!


One day, my sister called me and told me Mom is thinking of kicking the bucket. I told her to go to Mom's place and remove all of the buckets. ....... That probably gave her another 5-10 more years.

Kidding all aside,
what are friends suppose to do?

Elfin 07-12-2020 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Don't say that......

I felt like I was put thru one of those old fashion clothes wringers!


One day, my sister called me and told me Mom is thinking of kicking the bucket. I told her to go to Mom's place and remove all of the buckets. ....... That probably gave her another 5-10 more years.

Kidding all aside,
what are friends suppose to do?

I know!!.... But you were a diamond given that I could only just about manage to pick up the phone... Never mind type a message out. They were difficult days... Thank you x...... And NOW .... I'm looking forward to Christmas, all be it in a different way... And a lovely thing today will be to see my lovely grandson via video call. I haven't seen him in the physical since mid October... And won't see him probably until 2021... And yes of course i miss him... But the lovely thing is that at least I'm still here, and am not planning to go anywhere..... I have not had time to experience the boy coming to "grandma" with the "sob story" of his parents won't let him have this, that or the other...and Grandma saying "Hmmm..... Don't worry.. I'll "see what I can do".... Lol... ".... Knowing full well I'm putty in his hands, and WANT to experience that moment at least once before they throw me in the hole ...!!!

BigJohn 07-12-2020 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
I know!!.... But you were a diamond given that I could only just about manage to pick up the phone... Never mind type a message out. They were difficult days... Thank you x...... And NOW .... I'm looking forward to Christmas, all be it in a different way... And a lovely thing today will be to see my lovely grandson via video call. I haven't seen him in the physical since mid October... And won't see him probably until 2021... And yes of course i miss him... But the lovely thing is that at least I'm still here, and am not planning to go anywhere..... I have not had time to experience the boy coming to "grandma" with the "sob story" of his parents won't let him have this, that or the other...and Grandma saying "Hmmm..... Don't worry.. I'll "see what I can do".... Lol... ".... Knowing full well I'm putty in his hands, and WANT to experience that moment at least once before they throw me in the hole ...!!!


Thanks for the compliment but I only did what any friend would do. And then there is what brings a twinkle to your eyes....... he is so precious no wonder you love him so much!


As for the hole:
Don't worry about the hole...... you got a lot of good more years ahead of you.

As for me, well...... I know one thing..... I am not going to be thrown in a hole!

I plan on getting cremated. I once saw a cremation done outside. It was an old lady. The fire burned for a few days. I guessed they caked her body in a lot of resins because she 'smelt' really good.

Some say I am going to 'Hell' in a hand basket. A long time ago I came to the realization that wasn't going to happen. First, they don't make hand baskets that big and secondly, if they did, I would fall out the bottom.

Elfin 07-12-2020 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
Thanks for the compliment but I only did what any friend would do. And then there is what brings a twinkle to your eyes....... he is so precious no wonder you love him so much!


As for the hole:
Don't worry about the hole...... you got a lot of good more years ahead of you.

As for me, well...... I know one thing..... I am not going to be thrown in a hole!

I plan on getting cremated. I once saw a cremation done outside. It was an old lady. The fire burned for a few days. I guessed they caked her body in a lot of resins because she 'smelt' really good.

Some say I am going to 'Hell' in a hand basket. A long time ago I came to the realization that wasn't going to happen. First, they don't make hand baskets that big and secondly, if they did, I would fall out the bottom.

Heehee... And you won't go to hell either, as it does not exist... I won't go in a hole either, can't think of anything worse !... Cremation, nice and warm eveytime !!.... Today is a good day .. my little boy is like a golden angel... At least I have been able to experience being a grandma.... Children are so precious ...

Elfin 07-12-2020 09:05 AM

My daughter in law is finally getting help for depression..... It has only taken 2 and a half years ... Am really proud of her ...

BigJohn 07-12-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
Heehee... And you won't go to hell either, as it does not exist... I won't go in a hole either, can't think of anything worse !... Cremation, nice and warm eveytime !!.... Today is a good day .. my little boy is like a golden angel... At least I have been able to experience being a grandma.... Children are so precious ...


Where you able to physically see your bundle of joy?

BigJohn 07-12-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elfin
My daughter in law is finally getting help for depression..... It has only taken 2 and a half years ... Am really proud of her ...


Since this Pandemic began, I think a lot of people are experiencing various forms of depression. I know it affects me and what you have gone thru this year, I would not be surprised if depression has been high on your list.

hallow 09-12-2020 12:12 PM

Clear skies today. That's positive. Sun hasn't been out in almost a week. Won't see constant sun until mid January when the cold really digs it's claws in. In winter sunny = cold clouds= warm. Really messed with the senses. Another positive might see the northern lights (aurora borealis)here tonight. Love when they appear on a clear night.

BigJohn 10-12-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallow
Clear skies today. That's positive. Sun hasn't been out in almost a week. Won't see constant sun until mid January when the cold really digs it's claws in. In winter sunny = cold clouds= warm. Really messed with the senses. Another positive might see the northern lights (aurora borealis)here tonight. Love when they appear on a clear night.


hallow,
did you see the lights?


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums