Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   If your cards are not speaking ...... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4926)

Adrienne 20-10-2010 09:42 AM

If your cards are not speaking ......

If your cards are not speaking to you......

what do you do ?

I have a variety of Angel and oracle card decks, I am not into the Tarot decks.

Usually if one deck is not calling to me, another one is .... curious on the silence ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Spiritlite 20-10-2010 03:23 PM

Hmm good one. Sometimes I feel my cards aren't speaking to me, so usually I sage them or do some other cleansing techniques like holding it in your non dominant hand and tapping the excess negative energy with you dominant hand three times.
I also speak to them and say "tell me why you aren't talking to me" and I see what type of response I get. Usually for me it's because at that point deep down I'm not really believing the cards answer.
Spiritlite

Adrienne 20-10-2010 08:40 PM

hi Spiritlite,

Thanks for the idea of cleansing the cards, I haven't done that since I first purchased them.

For me, I don't think it's a case of me not believing them... as they are usually very in sync with what is going on in my life. And since I have a variety of card decks, there are times when I feel closer to some than to others... except recently. I don't feel close to any of them . Such a strange feeling.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Lynn 20-10-2010 09:11 PM

Hello

Like one cleases a crystal same it is with Cards and other tools we use.

I do not use Tarot Cards I do read them, but for me they Flash to me visually. At times I am asked do to a reading and NOTHING comes to me. Its not that there is a reason for me not to read this person, its more that I am not in the personal space to take on the reading.

What I do is ground me and I will do a clearing of the home. Then I will see where I am. If we are over tired or we are dealing with some levels of personal stresses maybe our Guide (s) shut us down a bit.

Lynn

Adrienne 21-10-2010 06:14 AM

hello Lynn,

I did know about cleansing the crystals, just didn't cross my mind to do the same with the cards. I am lucky they have been speaking to me at all, lol !

thank you for sharing about the tarot reading and nothing coming to you on occasion, good to know I am not the only one.

oh oh, on the last part, that could be my reasons, I confess to being overtired,and to the personal stresses. Perhaps it is my guides or Angels I need to be speaking to, to ask for help in taking care of these two issues and re- energizing my batteries ! Then cleanse my cards and see what happens .

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

ces 21-10-2010 04:38 PM

I keep a tiny peice of clear quartz in each deck, as it helps to cleanse them. When the forum was down, i hardly used my cards at all. felt kinda detached from everything including the cards. Am gently getting back with them now.
cesx

LightFilledHeart 21-10-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi Spiritlite,

Thanks for the idea of cleansing the cards, I haven't done that since I first purchased them.

For me, I don't think it's a case of me not believing them... as they are usually very in sync with what is going on in my life. And since I have a variety of card decks, there are times when I feel closer to some than to others... except recently. I don't feel close to any of them . Such a strange feeling.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

I use my card professionally, and thus must cleanse them after each reading, so as not to carry the energy from a prior reading into the next. I do it with sage or incense, coupled with intent :smile:

Enya 21-10-2010 09:31 PM

I get this sometimes... when I look at the cards and they are just - cards.
When that happens, I put them away and look within for my answers... or just leave the whole thing be.
Sometimes my cards rest for a while, not drawing me to use them at all. Other packs, I only use rarely, when they call me. Others are for particular focuses or sitters. It all depends on the energy of the cards, the situation and me.

Spiritlite 22-10-2010 03:18 AM

Sometimes I'm not close to my cards and other times I feel very close I think it's just mood it will pass you'll feel close to them again.
Spiritlite

Adrienne 22-10-2010 05:33 AM

ces ~ thanks, I also have a clear quartz in one of my card decks, just the first one that I purchased.

LightFilledHeart ~ that makes sense to clear the cards after a reading, may I ask does the energy from doing a reading affect the cards - even if you are the only one actually touching, handling the cards ?

Enya & Spiritlite ~ maybe I just needed a break from the cards, or like you said, maybe I need to just look within.

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions

Dream Angel xx