Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Using the powers of darkness for benevolent ends? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=137374)

Ahriman 26-09-2020 02:18 PM

Using the powers of darkness for benevolent ends?

I would consider myself a darkworker, and I have a deep, intuitive understanding of life/reality that not many people have, but despite that understanding, I am still very much a hedonist, with no real aspirations to speak of. I would call it having "the body of a beast and the mind of a poet." I do a lot of writing, but most of it is so personalized that it would be hard for anyone else to relate to it. I still want to help people. I feel as if I was put on Earth to nudge fence sitters in the direction of moral goodness, however, I am a being of darkness, and as such, cannot use the powers of the light to fulfill my mission. So I was wondering, could the powers of darkness be used for benevolent purposes? What do you think would be a good way to go about doing that?

Lorelyen 26-09-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman
I would consider myself a darkworker, and I have a deep, intuitive understanding of life/reality that not many people have, but despite that understanding, I am still very much a hedonist, with no real aspirations to speak of. I would call it having "the body of a beast and the mind of a poet." I do a lot of writing, but most of it is so personalized that it would be hard for anyone else to relate to it. I still want to help people. I feel as if I was put on Earth to nudge fence sitters in the direction of moral goodness, however, I am a being of darkness, and as such, cannot use the powers of the light to fulfill my mission. So I was wondering, could the powers of darkness be used for benevolent purposes? What do you think would be a good way to go about doing that?

Only you can decide that. The powers, energies, entities are as they are. It's best to enlist the power most likely to get a job done.

I wouldn't use a hacksaw to open a bar of chocolate any more than I'd call on Baron Zaraguin to help me with a love spell!

Oh....and who are you to judge what constitutes moral goodness? Why do you think people need help?

Ahriman 26-09-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Only you can decide that. The powers, energies, entities are as they are. It's best to enlist the power most likely to get a job done.

I wouldn't use a hacksaw to open a bar of chocolate any more than I'd call on Baron Zaraguin to help me with a love spell!

Oh....and who are you to judge what constitutes moral goodness? Why do you think people need help?

Well I don't think people need help, so much as I feel as if they need help. I would consider myself a compassionate person, I will admit I have a love/hate relationship with humanity, but at the end of the day, I just want everyone to be happy and free. I would even sacrifice my life if I knew it would make people happy. I'm not a great role model, but perhaps, that by showing people how not to behave, I can do some good in the world.