Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Channeling (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   A Note About Channeling (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122342)

bartholomew 30-04-2018 10:45 AM

A Note About Channeling

This is just a short post to say that in my experience as a conscious channel the feelings that are present during a session indicate a connection to some higher place. One that I normally do not move about in. In this state I either speak to a group or write in private. No matter. There is a rush of ideas and images that sometimes come at me so fast that I cannot keep up. Later I try to analyze with the aim of improving. One thing I note, always note, is that after the session ends and I "come down" again and read what transpired I find that since the connection is gone and the "magic" with it the narrative lacks the vitality it seemed to have just a few moments before.

The above is the way it is with me so very often. So to compensate I always try to write quickly and to remember. I also try to proof read immediately but this is not easy as I am often tired from the effort.

These comments seem to confirm to me that the connection was real and not imagined. One more thing that I didn't say is that the usual progression of time seems different too.

I've been at it now for a couple of decades, almost three, with channeling. I know from speaking with other channels that most of this is common. The last thing to say is this. When a session begins it does so suddenly. I can feel it. I feel the connection being made. And I can sense now that my consciousness is expanded too. Later it stops and things go back to normal.

I am relating all this so that those who have an interest might gain some insights. Will you experience the same things as I? I would say that you would, yes but not necessarily so dramatically. I'm a Gemini after all and we tend to overdo things.

If there are those reading this who think they have a calling to be a channel I say just relax and allow it to happen. There is not too much difference between a writer with a vivid imagination at work on a novel and a channel doing his or her thing. I think the two are similar.

A last comment is this. Just before I began conscious channeling I was contacted by my friend in spirit, Bartholomew in an explicit way (automatic writing). I have spoken with others who shared such an experience. Is this common? Maybe. The prospective channel might watch for such an event.

James

John32241 30-04-2018 03:41 PM

Hi James,

Thank you for these insights.

John

bartholomew 30-04-2018 08:21 PM

John, thanks for the response. I see by your profile that you and I have much in common.... even age! I find it to be of great interest the way so many people seem to naturally intersect with the subtle planes. In my case it's mainly my palm chakras that have been open all my life. I have even seen them. I can easily feel auras and physical pains such as tumors in bodies. I used to literally take the pains of others into my own body through compassion/empathy, not understanding what was going on. But when the time was right I met those who knew more than I did. Now I work through this forum. The business of soul contact to produce readings is source of wonder enough.

I believe in the natural inclination of we humans towards telepathy, in it's many forms. Having seen examples of it quite often have written about it.

Age and location... two interesting aspects. You are in Lowell, MA. I am in Vancouver, WA. A third sensitive located in, say, New Orleans or Brownsville or Key West would constitute a triangle of force which could work to "heal".

Thanks for the note... James

John32241 30-04-2018 11:17 PM

Hello James,

Yes I noticed that you and I were the same age. I agree that telepathy, in its many forms, will play a big role in human evolution and healing.

I like to advocate self healing through self telepathy. Making peace with our own inner demons goes a long way towards dealing with external negative energies. Compassion for all that we are is the key for that philosophy.

John

linen53 19-07-2018 05:10 PM

You do so much good James and Bartholomew. You just put yourself out there for the benefit of others. :hug: Most people don't realize just how taxing this is on the body. It's nice to remind us so we can appreciate what you give us.

bartholomew 19-07-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linen53
You do so much good James and Bartholomew. You just put yourself out there for the benefit of others. :hug: Most people don't realize just how taxing this is on the body. It's nice to remind us so we can appreciate what you give us.

Brother I sit on a sofa with feet up, a cup of coffee at my side proofing what Bart writes. Once in a while I actually do something. ha ha...

linen53 19-07-2018 08:27 PM

Yeah, but (don't ya love 'yeah but' statements) you also have a real job to go to every day. :o/

bartholomew 19-07-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but (don't ya love 'yeah but' statements) you also have a real job to go to every day. :o/

Not any more. When I turned 76 a month ago I finally retired for good. Now the garden beckons but I can take all the naps I want. ha ha... But, but, but...etc

linen53 19-07-2018 11:28 PM

That is wonderful to know, James. Naps and gardens sounds comfy and right for you.

bartholomew 19-07-2018 11:57 PM

Quote:

That is wonderful to know, James. Naps and gardens sounds comfy and right for you.

I'm building a greenhouse in which I will grow herbs to use in cooking. My relatives in Ukraine and Russia have traditions of summer houses (dachas) where they go to swim in the river and relax but also to grow and preserve (usually by pickling) all sorts of veggies for the winter. Doing these is easy but to make them extra super one needs the right seasonings which mean various herbs some of which cannot easily be found here in the US. So I want to try my hand at growing and canning here as I learned to do there. Oh.... I do spiritual stuff too. (I almost forgot):cool:

gemma 21-07-2018 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartholomew
Not any more. When I turned 76 a month ago I finally retired for good. Now the garden beckons but I can take all the naps I want. ha ha... But, but, but...etc

Just wanted to say Happy Belated Birthday! James...hope it was nice. The garden and canning sound wonderful..maybe you need a pressure cooker or those new insta-pots for all the veggies..:D

bartholomew 21-07-2018 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemma
Just wanted to say Happy Belated Birthday! James...hope it was nice. The garden and canning sound wonderful..maybe you need a pressure cooker or those new insta-pots for all the veggies..:D

After all those years, nay decades, of chasing money a garden with all the little bugs that call it home helps me to remember the important things in life. But this kind of thinking makes me tired. Time for another nap. ha ha ..... Thanks for the nice thought Gemma.

Goddessa 21-07-2018 07:33 AM

When was it your birthday?!?!!

Anyway, I hope your had a happy day and wishing you all the best for the year ahead, my dear Brother xxx:hug3:

bartholomew 21-07-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goddessa
When was it your birthday?!?!!

Anyway, I hope your had a happy day and wishing you all the best for the year ahead, my dear Brother xxx:hug3:

17 June 1942. I had my first "spiritual" experience two weeks before I was born. I remember being with my parents. I remember our house and a car that they had borrowed because they knew my mother's time was near. I was always with them. I was just above them and watched. I was interested in them, curious. They were younger than I ever remembered later. It was quiet. No noise. No sounds. My awareness was that of an adult, not a child and certainly not that of a baby. Then the next thing I knew I was a baby. That's how it started this time around. So I had built in knowledge, affirmation, of the reality the surety of the spiritual worlds. Pretty soon I'll be going back and another lifetime finished with. I intend to have a few adventures before coming back again.

Thanks for the greetings Sister.

linen53 21-07-2018 01:18 PM

I do a lot of canning James making use an electric canner. That way I don't have to sit in front of a stovetop canner so the pressure doesn't go to low or to high. Instapot is one as Gemma mentioned, I went for an off-brand one because it was cheaper. I really love my electric canner and use it all the time.

I do pickle and I also ferment foods. Good for the gut.

I do hope your retirement is everything you hoped for. Yes, it will be time to finish with this life soon, but in the meantime your greenhouse calls with naps when you want them.

bartholomew 21-07-2018 10:48 PM

Quote:

I do a lot of canning James making use an electric canner. That way I don't have to sit in front of a stovetop canner so the pressure doesn't go to low or to high. Instapot is one as Gemma mentioned, I went for an off-brand one because it was cheaper. I really love my electric canner and use it all the time.

I do pickle and I also ferment foods. Good for the gut.

I do hope your retirement is everything you hoped for. Yes, it will be time to finish with this life soon, but in the meantime your greenhouse calls with naps when you want them.

When I was a boy I learned to can using a pressure cooker. Once we were given a tuna that was so big it took two men to lift it. We canned it using oil. I think there must have been one hundred or more jars of tuna in our pantry and the neighbor had an equal amount. I enjoy all methods of preserving foods including the use of salt for meats. It's interesting to note that in Ukraine butcher shops one can buy freshly made salted pork. You can also buy a whole pig's head and many who like to make their own sausages at home do exactly that. Here in the US we differ greatly from the rest of the world in many (culinary) ways. I have found the making of marinades to be a quick and easy way to pickle just about anything. Handy when no electricity is available.

bartholomew 21-07-2018 10:50 PM

It would be interesting to channel an alien in order to find out about their methods of preparing foods on their home worlds. Maybe I'll ask Bartholomew for some help in this area.

SerendipityLizard 22-07-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Ohoho, I agree. I get really weak after major sessions of channeling, and I need to rest. I have the feeling the more powerful the being channeled, the more intense it is as cardio exercise. Haha, looks like I don’t need to go the gym for cardio.

SerendipityLizard 22-07-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

It would be interesting to channel an alien in order to find out about their methods of preparing foods on their home worlds. Maybe I'll ask Bartholomew for some help in this area.

Interesting. I’m a little too tired to just ask an alien to channel myself right now about that but I’m kind of worried that we won’t have the same resources to prepare food in similar ways here.

It’s worth trying though. Most of the channeling I’ve seen are for life wisdom purposes — big picture perspectives — rather than for everyday practical purposes.

It’s a rather original idea to me really. People seem to forget the type of range of purposes channeling can be used for.

bartholomew 22-07-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
Interesting. I’m a little too tired to just ask an alien to channel myself right now about that but I’m kind of worried that we won’t have the same resources to prepare food in similar ways here.

It’s worth trying though. Most of the channeling I’ve seen are for life wisdom purposes — big picture perspectives — rather than for everyday practical purposes.

It’s a rather original idea to me really. People seem to forget the type of range of purposes channeling can be used for.

I agree and not all channeling is high spiritual sources either. I have listened to some who channeled their own souls giving us stories from their own past lives. Indeed my early channeling was usually familiar historical figures some of whom imparted quite mundane aspects of life in ages past. For instance as a surprise the soul of Pythagoras showed up once for a few minutes. This was because, I found out later, someone in the audience had an affinity for him and had channeled him herself. I didn't know this before hand. I felt his mood and realized that the man, in addition to other things that we know from reading history, was a practical joker. He loved laughing and liked to play. He loved life.... and still does. In recent years I only channel my friend Bartholomew. I know him quite well and when we engage it's for specific purpose like the soul readings for others. If I have the idea at the right time I may ask him about more adventurous things. Who knows we may do an internet show called "The Alien Chef". ha ha....

linen53 22-07-2018 10:32 PM

That would be fun James. Channeling doesn't have to be serious all the time. But um, after your trip and you are safely back home. :biggrin:

bartholomew 22-07-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

That would be fun James. Channeling doesn't have to be serious all the time. But um, after your trip and you are safely back home. :biggrin:

Back in late September and expect to be busy cleaning up my garden for awhile.

linen53 23-07-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Back in late September and expect to be busy cleaning up my garden for awhile.

I was wondering earlier who was going to watch your garden while you are away.

bartholomew 23-07-2018 01:08 AM

Quote:

I was wondering earlier who was going to watch your garden while you are away.

My son will harvest as opportunity is presented and later we will allow the squirrels and other beasties to have at it so nothing is wasted. Then the remainders are turned under to compost for next year. So.... no worries mate. The only things that are ripening now are blueberries and cherry tomatoes. All else is on the down cycle.

SaturninePluto 23-07-2018 01:23 AM

I wanted to write to wish you a happy long overdue belated happy birthday James.

And to congratulate you on your retirement.

Enjoy your gardening, rest, and peaceful quiet.

Blessings.

bartholomew 23-07-2018 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I wanted to write to wish you a happy long overdue belated happy birthday James.

And to congratulate you on your retirement.

Enjoy your gardening, rest, and peaceful quiet.

Blessings.

Thanks. I didn't really want to retire but my attention span at work was shortening. I began earning my own money in 1953 when I was eleven. I sold the evening paper at a busy intersection in daily going home traffic. When the light was red people in cars from the forties would buy my papers for 10 cents. After about 1.5 hours I had made 35 cents or so. Good money for a kid in those days. Since then I've never been unemployed, until now. ha ha.... Thanks again. Hope all is well with you.

Still_Waters 07-08-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

This is just a short post to say that in my experience as a conscious channel the feelings that are present during a session indicate a connection to some higher place. One that I normally do not move about in. In this state I either speak to a group or write in private. No matter. There is a rush of ideas and images that sometimes come at me so fast that I cannot keep up. Later I try to analyze with the aim of improving. One thing I note, always note, is that after the session ends and I "come down" again and read what transpired I find that since the connection is gone and the "magic" with it the narrative lacks the vitality it seemed to have just a few moments before.

The above is the way it is with me so very often. So to compensate I always try to write quickly and to remember. I also try to proof read immediately but this is not easy as I am often tired from the effort.

These comments seem to confirm to me that the connection was real and not imagined. One more thing that I didn't say is that the usual progression of time seems different too.

I've been at it now for a couple of decades, almost three, with channeling. I know from speaking with other channels that most of this is common. The last thing to say is this. When a session begins it does so suddenly. I can feel it. I feel the connection being made. And I can sense now that my consciousness is expanded too. Later it stops and things go back to normal.

I am relating all this so that those who have an interest might gain some insights. Will you experience the same things as I? I would say that you would, yes but not necessarily so dramatically. I'm a Gemini after all and we tend to overdo things.

If there are those reading this who think they have a calling to be a channel I say just relax and allow it to happen. There is not too much difference between a writer with a vivid imagination at work on a novel and a channel doing his or her thing. I think the two are similar.

A last comment is this. Just before I began conscious channeling I was contacted by my friend in spirit, Bartholomew in an explicit way (automatic writing). I have spoken with others who shared such an experience. Is this common? Maybe. The prospective channel might watch for such an event.

James

Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to hear directly what goes on in the mind of one who channels and has done so for decades.

bartholomew 07-08-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to hear directly what goes on in the mind of one who channels and has done so for decades.

Another thing I failed to mention is this. We get used to it and as we do so we tend to be acclimated. We feel it less. Sometimes one will say, "I think the ability is gone because I feel nothing now where before it was very pronounced". That's just because it is not new any more. It's still there though. Every time I do a soul reading for someone I am thus connected. Is it a big deal? No. Such things happen to many who haven't a clue that it's really a connection to somewhere else. History is filled with such people who were said to be special for this or that reason. Those with strong intuitive minds are more connected to the "outside" than are many others. Intuition, after all, is not a product of the physical brain. If it were animals would share it. Only a few animals can "think around corners". DaVinci may have been connected every time he dreamed up some invention. It's possible.

Many times we hear about "female intuition". Are women more inclined for this? Maybe. It certainly is a fact though that many, many great writers and musical composers who were male were also homosexual. I believe there is a connection. It's not about sexuality. That is only a manifestation of something else.

Sorry for the mini dissertation.

Thanks for the nice response.

Compendium 07-08-2018 04:44 PM

Its funny when I read the first post. I get something similar I call them epiphanies though except when they occur there is an expanded awareness that comes with it and all of a sudden I just have knowledge. Usually it is not even knowledge I am seeking, but it is knowledge I feel down to a cellular level as being correct.

Namaste`

bartholomew 07-08-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compendium
Its funny when I read the first post. I get something similar I call them epiphanies though except when they occur there is an expanded awareness that comes with it and all of a sudden I just have knowledge. Usually it is not even knowledge I am seeking, but it is knowledge I feel down to a cellular level as being correct.

Namaste`

Little windows that sometimes open to reveal ???? And then they close again.

linen53 07-08-2018 08:24 PM

Quote:

Little windows that sometimes open to reveal ???? And then they close again.

Bill Gates will not like that! Copyright infringement so something like that.:biggrin: Sorry I couldn't resist. I will be quiet now.:rolleyes:

Compendium 07-08-2018 08:38 PM

Yeah like that. My last two.....When I was meditating I was focusing on my breath and all of a sudden something came to me, "You are just an expansion of space breathing in the universe and source." Then the next day I was told " You are just a vessel, you have to empty your mind so we can connect." Other times I am told about the afterlife or events that are going to occur in my life or in the world.

bartholomew 08-08-2018 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compendium
Yeah like that. My last two.....When I was meditating I was focusing on my breath and all of a sudden something came to me, "You are just an expansion of space breathing in the universe and source." Then the next day I was told " You are just a vessel, you have to empty your mind so we can connect." Other times I am told about the afterlife or events that are going to occur in my life or in the world.

There are more things to be said regarding channeling. If you care to, stay in touch.

bartholomew 08-08-2018 07:01 AM

Quote:

Bill Gates will not like that! Copyright infringement so something like that.:biggrin: Sorry I couldn't resist. I will be quiet now.:rolleyes:

No worries mate...

heartsound 08-12-2019 07:11 AM

Interesting thread to read!

Learning about channeling. 🙂

bartholomew 08-12-2019 07:40 AM

Channeling is most interesting but don't forget.... you will be connecting with other humans just like you whether or not they are currently incarnated. Be very careful to keep your own vibes high. Listen to all of us who channel but never give away your ability to decide reality for yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartsound
Interesting thread to read!

Learning about channeling. 🙂

adamkade 06-01-2020 11:17 PM

Oh yes

Bless you all. Thanks for all your wonderful words. It feels like a lifetime since I wrote a post. Not sure what to write. I have been a channeller all my life. The way that I see the world is so very different from others, though I do connect with people through my life.

I try to ascend others consciousness. We can but try. It is so wonderful to be talk to others on my level of understanding. Though it is difficult to find others who are on the same level. This sounds so concieted. Yet I am not.

There are many spiritual teachers that come to me and share their understanding with me. It is a great blessing.

I hope happiness for everyone here. I hope your journey through this year is wonderful for you.

I believe the world is changing and becoming a better place. Kindness and love to you all.

bartholomew 07-01-2020 05:37 AM

I see by your profile you are a Christian spiritualist. I often wondered what kind of Christian I was. Lately I have been thinking that, if asked, I would claim to be a proponent of Mystical Christianity. There is, after all, a Mystical Judaism and even an corresponding sect in Islam but this one is a very interesting story which involves, I think, the Sufi's. NO matter. I find that so long as I am a sensitive I can't leave religion behind. It does, after all, connect humanity to the spiritual worlds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamkade
Bless you all. Thanks for all your wonderful words. It feels like a lifetime since I wrote a post. Not sure what to write. I have been a channeller all my life. The way that I see the world is so very different from others, though I do connect with people through my l

ife.

I try to ascend others consciousness. We can but try. It is so wonderful to be talk to others on my level of understanding. Though it is difficult to find others who are on the same level. This sounds so concieted. Yet I am not.

There are many spiritual teachers that come to me and share their understanding with me. It is a great blessing.

I hope happiness for everyone here. I hope your journey through this year is wonderful for you.

I believe the world is changing and becoming a better place. Kindness and love to you all.

adamkade 04-02-2020 11:52 PM

Quote:

I see by your profile you are a Christian spiritualist. I often wondered what kind of Christian I was. Lately I have been thinking that, if asked, I would claim to be a proponent of Mystical Christianity. There is, after all, a Mystical Judaism and even an corresponding sect in Islam but this one is a very interesting story which involves, I think, the Sufi's. NO matter. I find that so long as I am a sensitive I can't leave religion behind. It does, after all, connect humanity to the spiritual worlds.

I guess I am. I know that we don't need labels. but sometimes they are useful. I am a christian and I am a spiritualist. Though I have not met another whose knowledge is so complete, in regard to Christianity. This sounds concieted. Yet this is the reality that I have experienced for a long while. Also, I am a Spiritualist, but as I see it, true Christianity, in its original form was very much like a Spiritualist, in the sense that they actively did meduimship.

In regard to Judaism, they communicate with God, and God is a Spirit. I also communicate with God. So there is no division there.

You are quite right, in regard to Islam also. The mystical traditions do seem to say the same things.

You are interesting chap. I wish you well, and welcome more communications from your good self.

Every time I try to define myself in regard to religion, I either find that there is an extra belief that I have which would cause those of any particular religion to not accept me. There is a greater Church though. The Celestial Church has many different aspects and teaches many different facets because it is known that the truth is defined by the one that perceives rather than than the one expressing the Divine message.

Here there is duality, or so it seems. I believe that the opposites do not combat each other but instead relate to each in harmony, so there is no duality. Not really.

bartholomew 05-02-2020 07:44 AM

From our viewpoint the highest truths are so often called absolutes. But where are we when we espouse this? Hard physical worlds and their corresponding subtle sheaths (densities to some, planes to others, heavens to yet other groups) are very low indeed when seen from truly high places. Through it all though if we can manage to find a lowest common denominator we easily discover so much more. As we ascend through the heavens two things happen. First, time, as we are used to perceiving it, slows. Second, our consciousness is increased. If we can manage it, if we could possibly reach the ultimate level at which "God" "is" we would find that time, which had been slowing as we neared, now is non existent. We would also find that we are now "all knowing". In this statement we find the answer to the question of why we have freedom of choice and yet God knows how we will chose. Now, when we look back "down" to the mid and lower heavens and finally to the dense realm of the Earth (and other planets too) we realize that separation, divisiveness, anger, greed, avarice, hate and, yes, even lower expressions of love, are all manifestations of lower degrees of consciousness.

If we accept the above we can easily see not only the role of religions but their cause as well. Now we can easily resolve the statement concerning the nature of life after death. Now, instead of speaking in terms of reward or punishment we realize that there is another truth which is so very simple and elegant. After we pass we slowly rise. We pause in the mid astral (heaven of lore) where we sort ourselves out for a bit. Here it is we, ourselves, now free of bias, who judges ourselves. Then, after a time, we raise again to the plane of the human souls where we remain for sometimes quite a long time in Earth years. From here we are able to look "down" at the Earth. We are also able to look "up" at higher realms... wondering. From this vantage the aspects which so limited us before are greatly diminished. Now we finally understand about the conditions on Earth. And why? Because we are now more conscious. From the spiritual home of the human souls (the one near this planet) God is still quite unknowable but we are just a bit more able now. We've moved closer. And now, armed with fresh insights, we plan our next adventure in physical plane living. And, once again, religions will play an important role. This is the way of it....

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamkade
I guess I am. I know that we don't need labels. but sometimes they are useful. I am a christian and I am a spiritualist. Though I have not met another whose knowledge is so complete, in regard to Christianity. This sounds concieted. Yet this is the reality that I have experienced for a long while. Also, I am a Spiritualist, but as I see it, true Christianity, in its original form was very much like a Spiritualist, in the sense that they actively did meduimship.

In regard to Judaism, they communicate with God, and God is a Spirit. I also communicate with God. So there is no division there.

You are quite right, in regard to Islam also. The mystical traditions do seem to say the same things.

You are interesting chap. I wish you well, and welcome more communications from your good self.

Every time I try to define myself in regard to religion, I either find that there is an extra belief that I have which would cause those of any particular religion to not accept me. There is a greater Church though. The Celestial Church has many different aspects and teaches many different facets because it is known that the truth is defined by the one that perceives rather than than the one expressing the Divine message.

Here there is duality, or so it seems. I believe that the opposites do not combat each other but instead relate to each in harmony, so there is no duality. Not really.