Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Wild Weather (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=93566)

Shivani Devi 15-11-2015 09:00 AM

Wild Weather

In the past 2 months, the world has seen some horrendous and totally weird weather...like hailstones the size of golf balls blanketing parts of Saudi Arabia...like 4 typhoons at once in the area of the Pacific Ocean...tornadoes in Australia (where we never get them) and mysterious cloud formations over China, which are quite intriguing.

There's just so much wild weather happening lately, that I cannot remember a time in my 51 years of being here that it was ever like this.

However, when I mention it to others, they go 'meh...the weather has always been bad'.

They even link me to scientific graphs and studies showing the incident of wild/freaky weather has actually been on the decline since the '90's...but what they are showing me and what I see...well, let's just say that a disparity exists.

There are even some who deny the existence of Global Warming and Climate Change.

So, I put the question here...do you think we are seeing more bad weather recently or is this just a particularly bad el nino pattern?

Do you think, for example that, 'deserts turning to ice' is a sign of something worse to come in the near future?

What do you feel about all of this? I'd be interested to hear what people say. Thanks.

Miss Hepburn 15-11-2015 09:03 AM

Yes, I even started a thread awhile ago myself...
Anyone noticing the weather?
Something like that. Hahaha! :wink:

Belle 15-11-2015 09:18 AM

Waiting for the floods to come in Cumbria, UK!

I'm not old enough to remember the ark, or the bible times of years of famine.

ObServant 15-11-2015 09:28 AM

Climate Change deniers take note.

Belle 15-11-2015 09:37 AM

Ug sorry didn't mean to imply that I was a climate change denier.

But the climate has always been morphing has it not? Since the ice age? Since dinosaurs were eradicated?

What is happening now, in my opinion, is an escalation of the speed of change.

Shaunc 15-11-2015 09:57 AM

I work outside and have done since I was 15, I'm currently 52 and yes I've noticed a change in the weather in the area I live in (SE N.S.W Australia ). September is usually windy here, but last year the wind didn't come till November and this year it hasn't come at all.
I've got tomatoes in the backyard that are up to my thighs and have hardly any flowers at all on them.
The magpies aren't swooping as much as they used to and when they do they seem to lack the ferocity of previous generations.
So yes I'm noticing a change in the weather patterns locally where I live.

Shivani Devi 15-11-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaunc
I work outside and have done since I was 15, I'm currently 52 and yes I've noticed a change in the weather in the area I live in (SE N.S.W Australia ). September is usually windy here, but last year the wind didn't come till November and this year it hasn't come at all.
I've got tomatoes in the backyard that are up to my thighs and have hardly any flowers at all on them.
The magpies aren't swooping as much as they used to and when they do they seem to lack the ferocity of previous generations.
So yes I'm noticing a change in the weather patterns locally where I live.

That's such a coincidence! I live in SE N.S.W too (Wollongong region) and I am experiencing it too.

I mean, it's the middle of November, this is the first day we've had for a week where it hasn't rained, yet I am sitting here, in a dressing gown with the heater on.

How 'bout those floods we got six weeks ago eh? parts of the Illawarra and Shoalhaven were completely submerged and my street was blocked off for days.

Not to mention all my 'good plants' are dying and the weeds are growing faster than I can pull the blighters out.

Thanks for all your comments.

ObServant 15-11-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle
Ug sorry didn't mean to imply that I was a climate change denier.

But the climate has always been morphing has it not? Since the ice age? Since dinosaurs were eradicated?

What is happening now, in my opinion, is an escalation of the speed of change.

My comment wasn't aimed at you Belle - just at Climate Change deniers in general (I never thought you were one).

knightofalbion 16-11-2015 11:58 PM

Yes, the weather is totally out of sync and certainly seems to be 'wilder' than it used to be.

Belle 17-11-2015 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObServant
My comment wasn't aimed at you Belle - just at Climate Change deniers in general (I never thought you were one).

Ha, I'm oversensitive! I didn't take your comment at me personally, but thanks for clarifying. I did see my comment as ambiguous - that climate change is not a new phenomena. I stand by that thought, but I do feel it needs the clarification of rate of change.

But thank you!

Belle 17-11-2015 06:54 AM

The other thing that strikes me is raging imbalance. Where I am, floods. Other parts of the world - drought.

DaiBach 17-11-2015 07:02 PM

The 'imbalance' might be to do with regional, climatic variations. For instance it's hot, still and sultry in Nairobi at the moment, but blummin madly wild, windy and wet here.

Belle 17-11-2015 07:33 PM

Yes indeed - but the imbalance feels more extreme. May be that is my perception.

Shaunc 18-11-2015 07:51 AM

Finally some warm weather where I am. Tonight we're eating our first pick from the vegetable patch for dinner. Some lettuce and silver beet.

RedEmbers 19-11-2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Necromancer
That's such a coincidence! I live in SE N.S.W too (Wollongong region) and I am experiencing it too.

I mean, it's the middle of November, this is the first day we've had for a week where it hasn't rained, yet I am sitting here, in a dressing gown with the heater on.

How 'bout those floods we got six weeks ago eh? parts of the Illawarra and Shoalhaven were completely submerged and my street was blocked off for days.

Not to mention all my 'good plants' are dying and the weeds are growing faster than I can pull the blighters out.

Thanks for all your comments.

Omg me too har har...

Whats up with the slow maggies? Are they feeling lethargic from the heat? I haven't even been swooped by even one yet and it's almost december, Lazy

Lepus 28-12-2015 01:03 AM

Hello,

Lots of bad weather in the United States. Stay safe.

Quills Quiver

Makoiyi 28-12-2015 07:35 AM

Very bad storms, high winds and constant rain here, the summer was a wash out, even the hay in the barn didn't make well it was so damp and we've yet to get a day of frost yet this winter.

I'm sure thankful I live half way up a mountain n the water runs on down past us, the lands so water logged the horses can't go out to pasture and are living in stables or the stable yards when its not raining to hard.

The flooding on lower land and in the center of the country is very bad, far far worse than normal.

Makoiyi

Tobi 29-12-2015 12:34 AM

Rain and wind here too (SW UK) And it is way too warm. Spring flowers starting to bloom, and the grass growing....meanwhile roses (from last summer!) are also in bloom! Blackbird starting to sing. All this happening before the winter solstice, and still like that now. Unheard of in this area. No frost either.
It is the most unusual winter I have ever known. It may well get cold yet. The winter isn't over. But I have never seen these things happening before.

Shivani Devi 29-12-2015 06:07 AM

It's sad/bad to hear of all those storms and flooding in England right now...South America as well...and in the Northern Territory of Australia, due to monsoonal troughs.

El Nino is pretty bad one this year.

In Australia, it is late December/early January - mid summer and it's been like an 'English Summer' so far.

I think we've had 2 days in Sydney where it's been over 30 Deg C, but for the past couple of weeks, we've reached temperatures of between 16-23 Deg C...although, I am not complaining. I prefer the milder weather.

Thing is, it's like somebody has drawn a line through the middle of Australia and made another 'tropic' well below the Tropic of Capricorn...above that, we have floods, storms and swollen rivers and below that, there's droughts, bushfires and no water whatsoever...the government should be building more north to south irrigation pipes, like the Snowy Mountains Scheme, but way bigger, so the southern states can benefit from the monsoon rains...

Poor old Lake Menindee has been empty for 4 years...I was glad to go to Broken Hill while it was still full and the township still had water...2,000 kms to the north of it, houses and towns are under water.

Yeah, a 'sunburnt country' of 'droughts and flooding rains'...that's about the size of it, but the weather has been atrocious, unseasonal and totally out of character.

Shaunc 29-12-2015 08:56 AM

I'm only about 3 hours from Sydney, very close to canberra . This summer has been the hottest and driest we've had in a while. I've already got my first couple of red tomatoes and I didn't plant the seedlings until the Caulfield cup (mid October ).
Monsoonal rains in the top end this time of year isn't abnormal or unexpected.

Shivani Devi 29-12-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

I'm only about 3 hours from Sydney, very close to canberra . This summer has been the hottest and driest we've had in a while. I've already got my first couple of red tomatoes and I didn't plant the seedlings until the Caulfield cup (mid October ).
Monsoonal rains in the top end this time of year isn't abnormal or unexpected.

That's quite weird, because for the past 2 weeks and for the next week, I have been watching the BoM weather forecasts and seeing how right they have been with their temperature predictions and they've been spot on, with their forecasts of between 17-23 C for the Sydney area and 19-26 C for the Sydney suburbs.

I live in the small seaside township of Shellharbour, NSW which is also 2-3 degrees less than in Sydney.

I watched the news tonight and for the next week, it's not getting any higher than 26 degrees in the Sydney Metro and 24 for Shellharbour for the whole week.

The New Year's Eve forecast at midnight is 20 degC with 0 chance of rain.

This is New Year's eve/day, whereby ever since I was a kid, we've always sweltered over Christmas and the New Year, with 2-3 weeks of 35Deg C + almost every day and 26-28 C during the night.

Whatever happened this year? (presuming one doesn't live in South Australia)...and where's all that weather they get 2 days before us that we're not even getting?

I am not getting this either. lol

Shaunc 29-12-2015 10:53 AM

It seems to be cooler along the coast . We had 31 today and last week it was 37 on a few days. I've been rebuilding a deck over the break and the sun has been the killer. I gave it its first coat of oil today and tomorrow plan on starting early to give it the second coat

Shivani Devi 29-12-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

It seems to be cooler along the coast . We had 31 today and last week it was 37 on a few days. I've been rebuilding a deck over the break and the sun has been the killer. I gave it its first coat of oil today and tomorrow plan on starting early to give it the second coat

Sorry it took a while to reply, I'm watching the BBL (go 6ers)...anyway, yeah the milder weather seems isolated to the 50km or so coastal fringe, like it should be, however I have been living in Sydney all my life and just moved 80kms south of there a year ago. I can't remember it being as cool as this, but an internet search turned up the year 1956 as being colder than this summer, so that was before I was born.

Good luck with your deck and I hope it turns out nice for you and it doesn't get too hot early on. All the best.

Visitor 29-12-2015 11:19 AM

Wild Weather! At least it is not like it was in Noah's time.

Gracey 29-12-2015 03:15 PM

Been a mild winter so far. We broke our warmest record from 1933.

Tobi 30-12-2015 03:16 PM

Whoa! We just got a humdinger storm through last night. It raged all night long, brought tree branches down. Now it is just raining (as per usual!) and the wind has died down. The fields are beginning to look like lakes.

Gracey 30-12-2015 03:42 PM

We just missed a huge ice storm. Still really mild here...in the 50's. I don't mind seeing as how we had 6 months of winter last year.

Belle 30-12-2015 06:43 PM

Over 3 times monthly rainful here - nearly 4 times. I think. It feels like more than that!

Visitor 30-12-2015 08:00 PM

Maybe it is time to build an Ark.

Tobi 30-12-2015 11:25 PM

I am reminded of a guy who used to walk about my local town telling us prophecies. That was back in the 80s....(when life was kind of 'normal'?) He slept out in a field, didn't want anything else.
He built a small coracle, and used to carry it about and 'park' it here and there.
He warned us that "The Flood was coming". That one day the dry land would be inundated by water and that we had better prepare. He told us that the greed of humanity was causing it.
That was well before any worries about 'global warming'.
He was quite a nice sort of guy even though eccentric. He had gentle ways. But many of us used to laugh about him, and think he was pleasantly nuts.

Now....guess what? He wasn't far wrong. (Look at what is happening in the north of England, and in other areas in the world, and what happened in Somerset England not long ago.)

Shaunc 31-12-2015 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Sorry it took a while to reply, I'm watching the BBL (go 6ers)...anyway, yeah the milder weather seems isolated to the 50km or so coastal fringe, like it should be, however I have been living in Sydney all my life and just moved 80kms south of there a year ago. I can't remember it being as cool as this, but an internet search turned up the year 1956 as being colder than this summer, so that was before I was born.

Good luck with your deck and I hope it turns out nice for you and it doesn't get too hot early on. All the best.

It's still hot here. The deck has kept me busy although apart from the roof it's now completed. I can't buy the roofing until everyone gets back to work next week.
Later on tonight I'll move the budgies back onto the deck and out of the chook house where they've been for the last couple of weeks.
Have a great new year.

DavidMcCann 31-12-2015 06:03 PM

London is incredible at the moment. The daytime temperatures have been in the 50s, and the night-time ones in the 40s. Normally there would have been at least one frost by now. Yesterday I saw my first daffodils, a month early, and we've got daisies all over the lawn!

Native spirit 01-01-2016 09:25 PM

Still raining here it doesn't stop woke up to it being white with frost this morning .its been cold here too ,no flower coming up here yet,

Namaste

Belle 01-01-2016 09:43 PM

I've seen daffodils in London on boxing day. Cold snaps come late. We have buds on some of the magnolia trees. I worry that a frost will come and kill the buds. Bulbs are sprouting leaves here, but no flowers.

Gracey 01-01-2016 09:51 PM

We have buds on our fruit trees. The deer have been eating a lot of them. They are more than likely dead now, we got snow today....a big change from being in the 50's.

rainbow.sprinkles 01-01-2016 10:19 PM

still sunny

Tobi 02-01-2016 02:09 AM

...Still raining....:(

Deepsoul 02-01-2016 09:41 PM

Oh dear its awful when it goes on and on ,cabin fever is only one of the things , I feel for you Tobi ,that first day of sunshine is like the first day on earth again and it will come friend ,hold that hope ,love deep

Native spirit 02-01-2016 10:04 PM

Still raining here we have had rain everyday for over two months now, give me snow anyday I hate rain,no wonder so many people from here emigrate.

Namaste

knightofalbion 02-01-2016 10:04 PM

Lots of rain here, but so mild ... Many wild primroses, ragged robin and celandine in bloom!